What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Expanse

Timbo

Staff member
Anyone checked this show out?

I stumbled across a glowing review of it on IGN recently and have binge watched the first season. It's a bit like Game of Thrones in space. Not traditional sci-fi in that it's mainly a political struggle set against the backdrop of a cold war between Earth and its colonies in the solar system. Similar to GoT there are multiple storylines that converge in the climax of the season. It's bee reviewed for a second season coming out early next year.

Highly recommend it for GoT fans going through withdrawals, or fans of darker SciFi like BSG.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Just finished the first 3 eps and it's been good so far. Not sure about the game of thrones comparisons except for maybe the multiple storylines.

Timbo

Staff member
Just announced that Netflix has bought the rights to this show in Oz.

Still can't reccomend it enough. Keep your eyes out when it appears to stream.

Timbo

Staff member

Season 4 drops in about a fortnight. I’ve been watching again from the beginning, this show is so f**king good.

skeepe

Immortal
Very interested to see what they do with it now that the budgetary shackles of Syfy have been removed.

Timbo

Staff member
Netflix cancelled The Expanse and it got picked up by Amazon Prime for the fourth season onwards.

From memory that deal included Netflix handing over seasons that had already aired to Amazon as well.

This is correct. And it’s much better on Prime too. They’ve really thrown the kitchen sink at this show - perks of being the favourite of the worlds richest man I guess.

mackdadday

Juniors
Just finishing the Mandalorian..might give this a burl next but a pox on your pecker if you are wasting my time.

Timbo

Staff member
Just finishing the Mandalorian..might give this a burl next but a pox on your pecker if you are wasting my time.

Just be aware the first season can be a bit slow - that's when it was on basic cable in the US and produced accordingly.

When it found it's audience going into season two and they started throwing money at it, it really goes into another gear.

Timbo

Staff member
f**k this season is good.

It’s the adaptation of what most readers consider the best book in the series so I’m not surprised that it’s been white hot.

Latest posts