What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show 2012

Mr Saab

Referee
Molin and Slats - what was that shit?
I mean there is shit and there is shit that isnt even looking back in the toilet to see what it looks like after you did it it was that forgetful.

Sick to death of Slats and his love affair with Bon Jovi.....we is a twat and Erin Molin just looks to uncomfortable on TV

Stagger Lee

Bench
At the risk of getting booted of the forum I think Slats has done well this year on the footy show, a lot of brown nosing in the first month but he now seems comfortable and is showing leadership.

If they would just take Fatty, Hadley, and Mario out the back and shoot them then it may actually be a competent show next year.

seanoff

Juniors
At the risk of getting booted of the forum I think Slats has done well this year on the footy show, a lot of brown nosing in the first month but he now seems comfortable and is showing leadership.

If they would just take Fatty, Hadley, and Mario out the back and shoot them then it may actually be a competent show next year.

:crazy::sarcasm::o:oops::shock: WHAT??????? He is HORRIBLE

Godz Illa

Coach
I found this cute. A nostalgic glimpse back at the halcyon Footy Show days. Go Nads 4 ever

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/375430/go-nads-how-racing-phenomenon-erupted/?cs=302

Go Nads: how racing phenomenon erupted By ADAM PENGILLY

Oct. 4, 2012, midnight
He's been handed keys to a city, chartered limos to get around, led nightly news bulletins and even been the guest of honour at Great Keppel Island's 30th birthday celebrations.
Yep, the greyhound born out of a promotional idea for Channel 9's The Footy Show certainly was no ordinary canine.
On a night when Nads' trainer prepares to return to Dapto for its 75th birthday celebrations, the Mercury tracked down Greg Wynn to recall the hysteria of the late 1990s.
"It's been the No 1 thing for greyhound racing in the last 50 years," Wynn said. "There's never ever been the same publicity for a greyhound."
And it's hard to argue.
Ever since Nads had a winning debut at Dapto in front of a live national television audience in 1996, the greyhound almost instantly earned a cult following.
In partnership with Channel 9, the Dapto Greyhound Racing Club and Nature Vet, Nads' efforts on the track donated more than $250,000 to charities around Australia.
But that was only half the story of a greyhound who was a one-dog travelling roadshow.
Like the time he went to Forbes and was handed the keys to the city at a civic reception - just for racing in the town.
Or the time he helped save a country club from financial ruin, multiplying bar takings by 15 for the day after a rare appearance.
Then he led the nightly news bulletin in far north Queensland after hundreds of people flocked to greet him upon arrival at Cairns Airport.
And there was the time he was invited back to Great Keppel Island to be the special guest for a 30th birthday bash after he made such an impression on a first visit.
It almost wasn't to be, though, if Wynn hadn't been talked out of a case of cold feet at the last minute.
"Before the first night we had to race on The Footy Show I took him down to Dapto and he trialled really bad," Wynn said. "I rang Channel 9 and said, 'This dog can't race on Thursday. He went terrible today and he'll go no good'.
"It couldn't be helped, they'd already done the promo and the dog has to run no matter what."
He won by seven lengths and the Nads phenomenon, with trusty sidekicks Terry Hill and Jack Elsegood on hand, took off.
"Whenever he was running on The Footy Show, that whole week's promotion was about a greyhound," Wynn said. "It's never been heard of. The Footy Show has never rated higher as when Nads was there - I can assure you.
"He even got an appearance of $12,000 to turn up at Bathurst greyhounds. We got them to make the cheque directly to Westmead Children's Hospital."
Wynn no longer trains greyhounds, Nads has gone to the big kennel upstairs and The Footy Show is not what it used to be.

But the memories are still alive and every glorious detail will be stewed over at Dapto.
Said Wynn: "Zoom Top was the best greyhound I've ever seen - she was an absolute champion - but Zoom Top was never known like Nads was known. The greyhound people knew Zoom Top, but the nation knew Nads."

some11

Referee
Prediction:

After the first show everyone will say how shit it is then someone will say "if you don't like it then don't watch it" followed by "the last time I watched it was back in..."

My post from March.

5 more years!

Brutus

Referee
Tim Gilbert will be one of the Thursday night Footy Show hosts next year in an overhaul of the Show.

He will be replaced as host of the Roast by Ken Sutcliffe in a re-vamp of that show.

revamp the Footy Show with Tim Gilbert? It's not April Folls Day!

And i thought that it couldn't get any worse than this year, with Michael Slater. Now, it looks like it is possible! :(

ManlyMania

Juniors
there is no flow or on air chemistry between fatty and slats -i thought after a few weeks it would get better but at times was worse.

Brutus

Referee
revamp the Footy Show with Tim Gilbert? It's not April Folls Day!

And i thought that it couldn't get any worse than this year, with Michael Slater. Now, it looks like it is possible! :(

The word "re-vamp" has a completely different meaning when it comes to the Footy Show as we've seen many times in the past.

Sutcliffe will be hard-hitting on the Roast...

The Gambler

Juniors
there is no flow or on air chemistry between fatty and slats -i thought after a few weeks it would get better but at times was worse.
Definitely a lack of chemistry between Slats and the rest of the panel. One would get the feeling that don't really like him - this would simply be because they are intimated by his professional approach to presenting. Compared to the rest who just rock up on the night and wing it.

Slater was never meant to become 'one of the boys' and provide much league insight. He is just around to steer the ship, give some direction, listen to the producers and add a touch 'class' if you will. I for one, think he has done that.

Would be surprised if he does it again next year though.

bottle

Coach
The word "re-vamp" has a completely different meaning when it comes to the Footy Show as we've seen many times in the past.

Sutcliffe will be hard-hitting on the Roast...

Would Cougar get interviewed about his Rothman's?

although there is no word about our show yet for 2013 (regarding anything), news did come out earlier today that the AFL Footy Show will be moving to a 8.30pm next year. Good on them, i say.

The way the NRL Footy Show has been running lately, i am still surprised that it is still running to this day! Michael Slater was average as co-host this year. The talk of Tim Gilbert joining the show next year is sad. And the toilet humour for the show hasn't improved at all.

kdalymc

Bench
Anyone know how I could contact the show. We're organising a charity game in march for a young bloke down the club who was in an accident, coma for some months and is now in permanent rehab in brisbane. We got a few celebs coming down, jerseys auctioned off after the game etc, just would be good to get mario down there or something.