What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show Thread 2007

jimmyo

Juniors
That highlights of the players "retiring" is something I look forward to each year - but this year it was ruined by a host of players jumping to the ESL - does Jake Webster get a mention every time he changes teams??

There is a big difference between these players and the greats like Peachey, Johns and Bowman who are actually leaving. They deserved more than 2 seconds of footage, the same that traitors like Matt King got - as if he'll never play NRL again.

Scorpio30

Bench
jimmyo said:
That highlights of the players "retiring" is something I look forward to each year - but this year it was ruined by a host of players jumping to the ESL - does Jake Webster get a mention every time he changes teams??

There is a big difference between these players and the greats like Peachey, Johns and Bowman who are actually leaving. They deserved more than 2 seconds of footage, the same that traitors like Matt King got - as if he'll never play NRL again.

Yeah it was basically "look at all these merkins going to Super League".

Also ruined by a researcher who forgot Whatuira also played for Melbourne.

innsaneink

Referee
jimmyo said:

They missed Ben Galea......story of his career I guess.

Good to see they saved the worst for last.

Mishm

Juniors
weak weak players review. They could have at least put some players in it!!
I'm sick of seeing the same guys in the studio every week. The NRL's got how many players?! WE WANNA SEE THEMMMMMM!!!!

Brutus

Referee
Fatty does the same rubbish every friggin year - walks out can't mime the words properly - generally looking like a dickwad.

It should be a current players review - not the same old panel f**kwits.

This has to be the last year of this sh*t in its current format. Heads should roll.