What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show thread 2009

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Well it's back on Thursday... the new panel is Paul Vautin, Matthew Johns and Andrew Voss.

Special guest panellist this week: Russell Crowe

Meanwhile, Russell Crowe has momentarily left Hollywood behind - to make his 2009 TV debut as a panellist on The Footy Show.

The South Sydney Rabbitohs co-owner joins the newly formed three-host panel of Paul "Fatty" Vautin, Andrew Voss and Matthew Johns to be grilled on all things rugby league at the launch of the revamped format next Thursday.

Channel 9 hopes the makeover will boost ratings following a major viewer slump last year.

"Russell Crowe is on the first week ... I hear he has asked for Fatty's and my books so he could read up on us and fire off some questions at us as well," Johns said. "It should be interesting."

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,28383,25153366-10229,00.html

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'll watch it, purely for the fact it represents the return of the NRL season and (hopefully) some footy talk.

Definately. The show is much better when you're there compared to watching it on television. On television, you just wonder why you bother, and when you're there the funniest moments are during the commercial or before the bloody show lol.

Mr Saab

Referee
Voss should add some sense to the show...is not a complete f**king try hard like Johns.

Mr Saab

Referee
Any reports as to why Daley left Nine?

He joined nine as he wanted to be part of the origin.
He left nine because he was given a minor role. Wasnted used the way he wanted to be, and thats in the main calling team....he was spending too much time on the sidelines.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
"The Footy Show is absolute crap!!! Why do people watch it for? Worst show on television"

:sarcasm:

Brutus

Referee
Surly the producers of this show have realised that the humour no longer works because the humour provided is usually z grade stuff.

The ratings don't lie.

They either talk more footy this year or cut the show for good.

At least there's no random, irrelevant Newcastle sh*t being spouted by Harrogan anymore. Allthough you can't guarantee M. Johns won't continue the Knight circle jerk on his own. (And yes he's more than capable of carrying a one man circle jerk)

God-King Dean

Immortal
Yay for Vossy. Hopefully the others don't cramp his style. You know... his talking about football on a football show style.

" This show is sh*t. I'll never watch this crap again. "

Next week...

" This show is sh*t. I'll never watch this crap again. "

Next week...

" This show is sh*t. I'll never watch this crap again. " etc etc.