What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Forum Axemen

spinnerhowland

Juniors
The surprises just keep coming.
All our fans and especially those forum reader that have visited www.samsportsline.com and commented on the soudn off page and clicked on the google search bar, The Axemen thank you.
We now have our own direct link form Sams permanent link bar and are featured on the Local sports tab.
Getting on this site in Jacksonville is like "coming of age".
Thanks
I don't know what else to say.

Lantana

Juniors
Don't say anything Spinner...this is a small thankyou from the Rugby League community for the efforts of you and the Axemen.

All the best and don't forget where we are if you need anything in the future.

GO the AXEMEN in 06

Tomahawk

Staff member
Let me first say what Spinner has been able to do in Jacksonville is incredible. Every time you think he is not going to do anything more, he comes up with something new. With T-Mobil and Outback as two major sponsors is incredible. The relationship he has started with the University of North Florida (UNF) will only be definitional to both the university and Florida rugby league. However, I do not see the Axeman being as huge of an impact as some many think.

Spinner has come up with a very obtainable goal. That being going into the Axeman’s first home match ever undefeated. I say it is a very obtainable goal because they play the Delaware Valley MantaRays in week 1, and the D.C. Slayers in week 2, maybe the two weakest teams in the AMNRL. Week 3 the Axeman have to host the 2005 AMNRL Champions the Glen Mills Bulls. The Bulls will be traveling with a very tuff team, with anywhere from 20-25 players. They will then have to play a very improved Philly Fight team, and a New Jersey Sharks team who is coming off probably its most disappointed season in their history.

The Axeman could have 3 to 5 wins, that’s all I believe. They will not even be in the top 3 teams in their division. Then the playoffs are most likely going to see the Bulls, Wildcats, Raiders, Fight, Sharks, Knights, and Raiders.

The Axeman will have a solid team, because if they didn’t Spinner would not put them on the field. However, them coming into the league and being competitive with the top 7 teams, I don’t see it happening. However, in 3 short weeks we will start to find out first hand.

Tomahawk

Staff member
Phat Cat;

Yes you are right. the Cats won 1 in their first year. However, the compatision has only gotten better since then. The North Conference is very strong with Wildcats, Raiders, and Knights. All are proven teams.

The southern Converence now has the Bulls, Fight (which are only getting better each year), and the Sharks are coming off their most disappointing season. I think the Axemen are in the middle of the conference.

And when I go to Jacksonville in June I am definatly getting a shirt.

spinnerhowland

Juniors
I am humbled by the support for us. We have many obsticals many of which are finacial with all the travel but we are commited and all our players are up for any challenge. T-shirts will be available soon as we are having them printed. As for orders I am going to mail any out overseas by myself so we don't have to do the online thing but you will be able to get them.
As for the players, can you say "some ringers";-)

Play some footy

Juniors
War at the shore should be a cracker this year - looking forward to seeing all of the teams in the league together for another great event.

Hard to belive that after a few short years the league is over ten teams and goes from Boston to Florida!

It's only going to get better!

Tomahawk

Staff member
Play some footy;

You are 100% correct. 8 out of 10 people you told last year that the AMNRL would have a 3 new teams this year would tell you that you were dreamiming. And it is incrediable what Spinner has done in Florida.

I think the Florida region could have its own conference in 2 to 3 years. The you could have an AMNRL South. This could be what the AMNRL needs.

The comp. has only gotten better also. The Raiders gave the Wildcats a scare in the playoffs last year. The Knights have been getting better each year. New Haven and Boston should both have strong squads. And the Wildcats are always the favorite.

Then with the Bulls moving o the bottome conference only make Philly and New Jersey better. The Fight have been gettter better each year, making the playoff's last year. And he Sharks always play the Bulls tough.

We will see how the season starts to play out soon.