What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The foul stench that is Channel 9

QldRabbit

Juniors
Who out there is sick and tired of the pathetic NRL coverage that Channel Nine dishes up week in and week out. Okay lets start Friday night football delayed telecast. Can't even listen to it on the radio because of Nines right's to the game. Sunday football again delayed telecast or if you live in Brisbane it is always Bronco's V's etc. Two games a weekend! Compare that to Seven and Ten's coverage of AFL. Live games, broadcasting more games etc. No wonder AFL has a strong presence in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane. Now lets look at the Thursday night and Sunday footy shows. Thursday night same old stolen gags and washed up opions were been forced to digest for years! And Sterlo your an idiot. Sunday again same old crap except were forced to look at Gould and his opions according to Gould. NRL when it comes to negioating the TV and media rights to Rugby League give these gooses the punt, there nothing but a pack of ..............! Bring back Saturday League on the ABC!

izzo

Juniors
100% Agreed...Hopefully what Hadley said was true that Fatty is going to the axe and Matty Johns takes over...Gould is a joke, he thinks that Rugby League revolves around him and he has made a mini of himself known as Ricky Stuart...Sterlos the biggest goose in the world...The most annoying thing is Channel 9 can broadcast BOTH Games Live....

Southernsaint

Staff member
QldRabbit said:
Hopefully he will get punted, justice for sticking the knife into Hadley and Blocker.

GAWD, Hadley the "victim"?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers,
Ben S.

DIEHARD

----
Don't take sides, they all are nevilles. Except for Matty.

Ch 9 and our TV and radio rights are a schmozel, the most damaging issue facing our game.

We need Saturday NRL. We need LIVE games. We need national coverage. Origins, finals and tests need immediate starts nationally, no questions. Melbourne need to see the Storm like Brisbane see the Lions and Broncos every week. Cowboys should be shown on WIN, even if it is a delayed telecast after a LIVE one on FOX SPORTS.

The FOOTY SHOW needs to be shut down and overhauled. It has turned into some sort of mutated HEY HEY ITS SATURDAY crossbred load of crap. They never talk football. And don't tell me the Thursday show is for entertainment and Sunday is for football. The AFL manage to have a show that is both entertaining and informative (if you consider AFL a sport). Get rid of Fatty is he is a lame duck, am unconvincing rip off of Benny Hill. They need to focus more on other states other than NSW and other competitions like the QLD CUP and international RL. I want to see a British Super League wrap and highlights from other events overseas. We need some real QLDers on the panel, Fatty doesn't count.

We need to get rid of 2GB and offer non exclusive rights.

DIEHARD

----
Actually we need to get rid of Ch 9 entirely. They don't consider our interests and are quite happy to continue to suffocate the code that made them into the successful network that they are. We need to ditch them, we can't stay with a network that wants to juggle code's to maximise ratings.

BYE BYE CH 9

rabs

Staff member
so there's a whisper that fatty is going?, well it's about time this insincere cliche babbling fool got the chop

Here's something to consider when it comes to switching broadcast partners. Channel 10 picked up the rights to Formula 1 after channel 9 either failed to secure or discarded the program entirely and 10 aren't not doing a much better job at it. No qualifying rounds, minimal live coverage, but they do seem to have less ad breaks and better local commentary.

axl rose

Bench
izzo said:
100% Agreed...Hopefully what Hadley said was true that Fatty is going to the axe and Matty Johns takes over...

Whats this? i missed it. That would be great news. They punted Blocka and he was the only one with a half decent personality.

Did anyone catch The Panel Wednesday night? my friend told me they showed a framed picture to celebrate Warnes World record and they had a picture of the Price is Right in it instead :lol:

In case you missed it, Ch 9 were showing the cricket and warne was going for the record and the aussies for a win and then they cut to The Price is Right. How long till this happens in a league game which has gone into extra time for example. Just a matter of time, you'll see.

izzo

Juniors
axl rose said:
izzo said:
100% Agreed...Hopefully what Hadley said was true that Fatty is going to the axe and Matty Johns takes over...

Whats this? i missed it. That would be great news. They punted Blocka and he was the only one with a half decent personality.

Did anyone catch The Panel Wednesday night? my friend told me they showed a framed picture to celebrate Warnes World record and they had a picture of the Price is Right in it instead :lol:

In case you missed it, Ch 9 were showing the cricket and warne was going for the record and the aussies for a win and then they cut to The Price is Right. How long till this happens in a league game which has gone into extra time for example. Just a matter of time, you'll see.

yer...hadley doesnt have the balls to say it directly but he wrote a little song which stated that Matthew Johns will take over as host...and yes Channel 9 stuffed up with the Price is Right hhaha

swing_low

Juniors
Saturday arvo footy was the best. The abc commentators actually wernt biased and knew wat they were on about. It died a few years ago when every saturday it was melbourne playing at 3pm. There were a lot of classic sat arvo games like souths v st george at the scg in 1999, caruanas try etc.. Only good thing about channel 9 rugby league is bootz and all!

axl rose

Bench
izzo said:
axl rose said:
izzo said:

yer...hadley doesnt have the balls to say it directly but he wrote a little song which stated that Matthew Johns will take over as host...and yes Channel 9 stuffed up with the Price is Right hhaha

It is getting a little crowded at 9, with A Johns to come in as well. Someone will have to make way.

QldRabbit

Juniors
Sterlo can get a job on "The Muppert Show" and Fools Gould can be one of the grumpy old men in the balcony. Its funny how if anyone has a different opion to the Three stooges they imediately get the flick.

axl rose

Bench
salivor said:
nospam49 said:
Is it just me....or is Voss getting alot of weird looks when he's on the Sunday Footy Show these days from Fatty and Gould?

Not just you.

Well he use to just come on for Around the Grounds, now he's on the panel they really dont seem to be happy about it. Scared of someone with intelligence i guess.