What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Foundation Cup

P.J.

Juniors
I had an idea, I thought it would be good if Souths, Roosters and Wests Tigers introduced the Foundation Cup.

When these 3 teams play (all twice this year) normal season games, their points are added to a Foundation Cup table. Whoever wins the most games at the end, is the Foundation Cup Champion. They could have all chipped in for a Trophy, and the crowds ( i think) would be larger than normal for these games, if we could replicate a Charity Sheild type feeling to it.

Apparently it would be in breach, because the NRL and their teams cannot create another competition using Telstra Cup games.

Now I know that the Roosters would probably win it for some time, but it would be cool to do. And with us, the Roosters and West Tigers the last remaining Foundation Clubs, it's another part of history, that can be a part of the future.

It's a shame, I think it would have been a money spinner.

What do you guys think? Would Souths fans be behind this idea?

Bluebag

Juniors
PJ it is already in the planning but only includes foundation clubs not merged ones it has already been registered even we are on to it.

Bananabender

Juniors
I think it sounds like a good idea too..be good to see the Tigers and Wests alone in this type of set-up though.