What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Fullback

The Doc

Juniors
There was a rumour circulating that we were after a fullback hence wanting to shift Dugan to the centres.
I can now tell you who the fullback is.
We have had chats with Hayne...
If Widdop is not resigned and Dugan accepts the money on offer then its Hayne we are looking at for the fullback position.
Yes yes its all just hear say at the moment... nothing to suggest its for sure....
Its just a little whisper i had dropped in front of me
And sorry, but as im saying its just a rumour atm i wont be dropping who the source is that mentioned that, hope u boys can respect that.
It was even mentioned that Hayne might be released before june 30 and if we land him Widdop will also be free to leave as he has some interest in him (ESL).
Again, nothing 100%, but its obviously been spoken about within the club (maybe in depth maybe only briefly) but non the less spoken about.
Just letting u boys know.

The Doc

Juniors
His a terrible human being... but on his day he is a great footballer.
I like the guy as a footy player... but IF he signs it means we lose Milne...
That aspect im not happy with.
Id rather Duges stay at FB, Milne in the centres this year... and Mann either in the halves or replacing Nighty.
Field and Dufty havnt shown enough yet to warrant being demanded a spot in first grade so just basing my opinion on current form as if now.
Milne is an absolute beast. I watched the NSW cup last weekend and he is an animal.
We all know what Mann brings also.
And these 2 are youngsters with many years of great service to offer.
Tricky situation if it is indeed true about Hayne.

mickeylane

Bench
Hayne is a troubled soul - a great player but he's got the Mundine bug where he wants to be a multi talented sportsman - plus i think his heart still at Parra..Would only be coming to us as he wants to be back in Sydney..Id rather throw $1.2M a season to Tedesco and get his signature..
4 years $5M

SBD82

Coach
Hayne is a troubled soul - a great player but he's got the Mundine bug where he wants to be a multi talented sportsman - plus i think his heart still at Parra..Would only be coming to us as he wants to be back in Sydney..Id rather throw $1.2M a season to Tedesco and get his signature..
4 years $5M
I'd rather tedesco too, and I'd rather Cronk at 7, thurston at 6 and smith at 9.

The difference is that hayne may be available. I know teddy is off contract, but I can't really see him leaving the tigers.

SBD82

Coach
Id rather Duges stay at FB, Milne in the centres this year... and Mann either in the halves or replacing Nighty.
Field and Dufty havnt shown enough yet to warrant being demanded a spot in first grade so just basing my opinion on current form as if now.
Milne is an absolute beast. I watched the NSW cup last weekend and he is an animal.
You're right, losing Milne would be a travesty. Really disappointed that he's not playing firsts. Really thought he was the form centre at the club leading up to this season. I think we will lose him regardless. I can't see a player of his calibre being left to rot in reserves for too long. Someone else will use him if we don't.

Regarding hayne, I don't really see what makes him such a terrible human. The guy is a professional athlete. Made it to the NFL, which is a massive achievement for a guy that went at the age he did.

He seeks glory. I want that from every player in our squad.

Reactions: Qdf

SEAT 1A

Bench

Great post The Doc and thanks for the info.

I'm on the pro keep and promote within camp.

Hayne can continue with whatever he want's without the Dragons involved. I think there is to much "ME" and not so much "OTHERS" in the Hayne train.

Old Timer

Coach
I simply cant believe the attraction with Hayne.
Like Benji his best was long ago.
He can still do something quite brilliant now and then but does some individually dumb things and has a lot of downside in between those brilliant moments.
Not consistent in anything he does on or off the field.
Plus he is a dope, doesn't know who is friends really are so that makes him an individual and that is exactly what we don't need at our club.
Boy the star surrounding Dufty certainly has wained and how fickle this place really astounds me.

Dragsters

First Grade
I'm not convinced we need his issues or even another big signing at this stage

Let's give Dufty a decent crack once he is fully fit.

If Hunt was keen to know who our juniors were and he thinks Field could be a good halves partner then he needs a run at 6 at some point otherwise I would be shopping for a 6 before a 1 like Hayne.

SBD82

Coach
Yep I'm sure St Helens would love to have him as well.
The he can try out for Arse N All while he's at it.
Yes. I'm sure St Helens would love to have a player of his calibre. An excellent point.

Forgive my ignorance, what's arse n all?

Latest posts