What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Fullback

The Doc

Juniors
Not chasing champion... they had talks.
I was with my mate last night... the inside man so to speak, he said we had 2 chats with Haynes team.
1st to see if he is available/interested... and second gauging the price he was after.
My mate says the club bulked at his asking price apparently... 1.2 million.
He is pretty sure Dugan will stay (he isnt involved in the negotiations) just from the vibe of those involved.
He reckons Dufty will be given a big push at FB and if duges stays he will play centre.
His tip is that if Dufty handles FB while duges is playing SOO then Duges will return to playing centre and Dufty will stay FB.
Off course all this is just his opinion... from the vibes he gets and certain things he has heard spoken about.
Time will tell.
When i asked about Tedesco he laughed and said mate good luck trying to get him away from the tigers.
Other then that i cant really pass on any info sorry champion

saint16

Juniors
I was with my mate last night... the inside man so to speak, he said we had 2 chats with Haynes team.
1st to see if he is available/interested... and second gauging the price he was after.
He is pretty sure Dugan will stay (he isnt involved in the negotiations) just from the vibe of those involved.
He reckons Dufty will be given a big push at FB and if duges stays he will play centre.
His tip is that if Dufty handles FB while duges is playing SOO then Duges will return to playing centre and Dufty will stay FB.
Off course all this is just his opinion... from the vibes he gets and certain things he has heard spoken about.
Time will tell.
When i asked about Tedesco he laughed and said mate good luck trying to get him away from the tigers.
Other then that i cant really pass on any info sorry champion[/QUOTE

The Doc

Juniors
Same to you, mate. I look forward to more of your imaginary inside information.
I'll do my best to make up some ripper sh!t just for you champ.
Give me a couple of days and ill come up with some made up beauties for ya.
I mean, we gotta keep the negative w@nkers like yourself happy :).
Who knows, maybe your source at the telecrap might contribute some info for you in the mean time to keep you happy and occupied.
Gotta love the envious...Haters gunna hate.... keep on hating champ ;-)

giboz71

First Grade
All this talk of $1m fullbacks.

Al this while an 83kg lightweight in Bevan French made us look like fools yesterday. He's be lucky to be on $150k.

Honestly, if we just spent a bit of time with Dufty and Field and use them like the Eels use French, with Hunt pulling the strings, that's the way we should be headed.

For whatever reason, we're obsessed with 100kg fullbacks.

Red V for life

Juniors
Time will tell.
Other then that i cant really pass on any info sorry champion
Doc, I hope your mate's picked up on the right vibe re: Dugan.

If the club has set a deadline of the end of this week to sign on as reported on Foxsports late last week, I am not confident...even less so after yesterday.

The Doc

Juniors
Doc, I hope your mate's picked up on the right vibe re: Dugan.

If the club has set a deadline of the end of this week to sign on as reported on Foxsports late last week, I am not confident...even less so after yesterday.
I dont go by what the media reports. It was reported that Dugan wanted his contract sorted before round 1.
Then there was an apparent deadline for before week 2.
Now its before week 3.
The media need the stories for people to buy into (yes thats a dig at bring the noise and his media sources ).
Id much rather go off what people have heard from within the club to be honest.
Like its been said, things do change last minute... but you get a better understanding of where its at when its from people from within.
Duges will have to take less, and saints will have to pay a bit more, but the vibe is its not "not do-able".
Look at hasler with the dogs... all the media reports him saying he is in negotiations for a extension.
He said so himself... so did the club... yet last year there was a report he needs a top 4 finish to save his job there.
He has now said he is in talks to stay 2 more years...
What if they loose the next 2 or 3 games?
Things change last minute.
Some on here are total morons... they make stupid people look smart... they think everything must be as is said and no changes can happen.
A week is a long time in football as they say.
Things change.
If duges plays like he did last week for the next 10 weeks he will be worth 1.1 million.
If he plays like he did yesterday he will be worth 550k max....
Its called going with the flow...
But at the moment... i can tell you from i have been told... the vibe about duges is all good.

Walpole

Juniors
Haha, Hayne.

He's added a lot to the Gold Coast team. 9-9-1 record when he arrived last year, 2-6 since with him in the team.

Let's make him captain/coach too.

The Doc

Juniors
Ok I'll bite. When have I EVER claimed to have "media sources"?

This will be interesting.
The same time i apparently bombarded this thread with "i dont care if you dont believe me".
You dont like people putting words in your mouth?
Then dont put words in peoples mouths.
Now off you go... go read your telecrap and get some scoops.

grouch

First Grade
So Doc, now we're after Milford AND Hayne before June 30 ?

Gee the club can really do better than that. I mean, why not trade out Jake Marketo for Sonny Bill Williams and nail the trifecta?

The Doc

Juniors
Who said anything about Milford? You aimed that at me so i will ask directly, when have i mentioned milford?
You claim your a lawyer? Back your claim!!!
If this was a court the judge would laugh in your face and de register you from the law society!!!
Typical lawyer... talking sh!t...
And whats wrong with the club "enquiring" about Hayne?
If Dugan wants 1.1 million... why wouldnt the club look at alternatives?
Everyone bags dugan he cant pass...
Hayne can. So the club enquired.
Im not saying to take Hayne over Dugan, no chance, but the club enquired.
Dammed if they do... Dammed if they dont.
We got the most f#cked up fans.
No wonder the club blocks its fans... most are total f#cking morons.
You guys look for any little thing to whinge, sook, and run to get the razor blades over.
Bag the club where it needs to be bagged...
Dont sit there and talk sh!t about things that no one has mentioned just to bag the club.

grouch

First Grade
Ok I was mistaken about Milford - it was Ben Hunt you claimed we'd swap for Shaun Nona before June 30. Lolz. I was close at least.

You're mistaken about me claiming to be a lawyer though. Not close.

Your nonsense is still hilarious

possm

Coach
We need to trial Dufty / Field at fullback while all of this rubbish is going on. At least in this way we will know if they are ready for fullback at first grade level.

I mean no one would have thought Bird was ready for first grade let alone SOO until he was selected and performed. I say give the youngsters a chance to prove themselves ready.

With Dugan at right centre, Mann at 6 and Field / Dufty at 1, the team can easily be re-shuffled during a game if things go wrong.

Last edited:

since77

Juniors
So Doc, now we're after Milford AND Hayne before June 30 ?

Gee the club can really do better than that. I mean, why not trade out Jake Marketo for Sonny Bill Williams and nail the trifecta?

To be fair to the Doc, the physio team haven't heard about Sonny Bill yet ;)