What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Fullback

The Doc

Juniors
Ok I was mistaken about Milford - it was Ben Hunt you claimed we'd swap for Shaun Nona before June 30. Lolz. I was close at least.

You're mistaken about me claiming to be a lawyer though. Not close.

Your nonsense is still hilarious
Stupid... i never once claimed we "would" swap... i said it was a possibility.
Again... another moron twisting shit to suite there negative "slit my wrists" view.
First you say milford... then you say i said it "would" happen...
The shit some on here come up with is quiet amusing...
Good try though... but you'll need to step up your game a few levels to try talk shit about what i apparently said.

BringTheNoise

Juniors
The same time i apparently bombarded this thread with "i dont care if you dont believe me".
You dont like people putting words in your mouth?
Then dont put words in peoples mouths.
Now off you go... go read your telecrap and get some scoops.

Surprise surprise, more utter nonsense.

Let me know when some of your "inside information" actually amounts to something. So far your strike rate remains at zero.

since77

Juniors
I mean no one would have thought Bird was ready for first grade let alone SOO until he was selected and performed.

Plenty of people knew Bird was ready for first grade. As a rookie, he was as close to a sure bet as they come. More importantly Bird knew he was ready - he left because he knew he was no chance at getting a spot here until he'd endured Mc Gregor's completely f*@ked up approach to bring young talent through.

The Doc

Juniors
Surprise surprise, more utter nonsense.

Let me know when some of your "inside information" actually amounts to something. So far your strike rate remains at zero.
Lol you moron... who said a couple of months before our juniors got re-signed that we are going back to the days of developing juniors?
Oh thats right... maybe it was a scoop from your mate at the telecrap.
And what exactly would you like to amount to something? The fact we spoke to Haynes team?
Wow... thats gunna make breaking news cause no other team in the NRL would have shown interest in Hayne.
Or the fact that a verbal agreement was reached with Hasler?
Key word being Verbal... i specifically said that i was told no contract was signed.
You jump on and attack someone for passing info he/she has heard...
Whats your contribution been?
Being a computer arm chair internet coach?
Bagging everything and anything to do with the team?
You wouldnt know your head from your ass when it comes to rugby league.
Many dont believe what iv been told.
They state so.
They dont act the hero and attack the person passing on info like a pu$$y on the keyboard.
Its keyboard pu$$ies like you that give all saints fans a bad image.
We lost last weekend... Mary is still coach... Doust is still CEO... Hasler hasnt signed yet... we paid overs for Hunt... we spoke to Haynes team...
Its all doom and gloom...
Do us all a favour and Go get the razors out champion...

Vinnie

Juniors
With Dugan at right centre, Mann at 6 and Field / Dufty at 1, the team can easily be re-shuffled during a game if things go wrong.

Agree but where u playing Widdop ??? seems to be one of the form player at the moment wouldnt be leaving him out and McCrone in.
All this player speculation and movements and talking to players and keeping juniors is great talking points but as we all know 3 doesn't go into 2 (figure of speech)
We hear Field is signed, Herbert and Garrick have been penciled in as part of 2018 and 2019 future and now Masters as well.
Mann, Milne, Nightingale, Dodd, Faifa Loa not resigned and no word on Dufty for the future i fear all of these players will be let go ...... mind you Milne, Mann and Dufty would be enormous losses
What a great problem to have such riches ..... Lets just transform it all to the paddock

possm

Coach
Simple, if we have the money, keep Milne, Mann, Field and Dufty and let some of the others go.

BringTheNoise

Juniors
Lol you moron... who said a couple of months before our juniors got re-signed that we are going back to the days of developing juniors?
Oh thats right... maybe it was a scoop from your mate at the telecrap.
And what exactly would you like to amount to something? The fact we spoke to Haynes team?
Wow... thats gunna make breaking news cause no other team in the NRL would have shown interest in Hayne.
Or the fact that a verbal agreement was reached with Hasler?
Key word being Verbal... i specifically said that i was told no contract was signed.
You jump on and attack someone for passing info he/she has heard...
Whats your contribution been?
Being a computer arm chair internet coach?
Bagging everything and anything to do with the team?
You wouldnt know your head from your ass when it comes to rugby league.
Many dont believe what iv been told.
They state so.
They dont act the hero and attack the person passing on info like a pu$$y on the keyboard.
Its keyboard pu$$ies like you that give all saints fans a bad image.
We lost last weekend... Mary is still coach... Doust is still CEO... Hasler hasnt signed yet... we paid overs for Hunt... we spoke to Haynes team...
Its all doom and gloom...
Do us all a favour and Go get the razors out champion...

*yawn*

Vinnie

Juniors
Simple, if we have the money, keep Milne, Mann, Field and Dufty and let some of the others go

Good in theory but will they stay ..... Dugan will be a centre or fullback (the big money we will spend on him will dictate that he plays) McDonald has one wing spot, Hunt will be Halfback. If widdop stays i would say he will be 5/8. So we have wing, centre/fullback, centre positions to cover .... We have Aitken (I feel he has the inside running on history so far) Mann, Milne, Field, Dufty, Nightingale, Masters, Herbet, Garrick. That 9 players for 3 positions. Can't see some of those good players staying knowing the chance of playing 1st Grade could be slim.
Still good problems to have though.

possm

Coach
If Widdop leaves, there should be enough cap left to keep Milne and Mann. Aitken to Illawarra and then to the second row or bench.

The Doc

Juniors
If Widdop leaves, there should be enough cap left to keep Milne and Mann. Aitken to Illawarra and then to the second row or bench.
The problem isnt having the money... the problem is will these players stay if they arent given an opportunity??

Vinnie

Juniors
The problem isnt having the money... the problem is will these players stay if they arent given an opportunity??

Doc that's exactly what im saying ... I'd love to keep them all but will they stay to play as No 18 or for Illawarra ???

Mann and Milne will attract offers and will probably go as will our young ones and become stars elsewhere ala Bird !!!!

We need to identify who we want to keep give them their positions give them an opportunity. This Dugan bullshit saga must stop is he a centre or isnt he ??? will he like it or not ??? Give him the ultimatum and the conditions and sign him or let him go !! So we can get on with retaining who we need !!! Don't let him dictate and or hold off on everything and everyone until he is ready ! Cause at the end of the day we are going to lose great quality players !!

The Doc

Juniors

Doc that's exactly what im saying ... I'd love to keep them all but will they stay to play as No 18 or for Illawarra ???

Mann and Milne will attract offers and will probably go as will our young ones and become stars elsewhere ala Bird !!!!

We need to identify who we want to keep give them their positions give them an opportunity. This Dugan bullshit saga must stop is he a centre or isnt he ??? will he like it or not ??? Give him the ultimatum and the conditions and sign him or let him go !! So we can get on with retaining who we need !!! Don't let him dictate and or hold off on everything and everyone until he is ready ! Cause at the end of the day we are going to lose great quality players !!
Agree 100%

possm

Coach
Obviously they'll stay if Lafai, McCrone, Widdop and Nightingale do not receive contract extensions.
Mann - 6, 2, 4, 7, 1, bench utility
Milne - Centre 3, 4

I'm confident the above two players will be regular selections in our 17 for most of the season.

Carlton

Juniors

I'm not blaming Dugan for this not being sorted. It is squarely with the club, make your call what the roster is and take the necessary action to finalise it. Dugan is a key signing and I'd love him to stay. The question is where does the club want him to play, what are their plans for other positions, and then its either he stays or he goes. But it needs to get done and then play players where you have planned for them now.

possm

Coach
I'm not blaming Dugan for this not being sorted. It is squarely with the club, make your call what the roster is and take the necessary action to finalise it. Dugan is a key signing and I'd love him to stay. The question is where does the club want him to play, what are their plans for other positions, and then its either he stays or he goes. But it needs to get done and then play players where you have planned for them now.
The problem is that Dugan wants fullback money and the Club wants to play him at centre on top centre's money - about 400k less than he is asking. So either Dugan accepts that the Dragons see him as a centre or not.

Even if you believe he is playing well as a fullback right now, it may be the Club has other plans for the fullback position and do not want to invest the big bucks in Dugan.

Carlton

Juniors
The problem is that Dugan wants fullback money and the Club wants to play him at centre on top centre's money - about 400k less than he is asking. So either Dugan accepts that the Dragons see him as a centre or not.

Even if you believe he is playing well as a fullback right now, it may be the Club has other plans for the fullback position and do not want to invest the big bucks in Dugan.

I agree Possm, what I am saying is the club needs to resolve this sooner rather than later as it so critical to the make up of the team and any recruitment that may be needed.

The Doc

Juniors
Obviously they'll stay if Lafai, McCrone, Widdop and Nightingale do not receive contract extensions.
Mann - 6, 2, 4, 7, 1, bench utility
Milne - Centre 3, 4

I'm confident the above two players will be regular selections in our 17 for most of the season.
Mate... i dont know...
Saying "obviously they will stay" despite the way they have been treated is a big call.
Regardless of who we resign... Mann was our top tryscorer last year, im sure he wouldv expected a little better treatment to start the year off.
And Milne took over from a shit Lafai and killed it yet is being overlooked again for that very same shit player that he replaced and played better then last year.
I just dont see it being as straight forward as you do.
Maybe if Mary grows a pair and plays them from now and gives them a proper run this year they may just see a future in the red V.
All depends on Mary.
But i agree 100% Milne and Mann should be priority signings.
Do what is needed to make them happy now in order to get them to commit long term.

Coffs dragon

Bench
I think both Mann & Milne will wait to see whom is coach at the Dragons 2018 before they re-sign. If it was McDipshit then I expect them to leave. Time will tell!

SEAT 1A

Bench
But i agree 100% Milne and Mann should be priority signings.
Do what is needed to make them happy now in order to get them to commit long term.

Either for this year or for the future if Mary's the coach, I can't see him doing it or being made to do it.