What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Ginger Ninja

kdalymc

Bench
Was he always like that?
my mate is a reporter, he said to me
"I'm good mates with Wigan coach Shaun Wane and Garry Connolly. I asked both blokes about him and they said he was no trouble at all when he went over there after the Bulldogs.

I have no idea where the wheels fell off?"

so yeah maybe come home, started being a sparky and got on the sweet puff

my mate is a reporter, he said to me
"I'm good mates with Wigan coach Shaun Wane and Garry Connolly. I asked both blokes about him and they said he was no trouble at all when he went over there after the Bulldogs.

I have no idea where the wheels fell off?"

so yeah maybe come home, started being a sparky and got on the sweet puff

Yeh right. Well I know journos read this forum so maybe one of them can use their powers for good and get to the bottom of it

DeeJ

Bench
This is my favourite I think.
SBW, John Ibrahim,mind control, & shemales.

I'll help decrypt some of this. The shemale refers to John Ibrahim, due to his unusual appearance thanks to plastic surgery. I'm not sure about the rest though.

firechild

First Grade
The bloke's from QLD, is anyone really surprised by any of his behaviour? Incoherent ramblings, generally unacceptable public behaviour and generally being a useless merkin. Par for the course really.

kdalymc

Bench
there are more recent reports but they all paid subscriptions, found this a while back, said hes been done for theft 10 times in 12 months or some shit...
anyone else seen any updates?

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
there are more recent reports but they all paid subscriptions, found this a while back, said hes been done for theft 10 times in 12 months or some shit...
anyone else seen any updates?
From May 1, 2019:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...cused-stealing-month-nicked-board-shorts.html

Disgraced NRL legend Brett Dallas has been accused of stealing just a month after he was sentenced for shoplifting board shorts.

Dallas, 44, was allegedly caught stealing in the Queensland suburb of Richmond in North Mackay on April 4, according to the Courier Mail.

It is not clear what he is accused of taking.

The fallen star had a million-dollar contract at the peak of his career but now reportedly lives off $150 a week and couch surfs with family and friends.

Dallas asked for the new case to be adjourned to May 20 to seek legal advice when he appeared in Mackay Magistrates Court this week.

It is the third time he has faced the same court in two months.

He previously pleaded guilty to stealing four pairs of board shorts, an SD card and a phone charger, for which he was fined $600 and ordered to pay $129.94 on March 28.

He was fined $450 and ordered to pay $516.70 for stealing and unauthorised dealing with shop goods in the first of the three cases in March.

The court heard how Dallas is now living on $150 a week and is sleeping at a friend's house after being kicked out of his girlfriend's home.

Prosecutor Brandon Selic told the court that Dallas stole the shorts because 'people kept stealing his', according to the Daily Mercury.

'He did not have the money to pay for them,' Mr Selic said.

'He was not going to go to his parents for help because he wanted to be able to work his life out on his own.'

No convictions have been recorded against Dallas despite the multiple fines.

Dallas retired in 2007 before he parted with his then-wife Sally with whom he has a daughter named Ava with.

Dallas shot to stardom at 18 when he became Queenland's youngest State of Origin player after breaking into the Canterbury Bulldogs team.

He moved to the North Sydney Bears and spent the latter half of his club career with English club Wigan.

He had represented Australia in the World Cup in 1995.

He also made headlines when he was awarded the Buttercup Sprint Challenge at Botany in early 1993.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Latest news article I could find. Probably not sentenced yet.

Surely he couldve flogged something easier than a coffee table?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...il-faces-10th-stealing-offence-12-months.html

The sad demise of an NRL legend: Footy star who once had a million-dollar contract and played for Australia is now on Centrelink and facing time behind bars over his 10th stealing offence in 12 months
  • Former NRL star Brett Dallas has been threatened with jail time for stealing
  • The 45-year-old appeared in court for his 10th offence in less than one year
  • Magistrate adjourned the case so Dallas would book counselling appointment

By ZOE ZACZEK FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA

PUBLISHED: 11:41 AEDT, 25 January 2020 | UPDATED: 11:48 AEDT, 25 January 2020

An NRL star who was once on a seven-figure salary has been threatened with jail time over a string of petty thefts.

Brett Dallas, 45, appeared in Queensland's Mackay Magistrates Court for his 10th stealing offence in less than one year.

The fallen star - who was known for his speed while playing as a winger for the Canterbury Bulldogs and North Sydney Bears in the 1990s before moving to the UK to continue playing - had a million-dollar contract at the peak of his career.

Dallas has pleaded guilty to three charges which included the theft of a $690 coffee table from a furniture franchise in November last year, Daily Mercury reported.

23844260-7927095-image-a-18_1579911646143.jpg

+3
Brett Dallas (pictured in 2004), 45, appeared in Queensland's Mackay Magistrates Court for his 10th stealing offence in less than one year

The court heard Dallas told police he took the table for money.

Magistrate Damien Dwyer warned the 45-year-old former star 'enough is enough' and something needed to change.

'The last thing this community or anybody wants is for you to go to prison,' Magistrate Dwyer said.

Legal Aid Queensland solicitor Rosie Varley proposed community service or probation but the magistrate said he was considering jail time.

'Unless you can show me that the community is safe. This is your 10th [stealing offence] in less than 12 months,' Magistrate Dwyer said.

Ms Varley told the court the former NRL star was a single father-of-three, who had no contact with his eldest children but some with his youngest, a nine-month-old.

Dallas has been receiving Centerlink's disability pension for the last 12 months, she said.

Dallas, who is not yet undertaking counselling, told the court he would be willing to seek the service.

23844254-7927095-image-a-19_1579911655400.jpg

+3
The fallen star - who was known for his speed while playing for the Canterbury Bulldogs and North Sydney Bears in the NRL - had a million-dollar contract at the peak of his career. Dallas is pictured during a QLD Maroons training session in 1995

Magistrate Dwyer decided to adjourn the case so Dallas would book an appointment with Lives Lived Well.

'I want you to be clear that whether or not I impose a prison sentence … if you co-operate with Lives Lived Well and go through their counselling service, well there's every reason that I won't go ahead with that,' he said.

The case will return to court on January 29 for mention.

Dallas shot to stardom at 18 when he became Queenland's youngest State of Origin player after breaking into the Canterbury Bulldogs team.

He moved to the North Sydney Bears and spent the latter half of his club career with English club Wigan.

He had represented Australia in the World Cup in 1995.

He also made headlines when he was awarded the Buttercup Sprint Challenge at Botany in early 1993.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...il-faces-10th-stealing-offence-12-months.html