What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The glorious PC master race

I have recently ascended into the higher echelons

Had a Intel 5820k@3.3ghz and with the GTX980 that has a white light dragon on it

I overclocked to 4.5ghz with a max temp of 75 and a voltage of 1.29

Bunged in an MSI GTX1080 ti duke and clocked that son of a bitch to 1800mhz or 2000mhz with boost on from a base of 1400-1600mhz

Anyone else got a rig that can run 4k@60fps and 40 inches on crysis?

___

Juniors
I have recently ascended into the higher echelons

Had a Intel 5820k@3.3ghz and with the GTX980 that has a white light dragon on it

I overclocked to 4.5ghz with a max temp of 75 and a voltage of 1.29

Bunged in an MSI GTX1080 ti duke and clocked that son of a bitch to 1800mhz or 2000mhz with boost on from a base of 1400-1600mhz

Anyone else got a rig that can run 4k@60fps and 40 inches on crysis?
Why go to the effort of getting 60fps when the human eye can only process 27.97?

perverse

Referee
Why go to the effort of getting 60fps when the human eye can only process 27.97?
27.97 is the minimum framerate required for the human eye to perceive "fluid" motion. Anything much below that will feel stuttery. It is nowhere near the maximum that can be perceived. 60 isn't even the maximum. Not really going to discuss it further because it feels like bait, look it up.

To answer OP - I personally prefer 1440p@100+ fps, which my GTX 1080 deals with admirably. 4k, while pretty, is too many pixels to push to get where I want to be with my monitor refresh rate.

27.97 is the minimum framerate required for the human eye to perceive "fluid" motion. Anything much below that will feel stuttery. It is nowhere near the maximum that can be perceived. 60 isn't even the maximum. Not really going to discuss it further because it feels like bait, look it up.

To answer OP - I personally prefer 1440p@100+ fps, which my GTX 1080 deals with admirably. 4k, while pretty, is too many pixels to push to get where I want to be with my monitor refresh rate.
Obviously a console peasant

I put my eggs in the 4k basket but 1440p with over 100 frames is killer,i pulled the trigger on a Phillips BDM4065UC because before it came 60fps @1080p on a hisense tv, i pulled the trigger a month to early too because Phillips brought out the same monitor with HDMI 2, instead i must run on displayport or 30fps is capped

Considering getting the happy medium which is the predator monitor which allows 4k with gsync up to 100mhz

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Obviously a console peasant

I put my eggs in the 4k basket but 1440p with over 100 frames is killer,i pulled the trigger on a Phillips BDM4065UC because before it came 60fps @1080p on a hisense tv, i pulled the trigger a month to early too because Phillips brought out the same monitor with HDMI 2, instead i must run on displayport or 30fps is capped

Considering getting the happy medium which is the predator monitor which allows 4k with gsync up to 100mhz
Why would a non-peasant buy a GTX 980 over a GTX 1080?

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Hmmm, maybe they suck with money and can only dream of a proper rig

Why buy a gtx1080 when the gtx1080ti is out?
Why would you buy a 1080ti when 2x1080's at pretty much the same price gives much better performance?

Geez and you think you're a member of the master race.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Damn you guys, arguing over 1080's and I'm over here still rocking my gtx 770
I have a GTX970 and the last time I played a game on my PC was probably a year ago. I just find it hilarious how people feel the need to brag about their PC. Who actually gives a shit? Like being able to run your grass settings at ultra versus high actually makes a notable difference.

billygilmore

Juniors
I have a GTX970 and the last time I played a game on my PC was probably a year ago. I just find it hilarious how people feel the need to brag about their PC. Who actually gives a shit? Like being able to run your grass settings at ultra versus high actually makes a notable difference.

Yeah my old 770 still holds up ok, still run most games at a solid 60fps with a few tweaks

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
Also at the time of purchase gtx1080 was minimum $800 while i paid $1150
Sounds like you're an idiot then.

Learnt my lesson a long time ago when I paid 800 for a Radeon x800pro and two months later it was 550. Then another 2 months later it was 400.

Fool and his money soon parted for ewank bullshit.

Sounds like you're an idiot then.

Learnt my lesson a long time ago when I paid 800 for a Radeon x800pro and two months later it was 550. Then another 2 months later it was 400.

Fool and his money soon parted for ewank bullshit.

I actually have been working on this pc for Star Citizen which has been the game of my dreams since i first played wing commandeer privateer back in the day

I legitimately had a tear in my eye watching the ship I'm lusting after go from base to base and into the atmospheric headers of a random world

I legitimately squeeled seeing the same ship hotdogging outside the base on the f**king planet

Within a system theres no loading screens and between systems it's well hidden

For a game like that i need more grunt than Ms Sims of the sharks fame, i imagine her to be quiet grunty

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
I dont play space sims
Just think it's very amusing you contributed to sc along with all the other morons.
151mill and counting for a game that hasn't made it out of alpha. Now they're changing engines because they've taken so long to release it the original engine they created it on is antiquated.

A bigger budget than most A list titles and movies.... but sure keep giving your money to the biggest white elephant in gaming history

I dont play space sims
Just think it's very amusing you contributed to sc along with all the other morons.
151mill and counting for a game that hasn't made it out of alpha. Now they're changing engines because they've taken so long to release it the original engine they created it on is antiquated.

A bigger budget than most A list titles and movies.... but sure keep giving your money to the biggest white elephant in gaming history
Changing engines from cryengine to lumberyard.... the sky is falling

Lumberyard is cryengine with f**king netcode for online play, furthermore the game will utilize the Amazon cloud for online play, win f**king win

The development is more open for perusal than anything on the face of the planet, go see the bugs they're ironing the f**kers out before your very eyes I the YouTube series bug smashers

You've obviously done about one second of research on the project through the eyes of geniuss, congratulations you're not even your own genius, you're a genius from a long line of geniuss

It's been in development as long as most major titles like GTA5 and yes it's likely to hit between december next year and July 2019, unlike GTA5 though it's online mode will have substance

It'll hit before winds of winter or half life 3

Latest posts