What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Great Grand Final Heist

Hey guys,

I got the book 'The Great Grand Final Heist' by Ian Heads for Christmas. Whilst the Title makes you think the whole book is centered around the 1969 Grand Final, thats really only a small part. Its basically about Rugby League in the 60s and is a great read. Whilst Balmain are the main focus there's still a lot about the Legendary Rabbits side of that time that dominated the late 60s, early 70s.

For someone like me who can remember league when it wasnt professional it was a real throw back to those times. Talking about how players worked full time and the extremely strong bush footy which today is sadly non existent.

Its something that I believe any rugby league fan, and particuarly Tigers and Rabbits fans, would enjoy.

Ended up buying this book for my old man. Should get his hands on it tomorrow I reckon. Will be interested to hear what he has to say.