What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The grub of a human doesnt even bother trying to hide it.

Storm skipper Cameron Smith said he was surprised by the referees’ application of the 10-metre rule.

“They were into us with the 10 metres and leaving (the line) early,” he said.

“I don’t know if they are cracking down on that, it wasn’t something I felt I did differently to any other game this year.

taipan

Referee
I stood back10 metres from this thread to gain a true perspective, and it's still boring as bat sh*t.

You havent been watching the Storm then the last few weeks or listening to the coaches repeated sprays at the way they cheat, & the way the refs let them get away with it.
Their in game cheating is the biggest blight on the game. They are not that good.

Card Shark

Immortal
They are that good.

They play the rules as they are policed.

It's up to other teams to combat that & not many can.

Griffoshark66

First Grade
Cameron Smith is the best player in the game. He is a master manipulator, and as such, gets away with so much more than any other individual. Cardy is right. The storm play the way the NRL allows them to. I f**king hate them and hope we are the ones to rob them of a premiership that is theirs to lose.

Cameron Smith is the best player in the game. He is a master manipulator, and as such, gets away with so much more than any other individual. Cardy is right. The storm play the way the NRL allows them to. I f**king hate them and hope we are the ones to rob them of a premiership that is theirs to lose.
A forward pass, is a forward pass. its not manipulation.
Laying on a tackled player for 5 seconds is not allowed, even in a dominant tackle & is a straight up penalty, the same as the other side that lays on for 2 seconds gets penalised for.
Hands all over the ball in the ruck slowing the play the ball is a penalty, not a knock on by the attacking team who have it dislodged trying to play the ball.
Like Cameron Smith admitted, they leave the line early all the time. That is a penalty, everytime. Even if there are 50 penalties in a game.
The problem is the refs & the administration, doing everything in their power to get a Storm or Brisbane win, like they were last year.

Big Bloke

Juniors
Laying on a tackled player for 5 seconds is not allowed, even in a dominant tackle & is a straight up penalty, the same as the other side that lays on for 2 seconds gets penalised for.
Hands all over the ball in the ruck slowing the play the ball is a penalty, not a knock on by the attacking team who have it dislodged trying to play the ball.
Like Cameron Smith admitted, they leave the line early all the time. That is a penalty, everytime. Even if there are 50 penalties in a game.
The problem is the refs & the administration, doing everything in their power to get a Storm or Brisbane win, like they were last year.

Mate, if you think the refs and the admins are trying to rig the competition for the Storm or Brisbane to win, you are a sad and delusional man.

Back it up with real evidence mate but I know you won't because you don't have any.

Leave the conspiracy theories to the yanks and the FBI.

fizman

Bench
You may want to have a look at the Brisbane v Gold Coast final (last year?)

If that wasn't a perfect example of the Referees and NRL getting the Broncos home, I don't know what is.

I think there is very strong and clear evidence that the NRL has strong preferences for certain Clubs.

Mate, if you think the refs and the admins are trying to rig the competition for the Storm or Brisbane to win, you are a sad and delusional man.

Back it up with real evidence mate but I know you won't because you don't have any.

Leave the conspiracy theories to the yanks and the FBI.
Ofcourse there is no evidence. Only snippets of insights.
Like when the referees boss says the Storm are the benchmark example of how we want games to travel & be refereed. & Newcastle have to learn to be like the Storm.
When the administration says we are on a constant battle in melbourne & Brisbane to hold fans.
When the administration sets up for 2 new QLD commissioners with no consulatation with anyone.
When the Storm comes out & says we are celebrating our 10 year anniversary of winning the (stripped)apremiership & nothing is done, but fifita get fined a hundred grand for writing 3 letters on his sleeve & nearly gets banned from the game for life

Card Shark

Immortal
You may want to have a look at the Brisbane v Gold Coast final (last year?)

If that wasn't a perfect example of the Referees and NRL getting the Broncos home, I don't know what is.

I think there is very strong and clear evidence that the NRL has strong preferences for certain Clubs.

I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories but I have to agree.

Refs were inadvertently deliberately giving the Broncos a leg up that day!

carcharias

Immortal
I agree with the coifee
Smith basically has a sook about the refs penalising the storm for cheating
....and they normally get away with it.

Paul Green wasn't so nice about the refs performance.

fizman

Bench
I agree with the coifee
Smith basically has a sook about the refs penalising the storm for cheating
....and they normally get away with it.

Paul Green wasn't so nice about the refs performance.

Would you say he was green with envy?

isaiah

Bench
You cannot be serious