What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The hunt for a new CEO

Stagger eel

Staff member
By the way, without the risk of sounding like I hate the board and blah blah blah, could somebody tell me why, in a time like this, our interim CEO is on holidays?

Suitman

Post Whore
By the way, without the risk of sounding like I hate the board and blah blah blah, could somebody tell me why, in a time like this, our interim CEO is on holidays?

Is it remotely possible that he has a family, booked it 6 months ago, and couldn't foresee that he would have this position at this time?

Suity

parra pete

Referee
I knew Kevin Humphreys well. He was a brilliant administrator.. If Steve operates like Kev did - without the scandal - he would be a great pick up..

Stagger eel

Staff member
Is it remotely possible that he has a family, booked it 6 months ago, and couldn't foresee that he would have this position at this time?

Suity

Mate that's fine, if it was unavoidable than not much you can do about it, but if that is the case it's a strange interim appointment.

Suitman

Post Whore
Mate that's fine, if it was unavoidable than not much you can do about it, but if that is the case it's a strange interim appointment.

Why?

Ken Edwards may have been having a holiday at this time too if he was still here.
Who know's?

Stop knit picking.

Suity

Eels Dude

Coach
Way to miss my point :roll:

I was pointing out that this is what a professional club goes through to hire a CEO candidate.

They are willing to scour the ends of the earth to find the best candidate while we are hoping we can get a parra fan who will make it feel like a footy club again :?

Light and day with the way the two clubs are run and the results show........

I agree, but I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt to the current mob that they'll find a suitable applicant rather than just take as gospel a throwaway comment from Sharp about what they're looking for in a candidate. I just hope we get a CEO within the next couple of months instead of having a 10 month period where the position is vacant like we had between Osborne leaving and Edwards being appointed.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Couldn't give a shit who they hire anymore, I'm sure they'll provide us with a shit sandwich and half of us will whinge about it the other half will be happy with the bread provided...

Just get it done..and get in with it.

Hey Stagger, has this got anything to do with the "corowa-pringle" turd sandwich. :D

Don't know if anyone will get it, but I thought I'd try.

Last edited:

parra pete

Referee
:lol::lol:

Name dropping fail!

Not naming dropping at all. I knew Kevin well and had a lot to do with him when I was involved with the CRL late 70's and 80's..Sorry if I offended you...but he was a brilliant administrator...
I have no reason to name drop...why would I..Just giving you an insight into a bloke many on here would not have heard of..or been aware of....contribution to Rugby League. He had plenty....

Not naming dropping at all. I knew Kevin well and had a lot to do with him when I was involved with the CRL late 70's and 80's..Sorry if I offended you...but he was a brilliant administrator...

He had some famous mates too. One bloke who managed to get a role in the Shrek films as Lord Farquaad.

Latest posts