What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The JT chase...

If we get him may it cost us resigning one of our current players.

Bird wants big money.

Graham wants big money.

Capewell will be in high demand.

Etc.

Hopefully we can keep as well who we want to keep.

ghoti

Bench
With Barba off the books, Ennis off the books, Gal either retiring or taking a lesser pay cheque...we'll have plenty of cash to splash around. Got a lot of guys off-contract, but hopefully we're sensible with it and pay blokes what they're worth. Graham is key to the team, but I wonder how good an influence he really is...and he's asking WELL over what he's worth. Likewise with Bird, overhyped and a shitty attitude like that can poison a team if he gets a huge contract.

I'd ask Graham the question that if he really wants Taumololo money, why wouldn't we just go with Taumololo??

JT should be a head target to replace Gal for sure, and luring back Frizell to replace Lewie would be my next step...

carcharias

Immortal
Pisses into own mouth for the camera
Photo went viral around the rugby league world and world.

Gave sponsors a good excuse to bail or not get on board.

Not to mention the untold media shit storm it bought upon our club again.

A bit more than a misdemeanour IMO.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Who would we prefer if we cant have both Graham or JT, I know Graham has been great for the club, but JT is a player that could win us comps for years.

I can only imagine Fifita & JT in the pack, with Maloney waiting for offloads

Surely

Post Whore
You mad??

JT tearing holes through the middle and then graham and (insert Right backrower) ball playing of the back of that.
Plus then you have Holmes, maloney and co.

It was a choice between the two

I'd take Graham, sometimes team cohesion is more important than a star, where was it in the semi when they played us ?

Last edited:

chewsta

First Grade
Scrap em all and re-build the club with a group of kids. Wouldn't all you merkins love to experience just one more time before kicking the bucket, that feeling of supporting the same bunch of blokes for years. The desperation, excitement, blood, sweat and tears. Never given a hope in hell. Then they finally get there and win it all again!

Stake Removed

First Grade
It was a choice between the two

I'd take Graham, sometimes team cohesion is more important than a star, where was it in the semi when they played us ?

We worked JT over, he had to tackle, then was given break, Green got out coached as well.

The question i think needs to be asked, what is it going to take $$$ for both.

I would have thought Graham would have signed by now, getting feeling he wants to test market, i understand Bird in that his career could be shorter, but Graham concerned has yet to sign

Frenzy.

Immortal
If we get him may it cost us resigning one of our current players.

Bird wants big money.

Graham wants big money.

Capewell will be in high demand.

Etc.

Hopefully we can keep as well who we want to keep.

Capewell doesn't compare to Taumalolo. Not in any way. He can go.

shaggs

Coach
In the end, there is no point worrying about who resigns and who doesn't.

I don't give a shit if someone goes somewhere else. I don't give a shit if they think they deserve better money.

All I care about is that they put in 100% while wearing a sharks jersey. Do that and I'm happy.

If graham goes good on him. He will never play as well as he did while here. If bird goes then good on him. He will never play as well as he did while here.

Of all the big names that have left us over the past 5-7 years, name one who went onto bigger and better things in their career.
Douglas and Snowden were being billed as the NSW front rowers. Went slowly onto the other of mediocrity.

No one who has left for a better offer has played better. Lichaa? Bullet dodged.

shaggs

Coach
Capewell doesn't compare to Taumalolo. Not in any way. He can go.
100%.
Capewell will play a good role for us, but to put him in the same basket as JT who is an out and out power player, busting tackles on size and strength compared to an untested player who beats players on football brain and awkwardness is unfathomable.

Is JT the best forward available? If so, the club is mad not to try and get him

Latest posts