What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The JT chase...

Quigs

Immortal
My opinion only. I was hoping Gal went out of the game at the same time as the Mighty Ennis. Quit on a high with nothing more to prove.

His battered body took a pounding last year. Remember he said he was in hospital the week we played the Stickies and he couldn't get up off the lounge through injury.

Time gents I reckon.

Madsharkie

First Grade
My opinion only. I was hoping Gal went out of the game at the same time as the Mighty Ennis. Quit on a high with nothing more to prove.

His battered body took a pounding last year. Remember he said he was in hospital the week we played the Stickies and he couldn't get up off the lounge through injury.

Time gents I reckon.
He wants to play! Let him play!

On JT, he is a must. The guy is a beast and currently better than all of our backrowers. No brainer.

Card Shark

Immortal

Time gents I reckon.

Same as state of origin?

Should've given it away on top - only been shit since then.

Quigs

Immortal
He might be one of the best forwards in the game but his body has taken a battering for years now. Once he was unbreakable. In reality he was lucky to make the GF. If it was many other NRL players they wouldn't of recovered enough to take the paddock.

Now his injuries have mounted up and with his age, what is it 35, it is going to be a lot harder to get through 26 games playing injured.

You forget late last year that he said he couldn't even get up off the lounge. He had back, neck, and leg injuries.

My opinion, I would of liked to see him go out at the summit of his brilliant (NRL) career.

If he wants to have a bash over in the super league, than not a problem. Who cares.

But he is the best. And he did get of the couch. Twice. And he was one of our best, each time. He will alwyas be our best forward ever.
His career, eclipses that of the likes of Artie Beetson.
If he wants to hang around next year & play 40 minutes a game for half a year, thats perfect. And the year after. If he thinks he can, he can. Nobodies else opinion matters, because, he is the best.

Sharkman

Juniors
But he is the best. And he did get of the couch. Twice. And he was one of our best, each time. He will alwyas be our best forward ever.
His career, eclipses that of the likes of Artie Beetson.
If he wants to hang around next year & play 40 minutes a game for half a year, thats perfect. And the year after. If he thinks he can, he can. Nobodies else opinion matters, because, he is the best.
So what's your argument specifically?

The threads about JT, you say be careful what you wish for as our best ever player is on 750k.

Do you think he was our best player last year? What about 2015? 2014?

Just because JT is worth a brinks truck worth of coin doesn't mean Gal is not a club legend, I just fail to see what that has to do with the topic.

And what should we be careful of, exactly?

Chimp

Bench
What does everyone think of Dale Finnucane?

Off contract and apparently attracting a fair bit of attention.

Might well be a more cost effective replacement for Gal than JT. He's not the wrecking ball in attack like JT, but he's got a big engine and puts in good numbers.

Could probably get him and Wade for not too much more than the price of a JT.

shaggs

Coach
What does everyone think of Dale Finnucane?

Off contract and apparently attracting a fair bit of attention.

Might well be a more cost effective replacement for Gal than JT. He's not the wrecking ball in attack like JT, but he's got a big engine and puts in good numbers.

Could probably get him and Wade for not too much more than the price of a JT.
I don't think he suits our play.
We want quick play then balls. He doesn't provide that. We need forwards to provide for fast guys like Holmes and broken play runners like bird.
Bios to the strengths in the young guys

In reply to the other posts, yes gal is now a club legend and he had busted his gut in every game he played. Often to the detriment of the others around him.last year he played how the "team" needed him to play.

I'd be chasing JT, he is the prototype backrower to build around. As the interchange drops and he matures physically his minutes will increase.
4 years at 5 million

My argument, to reply above, is that JT coming could bring an end to Gals career. Even though, Gallen is still light years ahead of JT as a player, wed be losing him, for twice the coin.
I like JT, but I think that is too much for a back rower. & to be honest, I dont think he is a "footy" player. One of the key reasons our sqaud is so good, is because all of them have a real "footy player" thing about them.
its the vibe.

southland

Juniors
Gal ought to be the new Heigington this year. Starts on the bench and comes on for short bursts of bashing it up the middle. Thats what he does best.

Trouble with gal hanging around is it dosent give the new captain and culture space to fully develop. Most dignified thing for Gal is to retiure at his peak (last year maybe?) Or go and clock up some $$ in superleague and come bac to the shire as a mentor / coaching staff.

Don't deny Gal is a force of nature and a beast of an NRL player but things change...

cb4

First Grade
Getting JT helps with life after Gal. Signing him doesn't kill Gal off, it eases the transition.

Latest posts