What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The JT chase...

Weaponhead

Coach
What does everyone think of Dale Finnucane?

Off contract and apparently attracting a fair bit of attention.

Might well be a more cost effective replacement for Gal than JT. He's not the wrecking ball in attack like JT, but he's got a big engine and puts in good numbers.

Could probably get him and Wade for not too much more than the price of a JT.

Finucane is a good player. He works in Melbourne because his role is simple, lock up the middle. Buying Melbourne players on big coin doesn't always work even Wide-open and Blair. They look a million bucks in the Storm system as role players but don't aim up when expected to lead. Blair has been better at Brisbane in a simple role.

The question for the coach is how is the going to played a two years time and what do you need in your team to succeed. JT is the most powerful runner in the game. He needs a rocket to build his minutes. The coach needs to think carefully about the rebuild or else we end up like Manly now.

cb4

First Grade
What does everyone think of Dale Finnucane?

Off contract and apparently attracting a fair bit of attention.

Might well be a more cost effective replacement for Gal than JT. He's not the wrecking ball in attack like JT, but he's got a big engine and puts in good numbers.

Could probably get him and Wade for not too much more than the price of a JT.

I'd be keen. He is a very good defender and a hard runner. Bit or a prop/second rower so would be very handy.

signing JT gets rid of Gal. There is no Cap space left for him.
I like Finucane. I also like Mcqueen. Theres some very good back rowers coming on the market over next 2 years.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
signing JT gets rid of Gal. There is no Cap space left for him.
I like Finucane. I also like Mcqueen. Theres some very good back rowers coming on the market over next 2 years.

Would definitely take either of those two. If we had both we'd have a selection issue haha. Provided we keep Wade, Finucane and McQueen along with Capewell would be a handy back row rotation.

Stake Removed

First Grade
JT is player who would add so much to us.

If we looking at another potential young gun, always risk though signing storm players but would go for Nelson Asofa-Solomona