What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The last Kingdom.

Pommy

Coach
Season 2 starts on Netflix tomorrow.

It hasn't proven as popular as Vikings but i personally prefer it.
It's about a Saxon noble boy who's taken hostage by Vikings and later finds himself between the two groups. Not trusted by the Saxons but not an actual Viking either.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Smashed the first season in a couple of days, excellent first season. Can't wait to watch season 2.

Game_Breaker

Coach
I liked it although the main character is too arrogant imo. Alfred is easily my favourite character

season 2 is out and netflix is releasing 1 episode a week, since when do they do this?

Pommy

Coach
I liked it although the main character is too arrogant imo. Alfred is easily my favourite character

season 2 is out and netflix is releasing 1 episode a week, since when do they do this?

Im not sure on the production of it its made by the BBC and Netflix and is being released on a Friday night in the UK on BBC2 hence the Saturday release here.
BBC America pulled out of funding after series 1 and Netflix jumped in, it seems like a strange set up but I guess them releasing it one episode at a time was part of the deal with the BBC.
Haven't seen the third episode yet, in my opinion its not getting nearly the hype it deserves.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Im not sure on the production of it its made by the BBC and Netflix and is being released on a Friday night in the UK on BBC2 hence the Saturday release here.
BBC America pulled out of funding after series 1 and Netflix jumped in, it seems like a strange set up but I guess them releasing it one episode at a time was part of the deal with the BBC.
Haven't seen the third episode yet, in my opinion its not getting nearly the hype it deserves.

I watched Ep 3 on Friday night, so we must be ahead of the BBC audience?

mongoose

Coach
Not a bad show, it does some things better than Vikings which I found a tad overrated. Vikings has much better battles and action but it's storytelling is weak. The Last Kingdom has a better narrative but the action scenes aren't that great and has too many uninteresting characters. Uhtred is a bit petulant too..

hineyrulz

Post Whore
This season has been excellent, hate having to wait till Saturday for the last episode.

Pommy

Coach
Loving this season disappointed its only 8 episodes long. Easily my favourite thing on TV at the moment and thats not a bad review considering it includes Better call Saul.

Game_Breaker

Coach
That last episode was the best out of the 2 seasons

Alfred is starting to annoy me, if it wasn't for Odda then his daughter would probably be dead

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Yeah the next season should be interesting now that Alfred has p*ssed off everyone close to him.

I think there will be a play to make Aethelwold King.

Latest posts