What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Laws/Price/Singleton/Carr/2GB/2UE/Jones Show(Important!)

chileman

Coach
Moffo said:
The Singo Party hey El? :lol:

If they got all the league fans in Sydney on board, he may well be a chance of knocking off Carr

Cheers,
Moffo
Even a few QLD'ers possing as NSWelshmen would add their votes to the Singo Party ;-)

Grantwhy

Juniors
chileman said:
Moffo said:
The Singo Party hey El? :lol:

If they got all the league fans in Sydney on board, he may well be a chance of knocking off Carr

Cheers,
Moffo
Even a few QLD'ers possing as NSWelshmen would add their votes to the Singo Party ;-)

I agree - Joh for PM!!!

errr . . . .

Singo for NSW Premier!!!

*sigh* it just doesn't have the same oomph

El Diablo

Post Whore
I wonder what Hawkey thinks of Carr knocking his mate Singo?

Carr's already got Latham against him.

Anonymous

Juniors
JK said:
And they need the cash.

So many people want them to spend money on education..no health...no roads...no this...no that...

It has to come from somewhere.
Yes... thats the reasoning - and thats what the electorate will be told so in the end it will be turned into an election winner as the pork barrell rolls out.

If you look at the some of figures being floated around, pokie income is massive. This depends on which source you choose to believe but there's no denying that the turnover is substantial.
Why wouldn't the state government want a larger slice of the pie? I'm not arguing the right and wrong of this nor am I debating fiscal policies - just pointing out the fact that the state can tax it, so they will.

Mystery Man

Juniors
I'm not sure that this will have the devestating effect that is being predicted. The game's free-to-air TV rights were vastly undersold to 9 as part of the game's unification, so a big boost in this area will probably help to cover the predicted shortfalls.

Having said that, the fact that football clubs have relied on their leagues club has always been a blight on rugby league, so the threat of this tax may end up being the kick in the arse that the club administrator's have always needed, and may actually result in them trying to make their football clubs more profitable.

Moffo

Referee
Mystery Man said:
I'm not sure that this will have the devestating effect that is being predicted. The game's free-to-air TV rights were vastly undersold to 9 as part of the game's unification, so a big boost in this area will probably help to cover the predicted shortfalls.

Having said that, the fact that football clubs have relied on their leagues club has always been a blight on rugby league, so the threat of this tax may end up being the kick in the arse that the club administrator's have always needed, and may actually result in them trying to make their football clubs more profitable.

THat would involve us relying on the NRL to organise something more then a chook raffle. Dangerous presumption indeed

If it was revenue neutral for the gov't syphon, then how can they redistribute the money that this law will raise into hospitals? Your simply not making sense

You said that each machine will make a loss for the club. So why would a club have ANY machines at all?????? The incentive for clubs would be to have ZERO machines

YOU don't get it

BTW, its a progressive tax, so not every dollar of turnover will be taxed at 40%.

Cheers,
Moffo

Alan Shore

First Grade
Moffo said:
Mystery Man said:

THat would involve us relying on the NRL to organise something more then a chook raffle. Dangerous presumption indeed

If it was revenue neutral for the gov't syphon, then how can they redistribute the money that this law will raise into hospitals? Your simply not making sense

You said that each machine will make a loss for the club. So why would a club have ANY machines at all?????? The incentive for clubs would be to have ZERO machines

YOU don't get it

BTW, its a progressive tax, so not every dollar of turnover will be taxed at 40%.

Cheers,
Moffo

Ezactly. The first $1,000,000 generated won't be affected. Just like how the income tax system works.