What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The LJC\Stallion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion

First Grade
And here was I thinking you had actually smartened up... guess not.

Thought I'd give you a serve union troll! I'm basically ignoring your crap pro union crap and know you have no idea of the repression that rugby league is facing not only in NZ but elsewhere. Simple as that. We differ big time.

Te Kaha

First Grade
Thought I'd give you a serve union troll! I'm basically ignoring your crap pro union crap and know you have no idea of the repression that rugby league is facing not only in NZ but elsewhere. Simple as that. We differ big time.
As usual you are wrong.. so very very wrong. As a teacher you are a failure.

Stallion

First Grade
The only real difference is that League simply isnt as popular (for e.g.) Ireland. If us Irish people played out rugby union like we play our league, we'd be on a different level.

On the Irish rugby league scene: I'm privy to a story that amateur Aussie footballers were told by an IRISH rugby union official that when they requested to play amateur rugby league after the union season had finished they were told, " You can play any other sport except for rugby-league! "

Stallion

First Grade
Bang on the money. Lots of things are unfair without having anything to do with human rights. If not receiving Sport Accord recognition was a violation of human rights it wouldn't be happening.

I thought the lack of recognition was unfair, but it isn't according to English RL journalist Phil Caplan as he states RL has yet to meet the requirement of having sufficient domestic leagues.

And 'foot golf' does meet the requirement?! And perhaps this 'sports accord' organization is in the wrong! ? Their have been mistakes made by other organisations in history. This organisation could be one of those? From what Im seeing that biggotry is well and truelly alive and thriving in the rugby union officialdom of the world and this has flowed onto all sorts of manifestations(like the elite private schools worldwide shunning of RL) that limits/inhibits rugby league's presence in the overall demographic in society everywhere. Give the RL code equitable presence and fairness will prevail. This is not happening at as yet!

Last edited:

Bennyfishel

Juniors
I watched the new Zealand v fiji game and that told me they can engrave Australias name on the cup now,the poms played PNG today and dropped so many passes you needed a calculator to asses how many.the kangas will beat the poms by plenty, I wish australia would drop the bearded forward he is a passengerin the team,makes very little ground when in posssesion and nearly always runs in a straight line,they can read him like a book.

Stallion

First Grade
Rugby league in nz is not that big... The last thing we need is losing more fans in nz... Beating the kangaroos will be a huge bonus... Cause then they'll start taking the international game more serious and start investing in it... I'm going for Tonga and Fiji all the way and hope they do us all proud

Understand the issues for rugbyleague in NZ. Having little presence in the schools is the big concern. I know a female whom was oblivious to the fact that little or no rugby league was played on NZ schools but all her family and connections played rugby league on the weekend? Its pretty daunting when a code (RU)has the schools doing their development work and the RL have to fund their own development work? Tough gig and I don't think this is just isolated to NZ.

ULYSSES

Juniors
Understand the issues for rugbyleague in NZ. Having little presence in the schools is the big concern. I know a female whom was oblivious to the fact that little or no rugby league was played on NZ schools but all her family and connections played rugby league on the weekend? Its pretty daunting when a code (RU)has the schools doing their development work and the RL have to fund their own development work? Tough gig and I don't think this is just isolated to NZ.
You do realise that most state and catholic schools in NSW and QLD only field teams in League competitions and in the other states in AFL. This is the choice of these schools. Are we going to cry injustice because schools make a choice to use very limited resources as they see fit. In most schools it is hard enough fielding one competitive team without splitting the talent among several competing codes.
By the way I just asked a female if she knew that little or no League was played in Victorian schools, she did not. Does that make my argument stronger.
Your constant harping about bias against League makes us look like sooks that can't stand up for ourselves, hardly the tough man image we want to promote.

Stallion

First Grade
You do realise that most state and catholic schools in NSW and QLD only field teams in League competitions and in the other states in AFL. This is the choice of these schools. Are we going to cry injustice because schools make a choice to use very limited resources as they see fit. In most schools it is hard enough fielding one competitive team without splitting the talent among several competing codes.
By the way I just asked a female if she knew that little or no League was played in Victorian schools, she did not. Does that make my argument stronger.
Your constant harping about bias against League makes us look like sooks that can't stand up for ourselves, hardly the tough man image we want to promote.

What a load of garbage! These schools field teams in all codes. Suggest you look up your information again! Particularly in the high school situation.

Stallion

First Grade
Starting at $20 for pool games (- 20% if you are a Telstra customer), how cheap do you want them to be?
Semis starting at $40

Good luck going to see a world cup semi final in the other sports for $40!

Different scenario! Other codes are not being denied recognition of being recognised as a sport by an internationally relevant sports organisation. This code needs to be humble and be seen to be generous as other codes have distinct advantages over it. It's clearly a supreme code however RL does not have the influence and friends in high places that the other codes like union and soccer benefit from. It's as simple as that. Atm these prices are a barrier for a code (RL)that is trying to gain traction in the international sports market. This is not to say after the game does significantly grow prices may become more closely alligned with other sports but not whilst significant growth is still to come. It's a game of patience, public relations and persistence.

Stallion

First Grade
How can $20, $16 if your a Telstra customer, be a barrier to attendance? How cheap do you think it should have been? Maybe you think we should pay people to attend to offset this people of influence bias lol

I'm aware of the Telstra offer and many are not! From the start when catA tickets were offered for $155 in Melbourne started the hopeless price gouging public relations disaster the code has suffered in this tournament. It should have been marketed as a value laden world cup tournament for the fans not a "price gouging get all u can grab if they are silly enough to pay tournament." Absolutely wrong in this or the next two world cups. This code needs to grow and will suffer if it is not seen as for the people. The time will come for market base pricing but not in the foreseeable future. If you doubt that RL does suffer from a lack of "friends in high places" then you are ignorant. And I'm sure you are not ignorant!

Last edited:

Stallion

First Grade
That's exactly right the Pacific Islands have provided more to rugby league than any area, the NRL( and Super League to a lesser extent) is filled with Pacific Islanders, more needs to be done to nurture the players coming through. We need more semi/pro clubs competing in the Intrust Super Cups. PNG already have the Hunters and hopefully Fiji is approved for 2019, then somewhere down the line they can add Samoa and Tonga. A Pacific 6 Nations with Aus, NZ, Fiji, PNG, Samoa, Tonga and if Australia don't want to be involved we can have the Cook Islands instead. Australia can play at least one test a year in the Islands and visit schools etc.. this will already be a huge boost for Pacific RL!

Agree about the Pacific Islands. Would alsi suggest that other areas enjoy this code just as much. Im pretty sure had it not been for the subversive activities of other rival football codes that rugby league would be number 1 or top 2 football code in France, South Africa and many other nations that have experienced its undermining as a sporting option.

Stallion

First Grade
The agenda for rugby league has always been to marginalize it, from day dot. You see that in this world cup.

marginalize
(ˈmɑːdʒɪnəˌlaɪz) or
marginalise
vb
(tr) to relegate to the fringes, out of the mainstream; make seem unimportant

Or perhaps someone else's agenda!?

Stallion

First Grade
I see the editor/moderator has a freedom of speech issue!? The points I have raised that you have transferred from their original thread are very relevant to that thread. It's dissapointing what you are doing. These points are valid and very worthwhile in benefitting rugby league and genuine progressive discourse that nails what has been really going on. If you were a genuine RL fan you would give the comments their original thread. But that's not happening I suggest.

Te Kaha

First Grade
I see the editor/moderator has a freedom of speech issue!? The points I have raised that you have transferred from their original thread are very relevant to that thread. It's dissapointing what you are doing. These points are valid and very worthwhile in benefitting rugby league and genuine progressive discourse that nails what has been really going on. If you were a genuine RL fan you would give the comments their original thread. But that's not happening I suggest.
Freedom of speech does not apply on a private website. This is especially true when you libel an organisation by making claims based on anecdotes not actual back-able facts.
Normally you would already be banned because you post these allegations repeatedly with out any corroborating evidence. But your paranoia is quite funny so the posts are just moved instead of being deleted and you banned. However if certain admins ever see your libel i doubt they will be so forgiving. Just keep on topic, stop spouting your "friends in high places" crap and stop making claims you cant back with evidence and you may survive longer on here.

Stallion

First Grade
Lucky they didnt get the ton with those missed conversions.

The draw was poor...only 3 days rest between games. What idiot thought it was a good idea to congest their games. This is how they treated the minnow teams in the mens World Cup before. Hopefully it changes next time.

Believe it or not that 88nil scoreline will inspire plenty of Canadians to take up rugby league! The same inspiration happened when the South African mens team got pumped 82-4 by the Kangaroos in a world cup a few decades ago. Unfortunately the thousands of South Africans wanting to play rugby league were to be blacklisted and warned off playing rugby league by the SA rugby union.

Stallion

First Grade
The above comments are true! It's astounding how wrong the editor / moderator can be with respects by putting this comment away from its original thread? This has been happening to rugby league. Why put it in another thread?

Te Kaha

First Grade
The above comments are true! It's astounding how wrong the editor / moderator can be with respects by putting this comment away from its original thread? This has been happening to rugby league. Why put it in another thread?
Prove it. Simple as that... prove "thousands" of South Africans wanted to play League but were prevented from doing so. With out proof its just another of your many lies.

Stallion

First Grade
Wow what an amazing last minute try. I didnt see that coming! Well done Cooks!

Wow what an amazing last minute try. I didnt see that coming! Well done Cooks!

Encouraging news for Cook Islands rugby-league! The men have missed the party however the women have not.
Not sure that's a great first. It's more an indication of a fledgling tournament. The women's FIFA World Cup for instance is a big deal and can generate substantial crowds on its own. Just googled the last one in 2015 out of interest, 53,000 watched the US vs Japan in the final held in Vancouver, Canada.

That code hasn't got another code trying to kill it!?

Last edited:

Stallion

First Grade
Prove it. Simple as that... prove "thousands" of South Africans wanted to play League but were prevented from doing so. With out proof its just another of your many lies.

Whatever the main daily newspaper in London was had this information. I recall showing to a mate whom I played University footy with and was teaching in London ar the time. He shook his head in a reluctant acknowledgement of what has been going on against rugby league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts