What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The LJC\Stallion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Te Kaha

First Grade
Whatever the main daily newspaper in London was had this information. I recall showing to a mate whom I played University footy with and was teaching in London ar the time. He shook his head in a reluctant acknowledgement of what has been going on against rugby league.
*facepalm* ... You read a newspaper once and that was our proof? You must be the lousiest teacher ever.

Stallion

First Grade
The two bosses of the RLWC and the staff came directly from the NRL and most will go back there. The ARLC makes money from the NZRL and then treats them like a begging child, just like they do with the CRL. They destroy any revenue stream these organisations have, use them to produce players and make money from them and then laid power over them and tell them what to do. And they still got better crowds. There was no spike in interest in Australia. None. So for all the power the ARLC and NRL ensure they give themselves it's translating into a smaller, weaker, less popular sport in this country, and not just at international level. In fact the pathetic response to the WC is symptomatic of the damage the NRL has done to the game here and the fact the NRL is also on the nose in NZ is a by product of that as well.

I have suspected that their has been an enemy from within the game for some time now. Agree with your comment. Any names to the two NRL bosses that worked at the world cup?

Last edited:

Stallion

First Grade
The Raa Raa boys charge $500 to $2000 for world cup final tickets, depending on the venue.

Pure and simple, RL fans is Oz are deadset spoilt when it comes to prices and have no dedication to the live game. Its an undeniable fact.

So therefore the lower ticket price logic is comensurate with the main demographic that follow the code? The union people are full of toffy nose ponses and wealthy backgrounds due to its mortgage on the elite private schools of the world. Go figure. We are not comparing like for like demographically. I wish we were but that's another battle for this code.

Stallion

First Grade
Yak always been a fan of your tireless work in RL. If everyone had the same commitment as you we’d be the biggest game in the world

That said - as an outsider looking in, I can’t help but shake my head at so many things that have happened in the lead up to and during the World Cup. Can’t put my finger on what it is, but one thing I absolutely know is that there is a severe lack of competence in these circles. This WC had the potential to take RL to the next level and the organisers did so many things to f**k it. To the point where I almost wonder how much of it was sabotage.

I feel that RL needs a Lyall or someone from outside the league bubble that has the nouse to do it properly. Open the chequebook and go for quality. It’s such a shame that RL is plagued by so much incompetence when it comes to management

What’s going to change? Anything in the pipeline to give us hope? We’ll struggle to make headway until we get the right people in there. I dislike AFL management as much as the next person but the reality is that they run rings around us when it comes to anything head office related

Think the CEO of this RLWC was from AFL land? From memory he quit his post a month b4 the tournament started? I mentioned sabotage when finding out the opener was not in Sydney 6 weeks ago.

Pommy

Coach
Another error perhaps beyond the control organisers is the scheduling of a day/night Ashes test match on the same night as the world cup final. (Could have scheduled a day test at this time?instead their is an obvious nightime tv clash) This will limit/compromise the great/impressive tv ratings for rugbyleague on this important night. Luckily the footballers have not dissappointed.

Will it compromise them? I like cricket as much as the next Englishman or Aussie but it’s a 5 day test and the final is 80 minutes, even if it was Aus vs Another I would have watched it over the ashes.

Stallion

First Grade
Will it compromise them? I like cricket as much as the next Englishman or Aussie but it’s a 5 day test and the final is 80 minutes, even if it was Aus vs Another I would have watched it over the ashes.

It will. The people whom don't like rugby league have an out and the novelty associated with a nightime test on the first day will undoubtedly impact national tv ratings. It happens to be that England are playing in both so the tv ratings in both nations will be impacted. That's a reasonable prediction!

Te Kaha

First Grade
Not sure whom git slandered,?
Ouch... did you get a slap down or what!!!
This part is libelous " That's the guy the rugby employed to do this! There in lies the issue. Either this guy took poor advice(quite possible )or deliberately set up questionable venue allocation and highly priced tickets along with no control/certainty on things like radio coverage and we have an underachieving world cup in attendances." You actually accused someone of deliberate sabotage of a corporate event. I'm quoting it with no context so it could mean anyone. The context you posted was a clear inference of who it was.

I would be careful if i was you. The site owners are very careful about posters posting Libel. Some have received suspensions or permanent Bans. It would be a shame for you to receive one.

Stallion

First Grade
They don't rate the opposition though Stallion. One Aussie pundit was asked what chance do England have, he said minimal, adding that if they were to stand any chance the Burgess brothers, Widdop, Graham and all the NRL based English players have to step up. Not one Super League player mentioned, and he mentioned the two Burgess brothers despite the fact one isn't starting.

Don't rate the opposition and the NRL is the be all and end all. The RLWC is treated as a third tier tournament by Aussies behind State of Origin and NRL.

It's deliberate DC80. Remembering their are organisations and a rival code (perhaps codes?) that do not want to see rugby league internationally relevant It's very unfair but its happening.

Stallion

First Grade
"Useless twats" a good name for them. Think they have delivered what the top end of town wanted! An underwhelming world cup with deliberate focus on the domestic scene to make sure the international rugby league scene has reduced relevance. This is how the top end of town works if they don't want a sport to grow too big for the boots they want that code to wear!

Last edited:

Stallion

First Grade
I have never read so much crap in my life. You and your conspiracy theories. You probably believe that man never set foot on the moon.

So where does that place you if it's accurate which btw has been already commented on as being valid by others? No doubt your ignorant line of thought is exactly what the enemies of rugby league want. So well done you pathetic piece of shit!

DC_fan

Coach
He does talk a lot of crap but he is right in that the lack of coverage is deliberate and based on the decisions of about 30 misinformed people in total (if that). Editorial level people in a handful of media organisations. There is simply no doubt about that.

Yes there is a lack of coverage, and yes it is deliberate. But not from the perspective he is trying to portray, and you to a certain extent are trying to push. Rugby League is the premier winter sport in NSW and Qld. The media in those states know that, and they know that the NRL and State of Origin helps butter their bread at that time. Do we really think that these organisations are going to damage their reputations as league media, by as Stallion suggests, by being in a conspiracy plot to destroy the game.

Stallion is a dope

DC_fan

Coach
So where does that place you if it's accurate which btw has been already commented on as being valid by others? No doubt your ignorant line of thought is exactly what the enemies of rugby league want. So well done you pathetic piece of shit!

Enemies of the game! You have seriously lost the plot.

Stallion

First Grade
Yes there is a lack of coverage, and yes it is deliberate. But not from the perspective he is trying to portray, and you to a certain extent are trying to push. Rugby League is the premier winter sport in NSW and Qld. The media in those states know that, and they know that the NRL and State of Origin helps butter their bread at that time. Do we really think that these organisations are going to damage their reputations as league media, by as Stallion suggests, by being in a conspiracy plot to destroy the game.

Stallion is a dope

You are an ignoramus! The international relevance and growth is being hurt and damaged by this blatant lack of media coverage. If you think that the media coverage for the RLWC has been good then you are kidding yourself. If ever their was an appropriate time to proactively publicise and cover this rugby league with an Australian team and in Australia its now. And its not occuring! The reasons for this are complex but people like yourself cant figure this out and believe that such thinking is in fact reality. Logic does go with the comment about rugby league's issues yet you deride it like the ignoramus you are!

Stallion

First Grade
The final of RLWC17 lost its sparkle once the Pacific Island nations of Fiji and Tonga lost their respective semi-finals. It was those nations, plus Samoa, PNG and to a certain extent Lebanon who drew most peoples attention to the tournament. Not because fans expected them to win the cup, just that it was fun to watch them play. Now they have gone and international rugby league returns to normality and the same old teams play in the final, that fun has gone. Australia will win tonight, it all depends on by how much. What fun is there in watching the Kangaroos destroy the poms. It has happened too often for people to care much. The best thing for the international game is not for England not to keep the score close tonight, but to win.

RLWC is a third tier competition in comparison to the State of Origin and the NRL. But that should not be looked upon as being a negative. Because with the NRL we have the best league competition in the world and the State of Origin has the best 34 players in the world.

International rugby league is a third rate competition says the :expert!" I doubt you have laced on a boot! If you have it would not have at any half decent level. Yet you rate international rugby league like that. Pathetic!

Stallion

First Grade
I think that is a very accurate post Stallion. Spot on. It's unfair and frustrating but I think it's very true..

Thanks Coastbloke. I have a thesis proposal on the backburner about the elite private school situation of no rugby league. Its good to know that their are others whom share this view. It's a real struggle for the code which deserves so much more going its way than its getting.

Stallion

First Grade
He does talk a lot of crap but he is right in that the lack of coverage is deliberate and based on the decisions of about 30 misinformed people in total (if that). Editorial level people in a handful of media organisations. There is simply no doubt about that.

Merry Xmas to you about the "crap" comment. At least you have spotted the "deliberateness" of what has been going on! That's something!-

Stallion

First Grade
I have never read so much crap in my life. You and your conspiracy theories. You probably believe that man never set foot on the moon.

So their is no issue at the moment with rugby league being recognised as sport? I don't see that happening with the other codes? So their has been no eliminating of the code such as in France in 1941? So their has been little growth comparative growth of this great code internationally? So their has been little coverage of the current world cup of this code? Not conspiracy champ. Reality is being witnessed against the code rugby league in various ways and means. Yet you class it a conspiracy theory! It's REALITY!

DC_fan

Coach
International rugby league is a third rate competition says the :expert!" I doubt you have laced on a boot! If you have it would not have at any half decent level. Yet you rate international rugby league like that. Pathetic!

One thing you are very good at is changing the direction of the conversation. You sound a lot like Donald Trump. See ya Donald

Stallion

First Grade
Un

Unbelievable ! Marketing and promotion of what should be a great event today has been appalling if they can’t sell the game out! Absolutely embarrassing!

Yes Emu. Trying to look for why and how this poor regard and treatment of rugby league is occuring is also an issue for some.

Status
Not open for further replies.