What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The LJC\Stallion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion

First Grade
The same club who are now struggling to stay in the Championship and who very rarely filled the KCom once the novelty of being in the EPL had worn off? They are slipping back to the mediocrity that they managed for most of their history. The Allam's can bleat about wanting to buy the stadium all they like but it's still a council owned asset and should remain that way. The biggest problem at the KCom is that the council have, from day one, let the football team control the running of the stadium and they often dump on Hull FC. They once told Hull FC to remove a picture of former Hull FC and GB player Johnny Whiteley from the boardroom. This is an example of how petty they are. Imagine what they'd try if they actually owned the stadium instead of just thinking they do?

Yes. Rugby league suffers from a widespread dislike/bias against the code in various areas of influence. And this is but another example of the code being treated on the outer. It's a real battle out there for this code that deserves so much more!

Stallion

First Grade
Do you never get bored of rehashing the same stuff over and over?

Reality should not be ignored! It's the tangible reasoning creating the struggles for this code worldwide. The person on the street is not aware of it and so many fans of the code are the same.

Pommy

Coach
Reality should not be ignored! It's the tangible reasoning creating the struggles for this code worldwide. The person on the street is not aware of it and so many fans of the code are the same.

Then get a megaphone and go and stand at town hall with all the other preaching dullards, everyone on here has heard you a million times already.

Stallion

First Grade
Then get a megaphone and go and stand at town hall with all the other preaching dullards, everyone on here has heard you a million times already.

You havent heard it enough and dare I suggest you don't think its the sad reality of this underated football code. Shoot a messenger as much as you like! But ignoring very real issues WON'T make them magically go away. What it will do is have Rugby league at the bottom of the pecking order as far as a world sport is concerned. And it (RL)clearly deserves better regard and standing than that!

Last edited:

Pommy

Coach
You havent heard it enough and dare I suggest you don't think its the sad reality of this underated football code. Shoot a messenger as much as you like! But ignoring very real issues WON'T make them magically go away. What it will do is have Rugby league at the bottom of the pecking order as far as a world sport is concerned. And it (RL)clearly deserves better regard and standing than that!

Then do something about it, don’t rant hourly to a group of RL tragics who clearly know the state of affairs.
You’re not changing anything, you’re just irritating.

Stallion

First Grade
Then do something about it, don’t rant hourly to a group of RL tragics who clearly know the state of affairs.
You’re not changing anything, you’re just irritating.

Lol. Their's a petition out concerning the recognition of rugby league as a sport. Have u signed it yet? I have! And im doing my best within the local primary schools of my local area to get RL out there. Leaguetag is a definite positive path for the younger students as they move onto high school. Are you doing your bit!? You say you are aware. Get in their and make it a genuine Public discourse. Or if you know someone get something started. Atm RL is treated like a lepper and some of us know this however most don't!

Last edited:

Pommy

Coach
Lol. Their's a petition out concerning the recognition of rugby league as a sport. Have u signed it yet? I have! And im doing my best within the local primary schools of my local area to get RL out there. Leaguetag is a definite positive path for the younger students as they move onto high school. Are you doing your bit!? You sau you are aware. Get in their and make it a genuine publuc discourse. Or if you know someone get something started. Atm RL is treated like a lepper and some of us know this however most don't!

I have signed it, but it won’t make a difference.
I don’t have to do anything else as I’m not ranting on about how I’m trying to change things.
I donated some money to Ireland recently if that counts.

Stallion

First Grade
I have signed it, but it won’t make a difference.
I don’t have to do anything else as I’m not ranting on about how I’m trying to change things.
I donated some money to Ireland recently if that counts.

That counts. And I'm not ranting on. Im making this very real issue something to challenge and be conscious of. Instead of it being the flavour of the month thing it should be the main purpose for progress by genuine fans of the game. People like Steve Mascord are aware of RLs issues. Their needs to be more and this should be a major talking point amongst the general public not just the RL fans that are in the know. This apathy and ignorance needs to be addressed for a positive direction in rugby league to truelly occur.

Last edited:

Stallion

First Grade
Even within this "rugby league fan friendly " website we have significant editorial interference reducing the likelihood of this very real concern being a popular discourse amongst footy fans.

Pommy

Coach
Even within this "rugby league fan friendly " website we have significant editorial interference reducing the likelihood of this very real concern being a popular discourse amongst footy fans.

No you just derail every thread in to the same shit.
Create threads and stay on topic and you will be fine I imagine.

Stallion

First Grade
No you just derail every thread in to the same shit.
Create threads and stay on topic and you will be fine I imagine.

And still have rugby league on a neverendless struggling path!? YEAH! THAT WILL KEEP THE BIGGOTS HAPPY!

Stallion

First Grade
I think you are being naive in what you think will generate interest. Us taking on Ireland or Italy, places where the sport has barely any profile or grass roots, won't achieve it. As an Australian would you be interested in seeing a USA baseball team made up of Americans taking on an Australia baseball team made up of Americans? So a sport with little or no profile in Australia and an Australia team made up entirely of another nationality, would you pay money to go see it?

Another thing, never mind lack of media coverage in those other countries what tv station in England would cover games against minnows? BBC 2 only showed RLWC games involving England, none of Ireland, Wales or Scotland were shown as the sport has little or no profile in the others. This is the BBC we are talking about which covers the four countries, yet in RL only one got coverage. The BBC are unlikely to cover a non RLWC game involving England against a team that isn't NZ or Australia. Sky are even less likely to do so. Premier sports is probably the best shot and it's watched by very few, so ultimately there is very little to gain for England playing against these teams right now.

Perhaps as you have seen what has happened in the Pacific islands you are thinking the same will happen here. Tonga, Samoa and the Pacific islands are rugby playing nations. It's an easy sell to them, it's in their culture. A Tonga team made up of New Zealanders will still generate plenty of interest in Tonga, that isn't replicated here. Top down approach will not work here.

Rugby league does not get the favours other sports enjoy in the parts of Britain you refer to. Maybe a change in perception and a fair go might help this much maligned code ? After all its a great football code that's not well known?!

Pommy

Coach
Rugby league does not get the favours other sports enjoy in the parts of Britain you refer to. Maybe a change in perception and a fair go might help this much maligned code ? After all its a great football code that's not well known?!

You know that from experience do you?

Stallion

First Grade

I met some Aussies that were playing union and then wanted to play rugby league and were told by an Irish union official : " You can play any sport you like except for rugby league. " These were amateur footballers. That's one instance. I'm sure if you enquire with rugby league or even union footballers who have travelled through such areas you will find this biggotry. Very real but not made common knowledge!

Pommy

Coach
I met some Aussies that were playing union and then wanted to play rugby league and were told by an Irish union official : " You can play any sport you like except for rugby league. " These were amateur footballers. That's one instance. I'm sure if you enquire with rugby league or even union footballers who have travelled through such areas you will find this biggotry. Very real but not made common knowledge!

So not by experience, second hand stories.

Stallion

First Grade
So not by experience, second hand stories.

No benefit to me to lie? What's the gain?! This is stuff that is not talked about much but does happen. Pretty sure it would make things hard for any sport!? Let alone a code that can easily be seen as superior to its older and uglier "brother "! It makes sense in that but we have people like yourself playing "devils advocate" thinking how smart they are yet seeing this biggotry go on and stagnate the unheralded code of rugby league. The just 'let it slide' attitude is perhaps worse than the biggotry. Apathy should not sit well for genuine fans of rugbyleague.

Stallion

First Grade
Everyone acknowledges it.
We just don't feel the need to make every single post about it. Mainly because Rugby League has more than enough self inflicted wounds to occupy it week to week.
Neutral sports fans don't care. The media doesn't care. Rugby League isn't a human right.

Not everyone is aware if this shameful regard for the sport of rugby league! This apathy toward recognition does impact negatively on rugby league. Imagine if a code like soccer or rugby union were having the sane issue? I'm sure that would a public discourse? Until we understand that this recognition and unfairness should be a very public discourse and openly discussed the code will continue to struggle. Simple as that. I note the apathy with this thread and this is concerning. Not for guys like me but the code of rugby league!

Status
Not open for further replies.