What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The LJC\Stallion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion

First Grade
Well a pacific cup would cost a hell of a lot of money. No nation other than Aus can underwrite such a tournament.
The RLIF has limited profits to underwrite it. And if they do it for the pacific, they have to do it for every region.

Why oh why can’t we have a commercially strong NZ that could offer something...

The establishment set up for rugby league in NZ is not condusive for allowing/encouraging the code to grow in various ways. It stems from very limited school access/presence and flows on from that. Historically the code's players have been blacklisted for playing rugby league by rugby union. All these things make it hard for rugby league to prosper despite it being a great football code.

Stallion

First Grade
To the moderator. Opinions / observations that are on the mark are not viewed fairly on this website. You need to reassess your bias!

Te Kaha

First Grade
To the moderator. Opinions / observations that are on the mark are not viewed fairly on this website. You need to reassess your bias!
No that post was wholly inaccurate. You have zero understanding of anything to do with NZ League or Rugby. Plus making statements that are not true is libel. your "opinions" could get you banned.

Stallion

First Grade
No that post was wholly inaccurate. You have zero understanding of anything to do with NZ League or Rugby. Plus making statements that are not true is libel. your "opinions" could get you banned.

Thought it would be you!
Their is another post in this thread from "kiwileaguefan.' He described what happened In NZ to players that went to rugby league after WW2. Are you implying that this is not true? Your denials show a deliberste policy to deny the truth or valid opinions being read on this site.

Te Kaha

First Grade
Thought it would be you!
Their is another post in this thread from "kiwileaguefan.' He described what happened In NZ to players that went to rugby league after WW2. Are you implying that this is not true? Your denials show a deliberste policy to deny the truth or valid opinions being read on this site.
You really do have zero understanding. They only thing that those players were no longer permitted to do is play Rugby. That is all "Blackballed" meant. There was no stopping them playing, coaching administering League in any way. so in the context of your post answer you lied. Being paid to play League meant you were no longer eligible for amateur Rugby.

Stallion

First Grade
That still seems odd. I know when I had to sign a special declaration in my last year at high school to play union. I found that strange. So did my Dad when I told him. My Dad played international soccer. So this whole banning thing was and is odd! Not open and equitable at all. Most people are unaware of this policy toward rugby-league courtesy of union administrators.

Last edited:

Te Kaha

First Grade
That still seems odd. I know whenI had to sign a special declatatio to play union I found that strange. So did my Dad when I told him. My Dad played international soccer. So this whole banning thing was odd!
It was the same as the Olympics, if you were a professional athlete you couldn't go to the Olympics. If you played Professional Rugby, i.e. League, you couldn't then play amateur Rugby. Its not Rocket science. And what you found in Aussie has no bearing on what happened in NZ.

Stallion

First Grade
It was the same as the Olympics, if you were a professional athlete you couldn't go to the Olympics. If you played Professional Rugby, i.e. League, you couldn't then play amateur Rugby. Its not Rocket science. And what you found in Aussie has no bearing on what happened in NZ.

Yes. From what I've heard it's worse in NZ! But that's where you and I dissagree.

deal.with.it

Juniors
I don’t like that a moderator on an international forum calls one sport Rugby and another League. Whether that is simply conditioning or not, it is giving a rival sport that has mistreated our sport a leg up.
Unrelated, I do believe that RL has an issue with having the right personnel to capitalise on commercial opportunities.

Te Kaha

First Grade
I don’t like that a moderator on an international forum calls one sport Rugby and another League. Whether that is simply conditioning or not, it is giving a rival sport that has mistreated our sport a leg up.
Unrelated, I do believe that RL has an issue with having the right personnel to capitalise on commercial opportunities.
It's because here one sport is Rugby and the other is League. Its the same thing as football meaning different things in different places in the world.

Stallion

First Grade
It's because here one sport is Rugby and the other is League. Its the same thing as football meaning different things in different places in the world.

No its not. They are both codes of rugby. League and union. You are showing a bias against the code of rugby league on a rugby league website. Looks like I'm not the only noticing your bias stance against rugby league. And you're the one whom doesn't know what he's talking about!

Te Kaha

First Grade
No its not. They are both codes of rugby. League and union. You are showing a bias against the code of rugby league on a rugby league website. Looks like I'm not the only noticing your bias stance against rugby league. And you're the one whom doesn't know what he's talking about!
Yes it is idiot. How many New Zealanders have talked Rugby and League with? obviously not many. Over here it is Rugby and League. It has nothing to do with "bias" you numpty.

Stallion

First Grade
Yes it is idiot. How many New Zealanders have talked Rugby and League with? obviously not many. Over here it is Rugby and League. It has nothing to do with "bias" you numpty.

Yes it has! It's an establishment based bias propogated by the way people like you refer to these codes. Quite simply rugbyleague is rugby league and rugby union is rugby union. They are distinguishable. Your biased against the code of rugby league is astonishing and you are a moderator on a rugby league website?! Amazing!

Pommy

Coach

What are youtalking about? If you are in the northern heartlands of England it’s rugby and union. If your in the south it’s Rugby and league, there has to be some way to distinguish between the two codes in conversation.
I’m even coming to the slow realisation that I am going to have to start using the word soccer, even though it pains me to do so.

Stallion

First Grade
What are youtalking about? If you are in the northern heartlands of England it’s rugby and union. If your in the south it’s Rugby and league, there has to be some way to distinguish between the two codes in conversation.
I’m even coming to the slow realisation that I am going to have to start using the word soccer, even though it pains me to do so.

Understand the cultural nuances. However with union being so active in violating rugby league's international recognition, I think it's appropriate that they be called rugby league and rugby union. Otherwise sly acts like what rugby union has been doing behind the scenes in the GSAIF occur. Fancy this code in rugby league not being given recognition as a sport! It's diabolical and courtesy of rugby union using its devious influence to inhibit rugby league's rightful and natural growth. A very low and despicable stance and that is where rugby union is at! I'm in the live and let live corner and when injustices are evident they should be remedied. And acknowledging such injustices are part of that process. Sitting on your hands and pontificating "thats just the way things are" will not change this unfair treatment and regard that is happening to rugby league.

Pommy

Coach
Understand the cultural nuances. However with union being so active in violating rugby league's international recognition, I think it's appropriate that they be called rugby league and rugby union. Otherwise sly acts like what rugby union has been doing behind the scenes in the GSAIF occur. Fancy this code in rugby league not being given recognition as a sport! It's diabolical and courtesy of rugby union using its devious influence to inhibit rugby league's rightful and natural growth. A very low and despicable stance and that is where rugby union is at! I'm in the live and let live corner and when injustices are evident they should be remedied. And acknowledging such injustices are part of that process. Sitting on your hands and pontificating "thats just the way things are" will not change this unfair treatment and regard that is happening to rugby league.

You can call them whatever you want but you’re not the thought police and you can’t say what other people call it.

Has rugby league met the conditions GSAIFhave laid out? I believe that not to be the case and you have so far refused to answer the question with a yes or no, non waffle answer.

Stallion

First Grade
You can call them whatever you want but you’re not the thought police and you can’t say what other people call it.

Has rugby league met the conditions GSAIFhave laid out? I believe that not to be the case and you have so far refused to answer the question with a yes or no, non waffle answer.

Pommy. I can't give you a detailed answer to that (the distunguished sports of footgolf and tabletop dancing got GSAIF recognition) But I do know it was rugby union whom put the objection into the GSAIF about rugby league being recognised as a sport! Not what I call sportsmanlike at all. But you'll think thats the way it is. I say live and let live. What's rugby union afraid of? Rugby league becoming the dominant rugby code? I suggest you read that article about South Africa again. Think your selective amnesia is coming to the fore!

Last edited:

Pommy

Coach
Pommy. I can't give you a detailed answer to that (the distunguished sports of footgolf and tabletop dancing got GSAIF recognition) But I do know it was rugby union whom put the objection into the GSAIF about rugby league being recognised as a sport! Not what I call sportsmanlike at all. But you'll think thats the way it is. I say live and let live. What's rugby union afraid of? Rugby league becoming the dominant rugby code? I suggest you read that article about South Africa again. Think your selective amnesia is coming to the fore!

So what are you complaining about if you don’t know if the sport has met the criteria for?
If union is concerned the criteria have not been met and that’s has been upheld what’s the issue?

batley

Juniors
To say that Te Kaha lives in NZ some of his comments are either a distortion of the facts or he is ignorant of the situation in NZ and dare I say other places.
League bias still exists in many schools and clubs in the South Island and parts of the North but to a lesser extent in Auckland where league holds the balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.