What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Marauders Dungeon NRLCEO League Round 21

Johns Magic

Referee
Round 20 Wrapup

Rhinos XIII 52 - 45 Lions RLFC

With this result the final 6 is settled, as the Lions tumble out of contention in what was a heartbreaking loss. A tight, low-scoring affair, the Lions had a 12 point lead going into Monday night, but were unable to hold on thanks largely to the mercurial Matt Cooper.

The two points for the Rhinos could prove very valuable in the race for a top four finish.

Bondi Beasts 62 - 64 The Maniac Marauders

This matchup was a nailbiter. The Beasts held a 20 point lead going into Monday night and would have fancied themselves to hold on, but a Ben Creagh try along with a double for Josh Dugan on the stroke of fulltime capped an amazing comeback victory for the Marauders.

The Marauders will continue to prove a thorn in the side for opposing teams over these last two rounds.

Los Bastardos 71 - 71 random. Suspects

Last week a super performance from Brett Morris on Monday night helped the Bastardos come from behind to clinch victory against the Beasts. This week Morris was handed a similar task against the Suspects, who held a 13 point lead going into Monday night. Again Morris delivered, however this time he was only able to steal a draw, with the match ending gridlocked at 71 points apiece.

Suspects' coach Perverse must be wondering how he didn't come away with the two points after Vatuvei's hat-trick, Zillman's double and Cam Smith's 18 point haul. The Suspects hold onto 2nd place for now, but the story from this match is the Bastardos officially booking themselves a spot in the finals.

Bulls 93 - 33 Orange Alpacas

This game turned out to be the blowout that was expected, as first mauled last on the ladder in an intimidating show of dominance to the rest of the competition.

Coach Griffo failed to pick a team this week, but nothing would have saved him as the Bulls posted a big total thanks largely to an outstanding Warriors' performance.

The Spare Bats 51 - 47 The Dribbling Pooches RLFC

Continuing the trend of tight finishes this week, the plucky Spare Bats came up with a gutsy win against a genuine premiership threat.

A better team performance from the Bats was the key to this victory, with several handy contributors overcoming the individual starpower of Mateo and Benji for the Pooches.

The Pooches may rue this poor performance when the first week of finals rolls around. A win here would have been extremely valuable in avoiding a sudden-death scenario in Week One.

Ladder

1. Bulls 34
2. random. Suspects 26
3. The Dribbling Pooches RLFC 24
4. Rhinos XIII 24
5. Bondi Beasts 23
6. Los Bastardos 22
---------------------------------------
7. Lions RLFC 17
8. The Maniac Marauders 14
9. The Spare Bats 10
10. Orange Alpacas 6

So this is our final top 6.

A win over the last two rounds will lock up second spot for the Suspects, but the real race will be for the top 4, with teams 3-6 all fighting it out for the comfort that the top 4 provides.

The Alpacas have locked up their second consecutive wooden spoon, barring a miracle in terms of for-and against.

Round 21 Preview

Maniac Marauders vs Los Bastardos

A tough game to pick, with both sides in good form. The Bastardos will be itching for a victory, but the Marauders have shown that they will be tough assignment for anyone over the rest of the year.

Bulls vs Rhinos

The Rhinos have the hardest hurdle of the round, taking on the rampaging Bulls. The Rhinos need to keep winning over the last two weeks to secure a high position on the ladder, but the rest of the top 6 will be cheering on the Bulls in this clash.

The Dribbling Pooches RLFC vs Lions RLFC

We'll see this week whether the Lions will pack it in now that they are out of the race for the finals, or if they will play with the pride that their supporters deserve.

The Pooches need to forget about last week and put in as a team, or the Lions will put them to the sword.

Orange Alpacas vs The Spare Bats

This battle at the foot of the ladder will be enjoyed by all spectators, as two coaches who have been unleashing friendly fire in recent weeks take each other on for nothing more than pride.

In what could be anyone's game, Todd Carney will be looking for a big performance against his former teammates.

random. Suspects vs Bondi Beasts

This game shapes as a possible finals warmup for both sides, however neither coach will be taking this week lightly.

The Suspects can seal 2nd spot with a win here, but the Beasts know that a loss will see their top 4 hopes fade.

One to watch.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All lineups for Round 21 in here, good luck all coaches.

Monk

Referee
Need two ridiculously massive wins to avoid relegation. Challenge accepted!

Big Sam

First Grade
After an agonising loss to the Rhinos in a game that went down to the wire, the Lions have bowed out of the 2011 Premiership race. A lot of soul searching will be needed in the offseason with this being the second consecutive year that the club has finished in mid-table. Members are growing restless and are starting to point the finger of blame at Coach Big Sam after some poor mid-season transfers which ultimately cost the side a play-off spot. The board have listened to the members and have launched a review of the current coaching structure at the club. It is expected that the board will make their decision on 2012's coach following Round 22.

LIONS RLFC Round 21 team to play the Dribbling Pooches RLFC

1. Josh HOFFMAN
2. Beau RYAN
3. Tim LAFAI
4. Chris MCQUEEN
5. BJ LEILUA
6. Darren LOCKYER (C)
7. Jeff ROBSON
8. Sam THAIDAY
9. Isaac LUKE
10. Luke DOUGLAS
11. Corey PARKER (K)
12. Eddy PETTYBOURNE
13. Dallas JOHNSON

14. Jesse BROMWICH
15. Ben ROSS
16. Dylan FARRELL
17. Jordan ATKINS

On his selections this week Coach Sam had this to say: "Idris has been dropped because he's done f**k all this year. So too Nightingale. And for a 1st Round Draft pick, we've been very disappointed in the incosistency of Isaac Luke throughout the year".

Franko

Juniors
Round 20 Wrapup

Rhinos XIII 52 - 45 Lions RLFC

With this result the final 6 is settled, as the Lions tumble out of contention in what was a heartbreaking loss. A tight, low-scoring affair, the Lions had a 12 point lead going into Monday night, but were unable to hold on thanks largely to the mercurial Matt Cooper.

The two points for the Rhinos could prove very valuable in the race for a top four finish.

Bondi Beasts 62 - 64 The Maniac Marauders

This matchup was a nailbiter. The Beasts held a 20 point lead going into Monday night and would have fancied themselves to hold on, but a Ben Creagh try along with a double for Josh Dugan on the stroke of fulltime capped an amazing comeback victory for the Marauders.

The Marauders will continue to prove a thorn in the side for opposing teams over these last two rounds.

Los Bastardos 71 - 71 random. Suspects

Last week a super performance from Brett Morris on Monday night helped the Bastardos come from behind to clinch victory against the Beasts. This week Morris was handed a similar task against the Suspects, who held a 13 point lead going into Monday night. Again Morris delivered, however this time he was only able to steal a draw, with the match ending gridlocked at 71 points apiece.

Suspects' coach Perverse must be wondering how he didn't come away with the two points after Vatuvei's hat-trick, Zillman's double and Cam Smith's 18 point haul. The Suspects hold onto 2nd place for now, but the story from this match is the Bastardos officially booking themselves a spot in the finals.

Bulls 93 - 33 Orange Alpacas

This game turned out to be the blowout that was expected, as first mauled last on the ladder in an intimidating show of dominance to the rest of the competition.

Coach Griffo failed to pick a team this week, but nothing would have saved him as the Bulls posted a big total thanks largely to an outstanding Warriors' performance.

The Spare Bats 51 - 47 The Dribbling Pooches RLFC

Continuing the trend of tight finishes this week, the plucky Spare Bats came up with a gutsy win against a genuine premiership threat.

A better team performance from the Bats was the key to this victory, with several handy contributors overcoming the individual starpower of Mateo and Benji for the Pooches.

The Pooches may rue this poor performance when the first week of finals rolls around. A win here would have been extremely valuable in avoiding a sudden-death scenario in Week One.

Ladder

1. Bulls 34
2. random. Suspects 26
3. The Dribbling Pooches RLFC 24
4. Rhinos XIII 24
5. Bondi Beasts 23
6. Los Bastardos 22
---------------------------------------
7. Lions RLFC 17
8. The Maniac Marauders 14
9. The Spare Bats 10
10. Orange Alpacas 6

So this is our final top 6.

A win over the last two rounds will lock up second spot for the Suspects, but the real race will be for the top 4, with teams 3-6 all fighting it out for the comfort that the top 4 provides.

The Alpacas have locked up their second consecutive wooden spoon, barring a miracle in terms of for-and against.

Round 21 Preview

Maniac Marauders vs Los Bastardos

A tough game to pick, with both sides in good form. The Bastardos will be itching for a victory, but the Marauders have shown that they will be tough assignment for anyone over the rest of the year.

Bulls vs Rhinos

The Rhinos have the hardest hurdle of the round, taking on the rampaging Bulls. The Rhinos need to keep winning over the last two weeks to secure a high position on the ladder, but the rest of the top 6 will be cheering on the Bulls in this clash.

The Dribbling Pooches RLFC vs Lions RLFC

We'll see this week whether the Lions will pack it in now that they are out of the race for the finals, or if they will play with the pride that their supporters deserve.

The Pooches need to forget about last week and put in as a team, or the Lions will put them to the sword.

Orange Alpacas vs The Spare Bats

This battle at the foot of the ladder will be enjoyed by all spectators, as two coaches who have been unleashing friendly fire in recent weeks take each other on for nothing more than pride.

In what could be anyone's game, Todd Carney will be looking for a big performance against his former teammates.

random. Suspects vs Bondi Beasts

This game shapes as a possible finals warmup for both sides, however neither coach will be taking this week lightly.

The Suspects can seal 2nd spot with a win here, but the Beasts know that a loss will see their top 4 hopes fade.

One to watch.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All lineups for Round 21 in here, good luck all coaches.

I have only just checked last weeks result. Can't believe i got hit for 6 by the bats. Bery upset and have a tough game this week.
I will need to get the boys really pumped to get going.
One again consistency has been my downfall.

_Johnsy

Referee
Top shelf JM.

Los Bastardos team named to rip the Marauders a new ass this weekend.

1. M Bowen 2. B Morris 3. K Linnett 4. B Tate 5. A Purtell 6. J Lyon Cpt & Kicker 7. R Lui
8. B Hannant 9. N Fien 10.R Packer 11.B Anasta 12. K Proctor 13.S Mannering

14. J Friend 15. D Hunt 16. D Halatau 17. B Henry

Tom155

Coach
Bulls side to face The Rhinos

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Michael Robertson
3. Jack Reed
4. Ashley Graham
5. Kevin Locke
6. Shaun Johnson
7. James Maloney (K)
8. Jason King
9. Robbie Farah (C)
10. Luke Bailey
11. Chris Houston
12. Matt Hilder
13. Paul Gallen

14. Trent Waterhouse
15. Kade Snowden
16. Kalifa Fai Fai Loa
17. Maurice Blair/Josh Mccrone/David Mead/Joel Moon

Franko

Juniors
Guys i have only one available Front rower this week. Open to all offers for a work horse front rower. Seriously consider any options.

Franko

Juniors
The pooches have fairdinkum had a near final time crisis. There have been chops and changes everywhere for this week. Players cut, players benched. Players not knowing if they are Grandma or Grandpa.

Anyway a game that is very important aims up like this.

1. Stewart
2. Simmons
3. Gasnier (C)
4. Wright
5. McManus

6. Marshall (K)
7. Evans

13. Maitua
12. Harrison
11. Mateo
10. Allgood
9. Tongue
8. Edwards

14. Smith
15. Lillyman
16. Merritt
17. Ferguson

Johns Magic

Referee
A couple more injuries last weekend, including the loss of the team's second kicker in Travis Burns, has led to a couple of changes for the Beasts this weekend.

Greg Bird comes into the backrow to fill the hole left by Ash Harrison. Steve Turner is rushed in and takes the goalkicking duties. Beau Henry was the casualty of a trade and his place has been taken by Jordan Rankin at halfback. Steve Michaels has dropped out of the squad with injury.

Bondi Beasts lineup to take on the Suspects:

1. Billy Slater
2. Steve Turner (k)
3. Justin O'Neill
4. Steve Matai
5. Akuila Uate
6. Gareth Widdop
7. Jordan Rankin
8. Tim Mannah
9. Matt Srama (c)
10. Anthony Laffranchi
11. Gareth Ellis
12. Greg Bird
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Isaac De Gois
15. Adam Blair
16. Will Hopoate
17. Daniel Vidot

Tom155

Coach
hodges scores 3 & i leave lawrence out this week and he has his best game since coming back adding to that he butchered a certain farah try when he went himself not a good start to this weekend

Big Sam

First Grade
That'd be right. Out of contention and I put up my best Friday night score of the year.

Monk

Referee
I'm fairly sure this is my best score i've put up this year, and i still have Lueky Burt to go. Cmon SpareBats! you can do it!

_Johnsy

Referee
Hi guys,

Just popped my head in before I hit the sack (working nights ATM). I have no time spare until the weekend of the 20th. I am more than happy to do the write up for that week, looks like week 24 2nd week of finals. Should be able to spend a bit of time getting something decent together as I have 5 days off (jesus do I need it).

Week 21 results
Los Bastardos 75 def Marauders 43
Rhinos 93 def Bulls 72
Lions 94 def Pooches 69
Spare bats 88 def Alpacas 64
Beasts 88 def suspects 61

Table coming into last round.
Bulls 35
randon Suspects 27
Rhinos 27
Beasts 26
Pooches 25
Bastardos 25

Lions 20
Marauders 15
Spare Bats 13
Alpacas 7

Looks like the final 6 are well & truly sorted congrats to those and commiserations to those who didn't make the finals in 2011.

Last edited:

Monk

Referee
I need a big win and for the marauders to have a big loss. Up up Sparebats!

Monk

Referee
I definitely agree, if one isn't up when i finish uni tomorrow arvo i'll try to get it done.

I wanted to cook on up during the uni holidays but you other guys kept posting them before I got a chance :(

I'll do next week too, an unbiased look at the finals (by the brilliant Monk) sounds like a good idea to me.

PS: Sorry for leaving it to the last minute, uni's been hammering me since tuesday night and i've hardly had time to sleep seeing as work keeps calling me up. Bunch of merkins :fist: