What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Marauders Dungeon NRLCEO League Round 9

Monk

Referee
Sorry it's so short guys, i had written up two of the game previews, but then i pressed the "Backspace" Key and it decided to get out of the "edit" bit. And i couldn't be bothered to start again, may take another stab tomorrow, or not.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Round 8 Scores:

Rhinos 116 vs Los Bastados 75
Lions 49 vs Bulls 70
Spare Bats 55 vs Beats 89
Alpacas 38 vs Marauders 78
Suspects 87 vs Pooches 78

Standings After Round 8

1. Bulls 17
2. Beasts 14
3. Suspects 13
4. Pooches 11
5. Rhinos 11
6. Los Bastardos 8
7. Marauders 5
8. Lions 5
9. Spare Bats 5
10. Alpaca 1

Round 9 Previews:

Game 1: Marauders vs Suspects

Game 2: Beasts vs Bulls

Game 3: Los Bastardos vs Spare Bats

Game 4: Pooches vs Rhinos

Game 5: Alpacas vs Lions

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Please Post Team Lineups, best of luck to all sides

Last edited:

Monk

Referee
Spare Bats

1 Gerard Beale
2 Antonio Winterstein
5 Jharal Yow Yeh
6 Corey Norman
7 Scott Prince
9 Matt Ballin
10 Michael Weyman
11 Shaun Fensom
12 Ryan Hinchcliffe
13 Beau Scott
14 Aaron Heremaia
15 Danny Galea

Johns Magic

Referee
thumbnail.ashx
thumbnail.ashx

Bondi Beasts

Sipping their morning coffees at a Campbell Parade cafe overlooking the shores of Bondi Beach on Friday morning, the Bondi Beasts look like a unified squad on the eve of their clash with competition frontrunners the Bulls. If there are nerves in the side they aren't showing, with halves pairing Johnathan Thurston and Gareth Widdop analysing set-plays using sugar sachets and salt and pepper shakers, and youngsters Matt Duffie and Esi Tonga both trying to chat up the same blonde waitress.

In the corner getting to know new recruit Russell Packer is Bondi coach Johns Magic, indulging himself in one of the larger Big Breakfasts the eastern suburbs has to offer.

As one would expect of a coach on a five game winning streak, Magic's demeanour is positive as he discusses the progress of the team's season.

"Yeah look, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't happy with how the boys were going," Magic says with a wry grin on his face. However quickly, his expression changes to one of seriousness, "But in saying that, the way we started the season meant we had to show this sort of form to be where we wanted to be by midway through the season. Our goal has always been to finish in the top 2 in the regular season, and we've only just clawed our way into that. One loss and we're back with the pack, we're under no illusions here."

It hasn't been all good news for the Beasts however, with the announcement that workhorse hooker Nathan Friend will be out for up to six weeks after undergoing cleanup surgery on his troublesome shoulder. As the lone hooker in the Bondi squad, the coaching staff will be sweating on his progress.

"Yeah it's the same shoulder he had fixed over the offseason and missed the first four rounds with" Magic explained. "He could still play the full 80 minutes with it, he did on Saturday night. But he wasn't going in 100% and we figured it'd be best to bite the bullet now and get him back at his best for finals time. It'll leave us with a big hole at 9 for a while, we don't have any cover there but you have to take risks with your squad and that's one we took. Friendy's injury record before this year has been first-rate so he's been a bit unfortunate."

Round 9 will be a tough one for all clubs with many players unavailable and many backing up from representative matches. The Bondi coaching staff is relatively happy with the lineup they've been able to name this week, albeit with a few holes and five players being hopefuls of backing up after rep duties on Friday night.

Tireless backrower Ash Harrison has been named skipper for the week, a role he feels comfortable with. "Definitely, I'm looking to step up my involvement to take some work off the boys backing up from Friday night," Harrison remarked when asked if he enjoyed the leadership role. "It's a real shame we won't get the chance to take the Bulls on with both teams at full-strength yet, because we reckon we have the side to knock them over. They're the benchmark at the moment and it would have been good to test ourselves against the best. Hopefully we get that chance at the business end of the year."

Bondi Beasts Lineup For Round 9:

1. Billy Slater
2. Matt Duffie
3. Steve Michaels
4. Steve Matai
5. Reece Robinson
6. Gareth Widdop
7. Johnathan Thurston (k)
8. Dan Hunt
10. Russell Packer
11. Ashley Harrison (c)
12. Gavin Cooper
13. Glenn Stewart

16. Brett Seymour
17. Esi Tonga

Coach: Johns Magic

Monk

Referee
After reading that, i dont think i will ever be able to send perverse a pm, ever...

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
1 Hohaia
2 Tony Williams
3 Cooper
4 -
5 Nielson
6 Soward (k)
7 Wallace
8 Rapira
9 McCullough
10 -
11 Watmough
12 Glenn
13 Luck (c)
14 Lowire
15 M Minnichello
16 -
17-

Not bad considering

Tom155

Coach
going well this week even with many unavailable, bulls suffered a big blow before kickoff with star frontrower & stand in captain Luke Bailey pulling out late, very happy

thank you mead, maloney, brown:)

dean young showed promising signs he's getting back to his best with a starring role & even getting on the scoresheet to avoid the nudie run at seasons end

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
lost soward and rapira on friday night. Waiting for the final diagnosis but could be looking for a new goal kicker this week

perverse

Referee
Kyle Stanley is filling in while Soward is out i believe, Tom. we can talk if you like... but i'm betting a trade between us will be nearly impossible.

abpanther

Staff member
FFS, 17 points behind tonight to the team running 2nd, I kinda liked my chances with Dugan (captain), Hopoate and Foran up against Buehrer and Picker tonight, I thought I could pull off a win. Dugan gets ruled out yet again before the game, I'm so sick of these f**ken injuries!!!

Last edited:

Tom155

Coach
82 points with 4 still to play despite my workhorse captain pulling out with no notice whatsoever very happy

poor ab cant catch a break atm reigning premiers struggling big time](*,)

abpanther

Staff member
I'm just jixed Tom, deadset, I understand injuries and accept them, I'm just sick of having guys pull out at the last minute without letting me replace them, so annoying. Oh and I've not lost Champion for a month

perverse

Referee
yeah, i got lucky given that i didn't name Vatuvei. i chose a good week to perform poorly.

things are heating up at suspects HQ, though... with Vatuvei and Henry both looking to return to the field in round 10. there's a possibility that i might get to name a full 17 sometime soon. huzzah.

abpanther

Staff member
Still looking to trade Hopoate (or another outside back) for a WH forward, if anyone is keen please PM me.

Oh and if anyone is looking for a 5/8, Luke Lewis is available, he returns from injury this week and can also slot in as a backrower

Last edited:

Latest posts