What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Marauders Dungeon NRLCEO League Round 9

abpanther

Staff member
Is it top 6 go through to the finals or top 4?

Also just wanted to run something by everyone. How do you guys feel about the position limits? Personally I don't see the point in them, I mean I understand that they are there to stop people from stockpiling certain positions, but to me anyone that did this would simply be reducing their depth at other positions, stopping them from being able to field a competitive side.

The reason I ask is because I think we should increase some of the position limit, particularly 5/8, where the limit is currently 3, however many backrowers and centres are listed as 5/8s, which can limit you from actually recruiting a genuine back up 5/8.

Thoughts?

Johns Magic

Referee
Is it top 6 go through to the finals or top 4?

Also just wanted to run something by everyone. How do you guys feel about the position limits? Personally I don't see the point in them, I mean I understand that they are there to stop people from stockpiling certain positions, but to me anyone that did this would simply be reducing their depth at other positions, stopping them from being able to field a competitive side.

The reason I ask is because I think we should increase some of the position limit, particularly 5/8, where the limit is currently 3, however many backrowers and centres are listed as 5/8s, which can limit you from actually recruiting a genuine back up 5/8.

Thoughts?

Definite no from me.

I would be more open to this idea if we were now discussing pre-drafting, but as it is, people have made squad decisions based on the restrictions.

If the restrictions were to be eliminated, it would punish those people who had managed their position limits well and reward those who had mismanaged their position limits.

You can't mess with a competition structure, which has influenced the makeups of people's squads, like that midseason IMO.

The one change I would recommend is changing the anti-tampering deadline from Round 16 to Round 18. Our league's termination count is so high that the deadline won't have affected people's termination decisions anyway, and Round 16 is way too early in a season spanning 26 weeks.

For example, the Legends of League comeptitions run by NRLCEO have a Round 19 deadline. Last year our deadline was definitely later than Round 16.

Round 16 is abnormally early IMO, and changing it won't be unfair on anyone as far as I can tell.

Latest posts