What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Memorable Eels Games Thread

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
This is a friggen great thread. What about the time we beat the Lions at Parramatta. I think everyone was there that night.

Dibs

Bench
In 2001 I went to anz in Brisbane and tried to pick a fight with 30 odd thousand Broncos fans. It all started early when we made a break and only Lockyer was left to beat. I yelled out "he is a twinkie he can't tackle"
He actually made the tackle and this Irish bloke in front turns around and says "twinkie is he"?
I replied " just because he made a tackle doesn't mean he doesn't take dick up his ass". This upset the Irish dude who wanted to fight, however I was to busy cheering because we had scored on the next play. The Irish dude says "well enjoy it because you won't get another". We scored in the set from the kick off much to my delight. I certainly let him know about it. After this he pretty much shut up for the rest of the game.
I can't remember the score but we won comfortably. As we were leaving the stadium I was giving it to all the broncos fans when one said "yeah well we are still on top of the ladder". This made me laugh harder as these arrogant Queensland merkins couldn't be bothered checking the ladder.
I told this merkin "well aren't you going to be disappointed in the morning when you read your stupid little courier mail and realize that win had put us on top of the ladder". There was sort of a shocked silence then and a few bullshits were heard but it was true.
The reason this game is memorable to me was even though I'd been an eels supporter for at least 20 years at that stage, I had lived in a remote mining town since I was 10 years old and had never seen my beloved eels play live before. I couldn't have asked for a better first match.
I did learn something important that night though and that is it is not always appropriate to yell out at a live match what you might scream at the tv.

Gronk

Staff member
The injury hit Tits game on Friday reminds me of a game at Parra when we played a near reserve grade StG side.

They ambushed us and we of course thought we had it in the bag.

One of the most shocking losses I have witnessed.

Anyone remember the year ?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The injury hit Tits game on Friday reminds me of a game at Parra when we played a near reserve grade StG side.

They ambushed us and we of course thought we had it in the bag.

One of the most shocking losses I have witnessed.

Anyone remember the year ?
2004 i think Gronky, terrible night watched the game with a few mates and one was a Dragons supporter. I nearly put one on his chin with about 20 mins to go.

Last edited:
2004 i think Gronky, terrible night watched the game with a few mates and one was a Dragons supporter. I nearly put one on his chin with about 20 mins to go.
This was the game that the supporters threw their jerseys on to the field at fulltime. Only highlight for me was I watched it from a corporate box after winning a promo at Mounties.

lingard

Coach
I will always remember the revenge match vs the cheats in 2010 ... terrible day, pissing rain - kept the crowd down, but it was still an electric atmosphere

Yep. I've seen a lot of Parramatta games over the years (going back to 1964) but for some reason that game against Melbourne is my favourite of all time. We were so unlucky to lose the '09 Grand Final in my opinion, and this game was like 'yeah, f**k you, we're the real champions here'. Parramatta weren't playing well leading up to this game, but they just lifted for it. It was incredible. The atmosphere at the game must have been unforgettable. I listened to it on the radio and could feel the electricity.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
One of my memorable Eels games happened on my 16th birthday, Leichhart Oval 2001. I been to this ground a couple of times and walked away empty handed, no matter where the Tigers (both Wests Tigers and Balmain) are on the ladder it seemed like a hard place to play there.

But on this occasion, we came out of the blocks 100 miles an hour. Tries to Moodie, Cayless, Solomona and Taylor. I think the half time score was 30-0. Taylor kicked 11 from 11 that day, everything was just perfect that day. Full time score was 66-12.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Looking back at my post, that's probably one of the reasons Taylor was sacked. They haven't forgiven him since that day lol.

T.S Quint

Coach
2009 Preliminary Final.
Beating the Dogs to get into the Grand Final in front of 75,000 people.

Doesn't get more memorable than that.

emjaycee

Coach
I remember a game I went to when I was 13. I think it was at the SCG in late September.
We were up by 1 at half-time and went on to win by 9 points.
Brett Kenny scored 2 tries from memory and the Crow kicked 4/6.
I sat on a wooden bench at the fence behind the tryline (near the corner post).
Best game EVER!!!

Gronk

Staff member
I remember a game I went to when I was 13. I think it was at the SCG in late September.
Best game EVER!!!

If you were sitting in the eastern Bradman stand corner, then I was there with you.

I got there at 3am with my Dad to line up.

Best game EVER!!!

That would also be right next to "Neville Glover's Corner"? In front of the Paddington Hill?

emjaycee

Coach
If you were sitting in the eastern Bradman stand corner, then I was there with you.

I got there at 3am with my Dad to line up.
That would also be right next to "Neville Glover's Corner"? In front of the Paddington Hill?

My brother and I and some mates slept out from the Friday night in the old lane that ran down from Moore Park Rd to the Bradman Stand entrance. We were about in the first 100 into the ground when the gates opened. The old man came in and stayed on the Saturday night. Once the gates opened we bolted to the southern end (Randwick end?) and our seats were on the south eastern corner near the old score board. Currently around Bay 13 I guess.

My brother and I and some mates slept out from the Friday night in the old lane that ran down from Moore Park Rd to the Bradman Stand entrance. We were about in the first 100 into the ground when the gates opened. The old man came in and stayed on the Saturday night. Once the gates opened we bolted to the southern end (Randwick end?) and our seats were on the south eastern corner near the old score board. Currently around Bay 13 I guess.

Ahh, in front of the old Hill. Sat about there for the 86 SofO decider.

I sat in the Paddo Hill for the 79 grand final (Dogs v St George)....my dad bought tickets for a bus trip from Coffs to the GF and back. The trip home was delayed coz some old merkin puked in the bus toilet, then flushed and only then realised that he'd flushed his dentures onto the highway somewhere near Buladelah. They actually went back and got people to search for the teeth.