What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The merry-go-around begins

Shredder

Juniors
So I just heard that Myles has been released by Manly to join the storm immediatly - perhaps an early salary cap clearing move?

It may have just begun.

Chooks have also released SKD. Looks like the drugs thing is also the same as above. No hard drugs in his system is the word after the tests. Just using it as an excuse.

Its interesting times ahead.

leaguelegend21

Juniors
I'd take SKD. Apparently he took a drug test to prove that the coke he was caught with he was only holding for a friend. A stupid merkin nonetheless but I wouldn't mind him at the Tiges on the cheap.

Shredder

Juniors
Is that right 05?

Like whom? That are off contract?

Im not talking about this year - this year is a right off.

Clifferd

Coach
We still have a massive job signing wise - apparently we still have 10-12 spots to fill?

We can't wait too long otherwise we would be scraping from the bottom of the barrell

Shredder

Juniors
Cliff, by my count we have 5 spots left and plenty of cash in the bank.
Given how the team has come / is coming together I would like to see two regular first grade forwards and three depth forwards.
Looks like for once, we will already have some good depth in the backs next year.

Clifferd

Coach
Given how the team has come / is coming together I would like to see two regular first grade forwards and three depth forwards.
Looks like for once, we will already have some good depth in the backs next year.

Hmmm maybe our spree has been bigger than I thought haha

I will literally cringe if I see more back signings though. Our forward depth is looking a little thin so hopefully atleast 3/4 of our remaining signings are forwards

Radical Rat

Juniors
There was talk of us making an offer for Brenton Lawrence as Manly have given him permission to look around.

IMO he'd be a very handy bloke for our prop rotation. Just have to keep him on the park.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Yep we definitely need more quality forwards as @ the moment we don't have sufficient no.of forwards for us to b a genuine finals contender in'18.

We should obviously improve markedly due to the shrewd recruits & an off season under IC but for us to massively improve our ability to make the 8 next yr our forward depth is still a concern !

Shredder

Juniors
For forwards we are OK with run on - but its the same story of our bench then letting us now.

Someone like Brenton Lawrence would be outstanding.

Given we will probably continue to go with two hookers and that we signed Twal who will get some game time, that means we still have two bench forward spots.

Clifferd

Coach
We might need another quality prop imo

if PAcker goes down long term I fear we could be in the shits, and having to ask Tatola/Twal/Felise step up would be a big ask

In that case Ava Fun guy would have been pretty useful to hold onto

Shredder

Juniors
Yep - Im calling 2 to cover injuries. (at least we wont need to cover origin anymore).
Im also hoping that Sue steps up with a more quality pack around him.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I'm very interested in seeing how some of the state cup forwards go when given a chance in the NRL like Eisenhuth this week & Tatola hopefully soon.

Vozzy

Juniors
That big forward for Melbourne Solomona is off contract wpuld be great off the bench.

Shredder

Juniors
Im looking forward to our youngsters coming through as well. I just want to be competitive next year and also, Im kinda sick of hearing the word "potential" used around our team

Shredder

Juniors
TT I think it doesnt always start like that. I mean, Lawrence has been nothing but a clubman. Benji was fine for years.

Its just this current lot.