What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The merry-go-around begins

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I thought SKD was charged with possession.

I don't want him here even if he was clean. he has poor hands, his leap is poorly timed nowadays, he's slow and for his size, he's a poor defender.

May as well sign Richards again

Tigerm

First Grade
DONE DEALS

Josh Reynolds — Bulldogs to Wests Tigers

Ben Matulino — Warriors to Wests Tigers

Russell Packer — Dragons to Wests Tigers

Aaron Woods — Wests Tigers to Bulldogs

Kieran Foran — Warriors to Bulldogs

Jack Bird — Cronulla to Broncos (until 2020 with player option for 2021)

Ben Hunt — Broncos to Dragons (five-year deal with player option)

Chris McQueen — Titans to Tigers (three-year deal)

Tohu Harris — Storm to Warriors (four-year deal)

Jordan McLean — Storm to Cowboys (three-year deal)

Korbin Sims — Knights to Broncos (immediate release until end of 2018)

Kalyn Ponga — Cowboys to Knights (five-year deal)

Semi Radradra — Eels to rugby (end of season)

Ava Seumanufagai — Wests Tigers to Sharks

James Tedesco — Wests Tigers to Roosters

Fa’amanu Brown — Sharks to Bulldogs (until 2019)

Leivaha Pulu — Titans to Warriors (until 2020)

Mahe Fonua — Hull FC to Tigers (until 2019),

Corey Thompson — Wigan to Tigers (until 2019)

Cooper Cronk — Storm to unknown (released at the end of the season),

Dean Britt — Storm to Rabbitohs (until 2019)

Aidan Guerra — Roosters to Knights (until 2020)

Dane Gagai — Knights to Rabbitohs (until end of 2021)

Semi Radradra — Eels to French rugby

Alex Twal — Eels to Tigers

Kane Evans — Roosters to Eels (until 2020)

Andy Saunders — Panthers to Bulldogs (Immediate release until end of 2017)

Bryson Goodwin — Rabbitohs to Leigh (until 2019)

Josh Dugan — Dragons to Sharks (until 2021)

Taane Milne — Dragons to Tigers (until 2019 with option)

Toafofoa Sipley — Warriors to Sea Eagles (until 2019)

Nate Myles — Sea Eagles to Storm (immediate release)

simmo05

Bench
I thought SKD was charged with possession.

I don't want him here even if he was clean. he has poor hands, his leap is poorly timed nowadays, he's slow and for his size, he's a poor defender.

May as well sign Richards again
At least richards can do a massive drop out!

BrotherJim05

Bench
Tim Grant will likely take up his option to stay with us. That means Felise, Twal, Eisenhuth will all be in state cup as depth for FR, then For back row you only have Aloai, Marsters,and MCK (if his future is in BR) as depth

So yeah I agree that one more forward (has to be a back rower) is necessary

leaguelegend21

Juniors
I used to think Grant was a dud but now I like him and home he stays. One more bench back rower for next year would be great. Our hooking conundrum keeps me awake at night. Liddle or Mckilwrick... Jesus!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
My concern is the drop in quality from our starting forwards, especially props, and the bench/depth.

We really need to start giving young forwards some decent game time this year to test their ability.

Shredder

Juniors
Agreed MU - although it does seem like Ivan is doing that.

It really looks quite methodical the way he has gone through things.
1. He pulled all offers so he could assess everyone.
2. Make the offers to our stars
3. Watched our starting 25 play for a few weeks.
4. Found players in the open market to fill our holes.
5 and is now playing some young guys off the bench the last week or two.

Hes obviously a list guy....

leaguelegend21

Juniors
We need to decide if Sue and Aiolai are props or back rowers long term. Whichever they aren't, buy forwards in the opposite decision. I like them both as props so I think we should buy another 2row.

BrotherJim05

Bench
We need to decide if Sue and Aiolai are props or back rowers long term. Whichever they aren't, buy forwards in the opposite decision. I like them both as props so I think we should buy another 2row.

Sue is definitely not a back rower. I thought he would be a damaging back rower for a while but given how he played at the start of the year I reckon his future is coming off the bench as an impact prop.

Aloai is the opposite, he plays much better in the 2nd row and doesn't quite have the size and/or aggression for the middle. He just needs to get his workrate up and he could be a very good 2nd rower

Tiger05

First Grade
I think Sue and Aloai are much better props but Aloai can handle the edge better than Sue. I'd play them both as props.

Shredder

Juniors
Im hoping we replace the both of them.....

We should be able to find better.

Having said that, Im willing to be open minded for next year - perhaps surrounded by better players they might lift.

Tiger05

First Grade
I'm happy to see Sue go but Aloiai to me is on the path to becoming a quality first grader. He has killed it at times. He just hasn't been consistent but I think moving him to the edge and then back to the middle hasn't helped.

I honestly reckon playing him as a bench prop or lock for 20-40 minutes a game in a Taupau role and he will kill it.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Why all this hate for Sue? He has been solid as an impact prop for a while. He rarely gets dominated in tackles, runs and hits hard.

Tiger05

First Grade
Why all this hate for Sue? He has been solid as an impact prop for a while. He rarely gets dominated in tackles, runs and hits hard.

I don't hate him and he can be good up the middle. The problem is that I've seen him fall off tackles that need to be made. If ET is in that spot he makes those tackles.

Sue hasn't kicked on or fixed those problems in his game.

Vozzy

Juniors
These days teams having 3 starting front rowers 1 of them playing 13 and 2 more on the bench. I really hope we start with Matulino Packer and Twal and move Taylor to bench or second row. Everyone else has a big bopper at 13 these days and 2 props off the bench we have 3 small back rowers and 3 small back rowers coming off bench.

Like Souths have Sam burgess, sharks have gallon, dragons De Belin parra play nathan brown at 13 we are small compared to a lot of packs cos of thus.

Tiger05

First Grade
Vozzy - I'm okay with ET at lock but we need a tonne of players around him and off the bench that are going to dent the line. ET doesn't do that. The problem with moving him to the edge is that he isn't a dynamic runner. Look at Souths last night. Crichton killed them and their other backrower was great as well.

I think wherever ET plays we are going to have the problem of having a forward who isn't a dynamic runner of the footy.

I should add that I think ET is basically our best forward including Woods. He just plays consistent high quality footy. I also think next year assuming he stays he will be our best forward.

Our pack to me is a concern next year. I think it's better than this year but primarily because Woods is gone. I think Ava is great but Woods to me has very little positive impact on our results week in and week out. He is slow and his play the ball is really bad. I'd be surprised if he didn't have the slowest play the ball in the comp amongst all prop forwards. The problem is McQueen and Lawrence are decent but not dynamic players. If we had a dynamic edge backrower then I think we'd be good.

Latest posts