What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The MMA Thread

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
I may be in the minority but as much as the rivalry intrigues me I don't find DC's fights entertaining at all.

He's very good at what he does and I can appreciate it but I just can't pumped for one of his fights.
Yeah I get where you're coming from but there is just something about a chubby bloke who should be getting knocked out by all the beasts he is up against, always getting the win (except against Jones)

I know that DC is a beast himself but it Kinda gives us all hope lol

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
The welterweight title fight between Woodley and Maia and the Lawler vs Cowboy fight is a bit lost in all the DC Jones headlines.

Will be a sick card. Chuck in cyborg too

Jono078

Referee
No one commenting on the biggest UFC of the year?

Andre Fili cost me 2.5k in my 8 leg multi.

Cormier and Jones both went for it. Jones is the GOAT.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
No one commenting on the biggest UFC of the year?

Andre Fili cost me 2.5k in my 8 leg multi.

Cormier and Jones both went for it. Jones is the GOAT.
Spewing. Lucky for me I had Jones for the KO at $5..

I actually thought DC was winning and was a chance of finishing Jones after he lit him up in the second round. But Jones showed why he's the GOAT and p4p best.

Thoughts on the Woodley fight? Thought Dana was pretty rough on him, Maia is a killer and Tyron did pretty well to stop 25 or so takedowns

Jono078

Referee
Here's the thing with Woodley. He's playing chess matches out there and he's done really well and you can't fault any of his actions or strategies - they're getting him the results.

The thing that infuriates you about Woodley is, you know if he starts putting together some combinations and moves forward he'll probably destroy Maia and end the fight with something that ends up on the highlight reel. He plays too safe which the majority don't appreciate.

It's since been revealed he tore his labrum in the first round which would've made it very difficult for him, but I saw many opportunities he would have had to end the fight if he wanted to but just didn't, and that's a little frustrating.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Reports coming out Jon Jones has apparently tested positive for steroids again! what a f*cknuckle this bloke has proven to be.

One of the greatest fighters ever but if there wasn't an asterisk next to his name there will be forever now... could be his career done at least with the UFC I don't think they need this shit constantly tarnishing their name.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
The asterisk next to his name is seriously becoming huge.

These new owners must be thinking wtf have we got ourselves into

shiznit

Coach
It's seriously f**king geniused...

I'm abit skeptical because I just can't see someone being that f**king stupid.

With everything that he's come through I just find it f**king crazy that he would do it again... and so quickly.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
It's seriously f**king geniused...

I'm abit skeptical because I just can't see someone being that f**king stupid.

With everything that he's come through I just find it f**king crazy that he would do it again... and so quickly.
Sadly its a positive test from the actual fight

Jono078

Referee
so does this raise questions about his GOAT status?
Absolutely.

It's a damn shame because I think he was well on his way, if not already, the G.O.A.T.

It really sucks and it's a huge waste. Like Dana said, if all this stuff didn't happen, he could have been along McGregor at the top and earning some huge money.

mozza91

Coach
I think it's a good conversation to have...

But then if he isn't... does it revert back to Anderson?? Who's also tested positive for PED's.

Maybe GSP now...
Mighty Mouse had his 11 consecutive successful title defence today so surely he's in the discussion. It's still Fedor for mine though.