What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The MMA Thread

ebbedfred

Bench
FMD- 3 fights from the card now cancelled simply because Conor has to defend Artem's honour, shame he's not as quick to defend a title.

shiznit

Coach
I really feel bad for the guys affected... that seriously sucks...

I hope they get themselves some of that MayweatherMcGregor money.

But I gotta agree with Nate here...

Khabib got punked... :joy::joy:

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
I really feel bad for the guys affected... that seriously sucks...

I hope they get themselves some of that MayweatherMcGregor money.

But I gotta agree with Nate here...

Khabib got punked... :joy::joy:
LOL how did Khabib get punked??

Coz he wasn't able to get off the bus when there were 20 merkins throwing God knows what at a bus which had women inside? The bus was moving and trying to get out, and do you reckon that the officials on the bus would have even let him out?

If he really wanted a confrontation (which it's obvious he didn't), he would have waited for khabib to be in open air somewhere.

The fact is they both had confrontations when the other person was outnumbered. Khabib outnumbered Artem, and conor outnumbered khabib with the bus thing.

Dumb shit from mcgregor, by all reports the girls were pretty shaken up, you could imagine Pat Barry would have been raging after seeing Rose so upset about it. Not on

shiznit

Coach
LOL how did Khabib get punked??

Coz he wasn't able to get off the bus when there were 20 merkins throwing God knows what at a bus which had women inside? The bus was moving and trying to get out, and do you reckon that the officials on the bus would have even let him out?

If he really wanted a confrontation (which it's obvious he didn't), he would have waited for khabib to be in open air somewhere.

The fact is they both had confrontations when the other person was outnumbered. Khabib outnumbered Artem, and conor outnumbered khabib with the bus thing.

Dumb shit from mcgregor, by all reports the girls were pretty shaken up, you could imagine Pat Barry would have been raging after seeing Rose so upset about it. Not on
If he was truly about that life he would have jumped out of that bus as soon as he knew Conor was out there.

Remembering just a day earlier he slapped Artem when he had all his boys around him and asked him where Conor is...

Now Conor turns up and he hides in the bus... :joy::joy:

I have no doubt Khabib did the right thing career wise... and Conor made one of the dumbest career moves ever...

But amongst boys... Khabib got punked... he started this shit... and pussyied out when it got real.

Conor flew half way around the world to back up his boy... f**king childish and stupid for his career... but as far as the man code goes... he did the right thing.

Khabib looks like a bitch now... he did the right thing by the UFC because he has a fight coming up... but It still made him look like a bitch...

It is what it is...

myrrh ken

First Grade
Big part of me reckons this was some cheap marketing stunt, if not by the UFC than by McGregor himself.

Lets see what the fallout is, but I doubt hes going to get convicted of any serious criminal charges.

The UFC is not going to kick him out, just strip his title. So they can then market the hell out of his return to the ring and battle to get it back.

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
If he was truly about that life he would have jumped out of that bus as soon as he knew Conor was out there.

Remembering just a day earlier he slapped Artem when he had all his boys around him and asked him where Conor is...

Now Conor turns up and he hides in the bus... :joy::joy:

I have no doubt Khabib did the right thing career wise... and Conor made one of the dumbest career moves ever...

But amongst boys... Khabib got punked... he started this shit... and pussyied out when it got real.

Conor flew half way around the world to back up his boy... f**king childish and stupid for his career... but as far as the man code goes... he did the right thing.

Khabib looks like a bitch now... he did the right thing by the UFC because he has a fight coming up... but It still made him look like a bitch...

It is what it is...

Do you really expect Khabib to jump out of the bus to get jumped by 10 guys 48 hours before he fights for the lightweight title? Just because he is a porffesional fighter should mean he is expcted to fight 10 guys at once with no regards for his safety.

Conor has had multiple chances to fight Khabib if he wants him so badly including this weekend. I dont see how rocking up with a large group of mates throwing shit at a bus with women on it and injuring 2 fighters makes you some kind of gangsta/badass. It makes you a criminal. McGregor will probably end up with an assault charge and he deserves the many lawsuits coming his way

ebbedfred

Bench
No way it makes Khabib look like a bitch, not even close. It makes Conor look like a coward, a thug.

I definitely think it’s part of a plan from Conor to drum up media attention and huge $$$ when they fight.

ebbedfred

Bench
The UFC is not going to kick him out, just strip his title. So they can then market the hell out of his return to the ring and battle to get it back.

Well they were already stripping his title but you’re right, no way they sack him, it would free him up to fight elsewhere, or even for himself, it would only cost the UFC money, not Conor.

The interesting one though is Artem, the UFC don’t need him, and plenty of better fighters have been sacked for less, but does he get a reprieve because he’s Conor’s buddy? I don’t think they can sack him but not Conor for being in the same incident? But if it was just Artem he probably does get his contract torn up?

shiznit

Coach
Do you really expect Khabib to jump out of the bus to get jumped by 10 guys 48 hours before he fights for the lightweight title? Just because he is a porffesional fighter should mean he is expcted to fight 10 guys at once with no regards for his safety.

Conor has had multiple chances to fight Khabib if he wants him so badly including this weekend. I dont see how rocking up with a large group of mates throwing shit at a bus with women on it and injuring 2 fighters makes you some kind of gangsta/badass. It makes you a criminal. McGregor will probably end up with an assault charge and he deserves the many lawsuits coming his way
Remembering that Khabib started it the day before... he decided to gang up on Artem and slap him when the guy was by himself.

Now the tables are turned and he pussied out...

As I said... it was the responsible move by Khabib... but it was also the bitch move...

It is what it is...

shiznit

Coach
No way it makes Khabib look like a bitch, not even close. It makes Conor look like a coward, a thug.

I definitely think it’s part of a plan from Conor to drum up media attention and huge $$$ when they fight.
It was clearly a bitch move...

You bully a guy when he’s all in his own when all your boys are with you...

Then when the tables are turned you hide...

That sounds more like a coward to me...

shiznit

Coach
I love how Dana is talking about how disgusted and terrible this all is... but he ain’t doing shit.

When Paul Daley hits Koscheck after the bell Dana was telling the world that Daley was cut with hours... :joy::joy:

Artem is BARELY a UFC fighter imo... When you see a guy like Ben Askren can’t get a gig in the UFC you know Artem is only there because of Conor.

ebbedfred

Bench
It was clearly a bitch move...

You bully a guy when he’s all in his own when all your boys are with you...

Then when the tables are turned you hide...

That sounds more like a coward to me...
Khabib confronts a guy who is calling him a coward? It’s not like he chased down Artem, Artem calls him a coward whilst he’s walking past. Khabib’s team didn’t bully him, in fact they probably prevented things from escalating

shiznit

Coach
Khabib confronts a guy who is calling him a coward? It’s not like he chased down Artem, Artem calls him a coward whilst he’s walking past. Khabib’s team didn’t bully him, in fact they probably prevented things from escalating
They chased him down... it’s all on video...

And he is a coward... that fact was made very clear to everyone today when he hid behind the ladies at the back of the bus.

I just wish Conor cared as much about defending his f**king belts as he does his f**king mates...

ebbedfred

Bench
They chased him down... it’s all on video...

And he is a coward... that fact was made very clear to everyone today when he hid behind the ladies at the back of the bus.

I just wish Conor cared as much about defending his f**king belts as he does his f**king mates...

Definitely agree with the last part.

I think if things were the other way around, Conor and his mates physically attack Khabib. Artem got away with a small slap. Khabibs team definitely start grabbing weapons.

I don’t hate Conor, I really enjoy watching him fight, and usually like his “antics”, I just think this crossed the line badly.

shiznit

Coach
Ohh I love Conor... always have...

And don’t get me wrong... it might sound like i am... but im actually not defending his actions... it was stupid... and childish...

And he’s gonna suffer some serious consequences when he quite rightly gets sued by everyone who’s been affected by it.

Not to mention any possible suspensions and even any visa issues he may have because he’s not a US national.

All I’m doing is just pointing out why he would do such dumb shit... I’ve done similar things with my boys growing up...

mind you... I was about 5 years younger than Conor, i didn’t have a child and i was worth about 150M less than he is... but I do remember the bro code...

ebbedfred

Bench
mind you... I was about 5 years younger than Conor, i didn’t have a child and i was worth about 150M less than he is... but I do remember the bro code...

You mean you never got to hop on your private jet and fly half way around the world at the drop of a hat to get in a scuffle? Bro, you haven’t lived! LOL

One thing is for sure, Conor vs Khabib in either Russia or Ireland would be the craziest atmosphere in UFC history.