What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Moylan Files

pantherz9103

First Grade
Goodbye Moylan. People like to remember his matchwinning plays and potential he showed at 5/8 in the few games he played for us in that position, but also don't forget about the dud plays like the wild pass that was intercepted by Souffs and they went on to thump us and other such costly mistakes. Most of the later wins in our season were without Moylan and we're getting a two time grand final winning player in return.

Having said that I'm sad to see a local and club captain leave but he wasn't happy and the deal is done now.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
I’m still stunned at the number of posters here who refuse to pin our shit attack on Griffin despite game after game of the same shit plays but who then are happy to blame the shipping of 40 points in a game on a single shit pass in the 14th minute.

martielang

Bench
Billy, what are you talking about. Who has said Griffin isn't to blame for our stuttering attack? I think even his staunchest supporters, including myself, think we need A LOT of improvement in that area.

Blaming Moylan for a stupid play in a crucial part of the game & pinning our whole years' attack deficiencies on him are two very different things.

Kilkenny

Coach
I’m still stunned at the number of posters here who refuse to pin our shit attack on Griffin despite game after game of the same shit plays but who then are happy to blame the shipping of 40 points in a game on a single shit pass in the 14th minute.

I don't think there are too many posters either on here or the greater majority of fans generally who are happy with our offensive structure and sets plays.

I think we'll see some changes for the better in 2018 and I think James Maloney while a totally different player to Matt Moylan may compliment our attack and make us a better side overall. At the very least he offers an effective alternative kicking option, particularly late in the tackle count and this will take some of the pressure off Nathan Cleary and give our opposition some else to think about.

franklin2323

Immortal
Billy, what are you talking about. Who has said Griffin isn't to blame for our stuttering attack? I think even his staunchest supporters, including myself, think we need A LOT of improvement in that area.

Blaming Moylan for a stupid play in a crucial part of the game & pinning our whole years' attack deficiencies on him are two very different things.

Spot on. A coach alone doesn't fix our attack but things like continually changing the team around.
Not training a back up half over the off season.
Not picking TMM after all that off season training
No set moves is all coaching

However a few games in the after match presser Moylan said we have to follow game plan. He was asked after the Bathurst game what changed he said ' We played to straight and followed the game plan' the coach can't control what the players do out there.
Also Cleary getting tackled on the 4th so we have no kicker on the 5th is all the players

So Yep it is a combined effort to fix the attack

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Jimmy improves any attack he plays in.

His defense is not as bad as people make out, but the penalties they hurt.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors

On ya Bill... I knew you wouldnt let the team down.

franklin2323

Immortal
He’ll need to get in quick if he wants to give away Penalties on our team. We have a long list of serial offenders in that department.

I said elsewhere. Given the age of the Sharks and the want to slow the play down lot of that might of been tactics. We like up tempo game so it might not happen this year

I said elsewhere. Given the age of the Sharks and the want to slow the play down lot of that might of been tactics. We like up tempo game so it might not happen this year
Maloney has the reputation and its unshakable at this point in his career. He does some incredibly dumb things on a football field

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Maloney has the reputation and its unshakable at this point in his career. He does some incredibly dumb things on a football field

That’s nonsense... I didn’t even know he gave away a lot of penalties until this whole saga unfolded.

He also has a reputation for taking his team to grand finals. That’s an actual reputation... if he gives away some penalties along the way, so be it.

OldPanther

Coach
I really hate how there's two opposing sides in here. I agree with some people some of the time and others, well other times.