What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Moylan Files

franklin2323

Immortal
That’s nonsense... I didn’t even know he gave away a lot of penalties until this whole saga unfolded.

He also has a reputation for taking his team to grand finals. That’s an actual reputation... if he gives away some penalties along the way, so be it.

This is the thing how was the penalties at Roosters and Warriors when he was there?

franklin2323

Immortal
It was bad at the Roosters but they seem to be a team who uses it as a tactic so it might not be on him.
It's why I will reserve judgement. Bottom line for me is we seem to lose our way out there. Not just attacking the line but things like Cleary playing the ball on the 5th tackle.

That stuff isn't a coaching issue the fact he has played in 3 GF under 3 different coaches means he can adapt. we lack a plan B, C and so on if we don't get quick play the balls.

That is where he will be good

OldPanther

Coach

I'm pretty happy we are getting him. If we'd lost Moylan and had to rely on a rookie it would have been a disaster.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
The best thing about Moylan going and Griffin being re-sign is seeing the tears it brings from the likes of you

Well, the “best thing” to come from it certainly won’t be winning a premiership, so I’m glad you have something small to masturbate to.

mxlegend99

Referee
I'm pretty happy we are getting him. If we'd lost Moylan and had to rely on a rookie it would have been a disaster.
It still could be.

Our big signings tend to fail to deliver on what they are paid to do. The worst defender and most penalised player being added to an ill disciplined roster like ours could be a huge disaster.

Like any signing theres potential that a new club can fix his issues. I just cant see Hook having the ability to hide a players flaws and work to his strengths.

We will desperately need Whare to get back to his defensive best and to try and hide Maloney between Yeo and Whare. Hopefully thats our left edge

OldPanther

Coach
It still could be.

Our big signings tend to fail to deliver on what they are paid to do. The worst defender and most penalised player being added to an ill disciplined roster like ours could be a huge disaster.

Like any signing theres potential that a new club can fix his issues. I just cant see Hook having the ability to hide a players flaws and work to his strengths.

We will desperately need Whare to get back to his defensive best and to try and hide Maloney between Yeo and Whare. Hopefully thats our left edge

He seems to go alright year one of a new club so 2018 should be alright at least. From all the talk of Griffin he is suppose to be able to coach defense so no idea what the go is with us.

Exsilium

First Grade
The decision to allow Moylan to leave was always going to be a sore point and it would divide the fans but I have always maintained that the clubs new direction of placing emphasis on committment, training, improvement and learning (off field) would always trump pure talent.

He is a talented footballer. He will likely do better at the sharks and it will come down to their game structure and style of football.

If we get Maloney we will be better off. Debatable for some but Maloney is a professional who has been winning football games and leading teams for years. He has a resume that proves it.

For all his negatives we are gaining a wonderful footballer who brings with him a culture of winning, talent and football intelligence.

I'll miss Moylans clutch plays but those were few and far between average perfomances. We need a leader in the halves and we got one of the best in the business.

OldPanther

Coach
The decision to allow Moylan to leave was always going to be a sore point and it would divide the fans but I have always maintained that the clubs new direction of placing emphasis on committment, training, improvement and learning (off field) would always trump pure talent.

He is a talented footballer. He will likely do better at the sharks and it will come down to their game structure and style of football.

If we get Maloney we will be better off. Debatable for some but Maloney is a professional who has been winning football games and leading teams for years. He has a resume that proves it.

For all his negatives we are gaining a wonderful footballer who brings with him a culture of winning, talent and football intelligence.

I'll miss Moylans clutch plays but those were few and far between average perfomances. We need a leader in the halves and we got one of the best in the business.

I'd feel better if they'd give the official confirmation. The suspense is the worst part. Also hope Jimmy and Nathan get plenty of time together with the internationals being a distraction and all. The combination will be an important one.

Black Diamond

Juniors
I'd feel better if they'd give the official confirmation. The suspense is the worst part. Also hope Jimmy and Nathan get plenty of time together with the internationals being a distraction and all. The combination will be an important one.
I agree, it is dragging on. However, this clip sounds positive, Jimmy has already purchased a house in Penrith apparently

Exsilium

First Grade

I think they will compliment each other well. Defences won’t push up as much when both our playmakers are noted runners and passers.

With Cleary it was too simple to defend.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
But would not make your side anymore.....

He will make ours, maybe 6 maybe 1, depends on other factors.

Latest posts