What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The new stadium - Skilled Park

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Just a couple of new pics shamelessly stolen from the official Titans forum.

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

Looking good!

crouching_tiger

Juniors
Well hopefully Skilled Stadium is ready for the trials clash between the Titans vs Tigers....otherwise i will be watching this game in Tweed Heads.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Hi all a friend of mine works for the sports minister and has advised me that a press release came out late today saying that skilled park has now gone from 25,000 seats to 27,000. It says that they have saved money on the building and have found room for another 2,000 seats. This is good news as i always thought will there be enough room so the more seats the better.

Wow, great news.

Eelectrica

Referee
Great news on the increased seating.
Totally looking forward to being a Titans season holder again next year and watching the NRL in our new stadium.

Scorpio30

Bench
I have a sh*tload of various photos from weekly site visits....if I knew how to post them, Id give you changing rooms, commentators room, function rooms and all sorts of either interior shots.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Scorpio30 said:
I have a sh*tload of various photos from weekly site visits....if I knew how to post them, Id give you changing rooms, commentators room, function rooms and all sorts of either interior shots.

Upload them to www.imageshack.us or a similar site and then post them here. Looking forward to your pics!

crouching_tiger

Juniors
a 27K capacity sounds close to perfect for the Titans. Any less and i would start to wonder on sold out games and punters missing out during local derbies or finals games. On the other hand if it was around the 30K+ mark it would become a hollow shell for a lot of matches throughout the season. Also of note it seems like the curved roof is an idea that they use in the UK for sound to echo directly back into the field which creates an unsurpassed atmosphere.
Anyone know what the capacity of Carrara was and the average crowd attendances for season 2007 were?

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
crouching_tiger said:
Anyone know what the capacity of Carrara was and the average crowd attendances for season 2007 were?
http://www.titans.com.au/?mod=stadium&type=attendance

Attendance

Thank you to all of our members and supporters who hvae supported the Jetstar Gold Coast Titans in our inaugural year. The crowd numbers for the 2007 home season are displayed below and equate to an average of of 21,544 - the second highest in the NRL.

Round 1 V Dragons (Suncorp Stadium) - 42,680
Round 2 V Sharks (Carrara) - 17,960
Round 5 V Broncos (Suncorp Stadium) - 47,686
Round 7 V Eels (Carrara) - 18,021
Round 8 v Cowboys (Carrara) - 17,806
Round 11 V Rabbitohs (Carrara) - 17,266
Round 12 V Raiders (Carrara) - 13,644
Round 15 V Knights (Carrara) - 15,306
Round 16 V Warriors (Carrara) - 17,608
Round 19 V Bulldogs (Carrara) - 15,873
Round 21 V Wests Tigers (Carrara) - 17,257
Round 23 V Roosters (Carrara) - 17,423

Keep in mind that Carrara stadium's capacity was only around 18,000. Those two games at LP really made a difference.

crouching_tiger

Juniors
This stadium really looks the goods and my fingers are still crossed in hope that it will be completed for the trial match. Otherwise i will have to wait until the final round of the competition before i get a chance to be there.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Looks great, as a Sharks supporter and Sunshine Coastie I'll definately be making the annual trip down.Lets hope it's ready in time, as I'm never going to Carrara ever again.

axl rose

Bench
coolumsharkie said:
.Lets hope it's ready in time, as I'm never going to Carrara ever again.

Me either, thank god for that. From the worst stadium in the world to one of the best in Australia, can't wait.

TITAN1

Juniors
crouching_tiger said:
a 27K capacity sounds close to perfect for the Titans. Any less and i would start to wonder on sold out games and punters missing out during local derbies or finals games. On the other hand if it was around the 30K+ mark it would become a hollow shell for a lot of matches throughout the season. Also of note it seems like the curved roof is an idea that they use in the UK for sound to echo directly back into the field which creates an unsurpassed atmosphere.
Speak for your own team,thank you.
If we had a 30K capacity stadium we would fill it.;-)

coolumsharkie

Referee
axl rose said:
Me either, thank god for that. From the worst stadium in the world to one of the best in Australia, can't wait.

ANZ wasn't much better... Suncorp is probably the best I've ever been to.

suncorp is fantastic. ive only been there for a league but the viewing and facilities are brilliant. its also very easy to get to via the train. great place.

DeeGan

Bench
Well, once more, I will be part of Titans history in round one and I will be attending the game as a season ticket holder albeit one out of town at the moment.

I-CAN-NOT-WAIT-FOR-THE-DAY-WE-KICK-OFF-AT-SKILLED-PARK!

From what I hear and have seen, we will be the envy of a lot of the professional sporting outfits in the country :D

After a stellar debut season in 2007, this is icing on the cake :D

beave

Coach
Good to see you guys getting a decent stadium, can't wait to attend a game at your forterss. But for us up here in the North it is just another display of the State Government throwing the $$$$$ to the south east and showing complete contempt for us up here conisdering that the funding for pathetic patch up jobs that have occured on Dairy Farmers over the last 5 years is a mere pittance compared to what that big girl would have cost. This is not a shot at you Titans fans by the way, please don't take this as abuse or trolling, it just would be nice to think that we were worthy of a decent stadium like that up here, but pigs will fly before that happens...... happens with roads, hospitals, I suppose stadiums can be thrown on the list now as well, how much was Lang Park's re-furb worth???