The next 7 games...

Discussion in 'Penrith Panthers' started by herbert henry1908, May 12, 2018.

1. PenrithPanther45

PenrithPanther45 Juniors

Cleary is advertised in the game-day guide and Griffin also confirmed he would be playing in the Press Conference after the game.

https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2018/05/14/gameday-guide-round-11/

2. MrBlack

MrBlack Juniors

His club combination would only be about 5 games though.. And the first few were clunky at best.

I hope they pick Green. Selfish I know, but I want Cleary vs a warriors side without Green.

3. OldPanther

OldPanther First Grade

Fair enough. Griffin does love his QLD mindgames.

Spot on.

4. David brown

David brown Juniors

I wouldn't mind if Cleary had another week off just to be safe. We need him back but we don't need him that bad...

BxTom likes this.
  5. mxlegend99

mxlegend99 Coach

I mentioned that its only 5 games. But other than Townsend thats a bigger headstart than anyone else.

Green is in his 30s. Bit pointless debuting him now. Cleary/Maloney has potentialfor short term success while helping us longterm.

Panthers might miss out on him. But it would still be huge for us come finals if Cleary has an Origin series under his belt. If it were a winning one it would be crazy for the confidence.

6. OldPanther

OldPanther First Grade

That kind of development will be priceless if we're wanting him to help us go to and win a GF.

7. herbert henry1908

herbert henry1908 Coach

8. MrBlack

MrBlack Juniors

my comments were a little tongue in cheek.

Cleary will come back from SOO a superstar or a failure (think poor old Nathen Merritt), but I doubt he will fail.

9. mxlegend99

mxlegend99 Coach

10. OldPanther

OldPanther First Grade

Apparently they want a clean slate but so won't pick Maloney but will take back the sideways running idiot Fifita. Makes sense.

11. mxlegend99

mxlegend99 Coach

Clean slate is fine. Pick your best 17. If Maloneu isn't the first hslf picked you havent picked your best 17.

His defence is shit. But he's not much worse than Moses defensively. The way he conttols a team is like comparing Andrew Johns to Luke Walsh though.

Moses is a flat track bully. Great in a dominant team f**king useless otherwise.

12. OldPanther

OldPanther First Grade

Completely agree. Just think there is a massive double standard if Maloney misses out and Fifita gets picked. I have a feeling Maloney is going to be there and the media is shooting blanks.

13. mxlegend99

mxlegend99 Coach

The article I posted was Fittler basically defending not picking him.

If we beat Dragons it might force him to change his mind. But he really doesnt seem to want him.

14. soc123_au

soc123_au Coach

Freddy has to be trolling. No one in their right mind would consider Moses. He may have impressed him in the World Cup, but for the most part the World Cup is International Park Footy. Its not even close to Origin in intensity. Picking the gimp controlling the team running last is a piss take. They needed the front rowers to be creative last night to manage a try. Moses is aids and blue waffle rolled into one whiney package.

15. BxTom

BxTom Juniors

Freddy might be trying to make it look as though he is looking far and wide, but perhaps is just playing mind games.

Tom.

Fangs likes this.
  16. soc123_au

soc123_au Coach

In other words, trolling.

17. franklin2323

franklin2323 Coach

On ch9 last night Freddy pretty much said Keary/Cordner/Latrell combo is playing. Good news for us hope Cleary is the 7 Maloney has had his time

18. Kilkenny

Kilkenny Bench

We will get a better indication of where we are at in the next six weeks or so starting with this Saturday night.

The Dragons will be a stiff test and if we are serious about being ‘contenders’ then nothing less than the two points will suffice.

Still have nightmares about our loss at home in round 25 last season to a vastly inferior Dragons side before limping into the top 8.

We have a lot of improvement left in us but we need to start improving sooner rather than later.

19. kinghippo

kinghippo Juniors

I heard fitlers interview in full and he was trying his best to avoid naming anyone as a starter. The interviewer went out of their way to include Moses as a possibility. The interviewer said is it an advantage that you have coached Moses before blah blah blah, Freddy responded very diplomatically with “of course” blah blah blah. The whole thing is media hype, there is nothing in it, Maloney will be there.

20. tripster

tripster Juniors

Souths play the Warriors next week. With Souths win today, and their for and against not too much worse than ours (ours is +83, theirs +73), if they beat the Warriors by 6 points or more, and we lose to the Dragons by 5 points or more, Souths will move into second spot and we will be third (due to our superior for and against over the Warriors).