What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The NRL Footy Show 2017

Life's Good

Coach
Love the footy show its the only sports show where I never miss a episode

But they need to get rid of Alana and Erin surely their are better female host

Tommy was gold again
Either you're trolling or a little bit 'speshal' if you find TFS worth watching.

Rhyno

First Grade
Not trolling I love the show

Anyway I was just watching a replay of last weeks episode and was wondering why there was no backlash over Erin's racist comment in the look a like segment

" they reckon l look like that black guy from white chicks"

Espically after the media had a whinge about wally's joke

I don't know anyone who watches it. Twitter feed, facebook timeline and general conversation is utterly devoid of any Footy Show content. Where is it's market?

When we did the strategic brief for SharkCast TV our one objective was to "not be like the footy show" and I reckon every RL show had a similar type of discussion.

I remember when the show was so popular people used to quote it in everyday conversation.
"Turn it up fatman!"
"Yeah yeah" etc etc

Mind boggling that it is still on air when it is so utterly dated.

Life's Good

Coach
I don't know anyone who watches it. Twitter feed, facebook timeline and general conversation is utterly devoid of any Footy Show content. Where is it's market?

When we did the strategic brief for SharkCast TV our one objective was to "not be like the footy show" and I reckon every RL show had a similar type of discussion.

I remember when the show was so popular people used to quote it in everyday conversation.
"Turn it up fatman!"
"Yeah yeah" etc etc

Mind boggling that it is still on air when it is so utterly dated.
Google the term 'Jumped the shark'. Sums up The Footy Show. Also it is where The Matty Johns show is heading to be followed by Professors 2nd year punish.

Life's Good

Coach
I think it might be to late. I just cant see the humor in Hindmarsh and Fletcher, its makes me cringe.. but im old, show seems to be popular with

Nah mate. Nothing to do with age and more to do with f*rt & boob jokes being the lowest form of humour. Good for a chuckle but you don't build a show around it.

axl rose

Bench
Nah mate. Nothing to do with age and more to do with f*rt & boob jokes being the lowest form of humour. Good for a chuckle but you don't build a show around it.

True. The balance is wrong, need someone well respected. Like Sterlo in the old days on the Footy Show or Gould back on the roast. Having 3 boneheads in Tallis and the other two laughing at their own toilet jokes doesn't make good tv.

well.... this "great" show won Best Spots Program at the "prestigious" Logies tonight.

Which means that this show will be renewed for another five f*cking years!

OVP

Coach
Not trolling I love the show

Anyway I was just watching a replay of last weeks episode and was wondering why there was no backlash over Erin's racist comment in the look a like segment

" they reckon l look like that black guy from white chicks"

Espically after the media had a whinge about wally's joke

Do you watch it in your Parramatta Eels pyjamas ?

edabomb

First Grade
There is something about this show - I can't stop myself from catching 5 or 10 minutes when channel surfing.

I think it's the sense of achievement in knowing I'll never do work as bad as this in my life.

Life's Good

Coach
Had TFS on in the background and noticed Fatty throw to Molan about the drama surrounding her and whether Anthony Bell has been benching her. She goes on about it, didn't happen, it's not her etc. Fine for her as she has the outlet to set the record straight.
Talk about double standards that she drops speculation about Papaali, rips into Radradra yet they don't get a chance to put their side across.

undertaker

Coach
Had TFS on in the background and noticed Fatty throw to Molan about the drama surrounding her and whether Anthony Bell has been benching her. She goes on about it, didn't happen, it's not her etc. Fine for her as she has the outlet to set the record straight.
Talk about double standards that she drops speculation about Papaali, rips into Radradra yet they don't get a chance to put their side across.

Well said.

I've said long ago that Molan is a joke and her meteoric rise on TFS from just someone who was on the panel for one segment in 2013 to becoming Fatty's co-host a couple of years later was definitely not due to talent.

TFS has become a shadow of the show it once was, and have watched a full episode only a handful of times over the past 3 years or so. Doesn't sound like I've missed out on much

Game_Breaker

Coach

And having Beau Ryan awkwardly sitting there as she said all that

nrlnrl

First Grade
Well said.

I've said long ago that Molan is a joke and her meteoric rise on TFS from just someone who was on the panel for one segment in 2013 to becoming Fatty's co-host a couple of years later was definitely not due to talent.

TFS has become a shadow of the show it once was, and have watched a full episode only a handful of times over the past 3 years or so. Doesn't sound like I've missed out on much
I was watching Ch9 news this morning & saw the headline 'Brave Erin' - enough said.