What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The NRL

Seriously, is there anyone running this game anymore?
I mean anyone apart from the owners of Foxtel?

How can the Wests Tigers, a complete rabble of a football club, be given three Sunday afternoon TV games in a row?
Meanwhile, a "heritage game" at the spiritual home of rugby league, the SCG, between the games most successful clubs, the Dragons and Souths, be punted to the graveyard time of 6pm on a Friday.

It just disgraceful the way this game is getting run into the ground, poor crowds, inept scheduling, bad referees, no accountability from anyone.

Anyone remember when the "Independant commission" was touted as the only thing that was going to save the game? How's that working out so far?

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
The NRL are doing their best to rid the fans like us, from the game.

I stopped for five years and only came back this year because l love the club and thought l'd give it another crack. I'm trying to look above the idiots that run the game, not to mention the inept referees.
I don't love the way it's being run by incompetent fools who have no knowledge of rugby league or the great clubs within.

I seriously believe they will kill the game off if given the chance.
I hope l'm wrong.

RPG437

Juniors

I stopped for five years and only came back this year because l love the club and thought l'd give it another crack. I'm trying to look above the idiots that run the game, not to mention the inept referees.
I don't love the way it's being run by incompetent fools who have no knowledge of rugby league or the great clubs within.

I hope l'm wrong.
Geez you're a genius! You saved yourself plenty of grief and frustration by opting out for the last 5 years!!! You might want to extend that hiatus for another 2 years :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

ALSGI

Bench

I hope l'm wrong.
OKB1, I've also given up and left the game many times so I know what you mean.

My record is 6 days and only becuase I was overseas, there were no triggers like news, seeing car stickers or rego plates - I was recovering well, even started taking more interest in my family. Then I walked into a pub in London and we were live on the screens.

You should write a book about your 5 years of Dragons abstinence. It might help us afflicted sufferers.

Gareth67

First Grade

I hope l'm wrong.

Your so right O.K.Boy , yet again . We have knuckleheads running the show at present and it makes one wonder if they have the overall good of the game itself at heart or their or ex-clubs . Too many poor decisions have been made over the last decade , that coupled with the wrong people controlling the fortune of the game .

There must be an able sports administrator that can take Rugby League and give it a good shake by the neck , to rid it of the rubbish that is clogging it , to hopefully once again make our game the greatest of all .

OKB1, I've also given up and left the game many times so I know what you mean.

My record is 6 days and only becuase I was overseas, there were no triggers like news, seeing car stickers or rego plates - I was recovering well, even started taking more interest in my family. Then I walked into a pub in London and we were live on the screens.

You should write a book about your 5 years of Dragons abstinence. It might help us afflicted sufferers.

The first step is admitting you have a problem.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Channel 9 gets first pick of what game it broadcasts each night of the week. Tigers traditionally receive high Sydney viewership so they are a desirable club for Sunday arvo footy.

It's also the fault of Ch 9 that Broncos play most on Thursday and Friday nights. I know people like to shit on Broncos and their fans, however they have been requesting to the NRL to have a Sunday Suncorp game for a long time. Suncorp is probably one of the best league stadiums in the country, yet it doesn't get daytime footy! Because Ch 9 need those prime time ratings that they bring in.

Beginning next year, the NRL retains full control of the draw, so expect things to change, because right now things are the way they are because of Channel 9's picking and choosing.

Gareth67

First Grade
Channel 9 gets first pick of what game it broadcasts each night of the week. Tigers traditionally receive high Sydney viewership so they are a desirable club for Sunday arvo footy.

It's also the fault of Ch 9 that Broncos play most on Thursday and Friday nights. I know people like to shit on Broncos and their fans, however they have been requesting to the NRL to have a Sunday Suncorp game for a long time. Suncorp is probably one of the best league stadiums in the country, yet it doesn't get daytime footy! Because Ch 9 need those prime time ratings that they bring in.

Beginning next year, the NRL retains full control of the draw, so expect things to change, because right now things are the way they are because of Channel 9's picking and choosing.

Well , that's the best piece of news that I have heard for a bluudy long time - as far as the draw is concerned . That shall finally even the field somewhat , as long as those knuckleheads whom control the game have their wits about them .

We can only hope that they share the ' pickings ' among all 16 teams and not only to those from the top end of town .

Ok, I have a problem.

I'm a Dragons addict.

Nope, didn't work mate, still feel like shit.
What's the next step?

The next step.. Step 2 -

"Believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity."

Any belief in the Dragons higher powers ...is not a recipe for restoring sanity.

This step is meant to give you hope.. that you are not alone.

In fact, quite the opposite is true .. when you see our higher powers.. feelings of despair, resentment, anger and a complete loss of belief overwhelms you.

The bad news, it's a lifetime affliction.. the good news.. would you want it any other way.

Last edited:

Bench
Geez you're a genius! You saved yourself plenty of grief and frustration by opting out for the last 5 years!!! You might want to extend that hiatus for another 2 years :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
I spent 16 years in California and was only able to see highlights on utube and listening to games on ABC radio. Unfortunately they were broadcasting at 2am so missed most of the games

JDHD

Juniors

Off topic, but I LOVE trolling Broncos fans. They're all willing to stick the boot into Hunt, but if you so much as look sideways at Milford, they'll come after you harder than Manuel Ferrera's dong. Milford made a handling error on Friday, I tweeted words to the effect of 'he'd have caught that if it was a cheeseburger' and I had to make my account private lol

Broncos fans have this weird thing as well where they almost need fans from other teams to stroke their hair and tell them they're much prettier than all the other girls. It's weird.

Gareth67

First Grade
The NRL is just like the Big Top,
There is a ring master(nine/fox) then there are the clowns(grant,commision,greenburg & archer)
I'm convinced they really don't care about the game or the fans.:confused:
Doust & our board would be most suitable to running the game.:)

Ha ! I have often wonder if that is exactly what Doust and his cronies do as their night job, run the NRL and then at daybreak , they return to the Joint Venture and run it . I mean ruin it , or was that run it ? I am confused now , but whatever they do , they have certainly fooked it !

Last edited:

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Off topic, but I LOVE trolling Broncos fans. They're all willing to stick the boot into Hunt, but if you so much as look sideways at Milford, they'll come after you harder than Manuel Ferrera's dong. Milford made a handling error on Friday, I tweeted words to the effect of 'he'd have caught that if it was a cheeseburger' and I had to make my account private lol

Broncos fans have this weird thing as well where they almost need fans from other teams to stroke their hair and tell them they're much prettier than all the other girls. It's weird.

JDHD
Even after 10 of there xxxx brew they are still not pretty

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade

Yes apparently Jason King will be in charge of the draw etc.....so that being the case hopefully other teams will enjoy at times a 7 or 8 day turn around.........and just for the record its not just the draw that people like myself get offside with the Broncos and its supporters for its just because I love putting shit on them full stop lol

Seriously, Tigers Sunday TV game again next week, 4 weeks in a row, When was the last time we had a TV game?

While I'm at it, what do you have to do to get sent off these days?
If that Ofohengue tackle the other night wasn't the worst spear tackle I've seen in 10 years then I'm not here.