What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The NRL's Referee Review is in..

Card Shark

Immortal
I don't have an issue with that try, benefit of the doubt should go to the attacking team always, it allows for some consistency

Unfortunately they don't always apply that benefit of the doubt which is what leads them to being criticised, eg: walkers offside ruling.

The ball probably touched a blade of grass but it was never on solid ground.

I don't have an issue wth them awarding it but to say the refs had a good view of it is ridiculous.

King Ben

Juniors
3J3OBlt.png

Best thing I've read all week.

Weaponhead

Coach
It's much more fun seeing the club with a new found spine after years of being the nice, inoffensive little club in the shire that bent over whenever requested.

Vin Fizz

Bench
Sorry lads/ lasses. I'm gunna dissent on this one. Boycotting an event is a sooky act. If we want to show our spine we turn up, face the music and push our case until our eyes bleed. 13 other clubs were probably dealt with as harshly at times through the year yet they turned up. This isn't being strong in my view, it's actually the exact opposite, and look at what company we are now in, Creeping who is a past mast whinger and Steve Kearney who looks as bad as flange now. Stupid. Fire way.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Sorry lads/ lasses. I'm gunna dissent on this one. Boycotting an event is a sooky act. If we want to show our spine we turn up, face the music and push our case until our eyes bleed. 13 other clubs were probably dealt with as harshly at times through the year yet they turned up. This isn't being strong in my view, it's actually the exact opposite, and look at what company we are now in, Creeping who is a past mast whinger and Steve Kearney who looks as bad as flange now. Stupid. Fire way.

Can’t even count Creeping. He was in the middle of preparing for a World Cup final.

Petulant act. Petulance does not equal strength.

Might well guarantee a rough deal though.

Eion

First Grade
onya flan. I’m all for not pretending everything is ok when it’s a shambles. Stuff them.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
On reading this thread it just reminds me how Cronullified many of you guys really are..... We played like absolute busteds all year and had no chance of winning the comp yet we bitch and carry on when we cop a couple of average calls in the semi. Saved us the embarrassment of getting lapped by the Storm imo. Flange needs to move on or he'll end up a bitter kaarrnnt too.

Eion

First Grade
If flange would rather coach the team than give archer a rimmy then I’m ok with that.

snout

First Grade
Its not the turning up.

Its his clarification.

He didnt spit the dummy and not just show up - he gave good reason.

Archer stands up and says we had a good year...lets all forget about the shit decisions. The favoritism. The deplorable bunker calls. Lets look to 2018.

So everything is swept under greenburgs rug.

Shame the rest of the clubs didnt send the same message

yep.Its a sooky act ,exactly sort of behaviouir my mum let me know as a toddler wouldnt be tolerated and would get me nowhere. Later in life I read a few books on success in business and found 3/4 of the behaviour that was being endorssed to get what you want was exactly the sort of sooky behaviour mum hated.. It works... Go figure !

MilkShark

First Grade
On reading this thread it just reminds me how Cronullified many of you guys really are..... We played like absolute busteds all year and had no chance of winning the comp yet we bitch and carry on when we cop a couple of average calls in the semi. Saved us the embarrassment of getting lapped by the Storm imo. Flange needs to move on or he'll end up a bitter kaarrnnt too.
My thoughts towards the nrl has nothing to do with how we played or some bad calls we may have received.

I can’t stand the nrl for many many other reasons,referring is right up there though.

Lyle would’ve made him go!

Im not sure about that. While Lyle would have made the public policy of the club look to be fully supportive of all things official NRL I am sure he would also realise the value of public ,and dramatic airing of grievances. probably just would have made it look like Flannos personal decision just like trhe original 30000 fined press conferance .. wonder if it come out of Flannos pocket ?..

SharkShocked

Bench
Flanno turns up ... says nothing - forum whinges because he doesn't have a crack about poor treatment and our little club has no spine again

Flanno turns up... continues to bring up poor performances by referees, gets slammed on forum for being salty and continuing to cast us in a bad light

Flanno doesn't turn up - says it's a waste of time, gets slammed on forum for being petulant

Must be fun being a coach.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Flanno turns up ... says nothing - forum whinges because he doesn't have a crack about poor treatment and our little club has no spine again

Flanno turns up... continues to bring up poor performances by referees, gets slammed on forum for being salty and continuing to cast us in a bad light

Flanno doesn't turn up - says it's a waste of time, gets slammed on forum for being petulant

Must be fun being a coach.

Could be detrimental on field for next year but kudos for Flanno having a solid set of big hairy balls. You want us to go back to kissing arse, well fine but not this Sharks supporter.

I can see the difference between how some clubs are treated differently to others, I'm 100% behind his decision, f**k em!!!

Card Shark

Immortal
It probably would’ve been a waste of time.

Yep...unless they decide to police the (attempt) to play the ball with the foot rule & players taking off early, particularly off their try-line + touch judges calling forward passes from dummy half.

Fix those simple things up & I’ll be happy!

Latest posts