What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The offical NSW team for game 1

legend

Coach
I edited my post to tone it down a little. :lol:

I think the Raiders backline is in better form than the one NSW picked. Bennett must be laughing his arse off at the NSW team.

Only good thing is O'Hara will be available for the Raiders this weekend. We just need Bennett to overlook Schifcofske and we'll be laughing.

Gould, you suck! #-o

salivor

First Grade
Just think of the great battle between the 5/8ths lol. Two rickety old men with bad knees in Ikin and Timmins. Zimmer frame for Zimmer frame its going to be a thriller.

Cupid Stunt

With the exception of Buderus & Gidley I have some faith. At the risk of sounding like an echo I would have found some room for Hoppa as well, this is the arse-whoopin football he is made for. Plus his work load each game is both effective & gives forwards a longer breather in back-end of each half allowing them to be more effective when they do run the ball.
Timmins is a shock but it looks like this team is setup to hit & not play running football. Wing will give them some zip off the bench but if our forwards dont belt the Queerlanders then we may be in a lot of trouble.

Tahu, DeVere, Lyon, Hoppa... I may have put some money down if that was the case. ;-)

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
Cupid Stunt said:
With the exception of Buderus & Gidley I have some faith. At the risk of sounding like an echo I would have found some room for Hoppa as well, this is the arse-whoopin football he is made for. Plus his work load each game is both effective & gives forwards a longer breather in back-end of each half allowing them to be more effective when they do run the ball.
Timmins is a shock but it looks like this team is setup to hit & not play running football. Wing will give them some zip off the bench but if our forwards dont belt the Queerlanders then we may be in a lot of trouble.

Tahu, DeVere, Lyon, Hoppa... I may have put some money down if that was the case. ;-)
'

could not of put it any better myself

salivor

First Grade
I just don't think Hopoate can be trusted at that level. I agree hes close and his workload is great but its a big risk to take for NSW.

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
bronco said:
I just don't think Hopoate can be trusted at that level. I agree hes close and his workload is great but its a big risk to take for NSW.

a risk is putting that goose Gidley in the team, and Mr Drop Every Ball Tahu. Hoppa does about 1000x more work than these two guys put together and has the aggression which is needed at SOO level

salivor

First Grade
Look I don't think Gidley and Tahu should be in the team either but Hoppa doesn't know where to stop the aggression. Hes cost the Eagles a try already this year through stupitiy. The NSW selectors can't take the risk of something like that happening in origin.

kaon

Juniors
It's definitely one of the weakest NSW teams I’ve seem and there also seems to be very little skill in the side apart from Johns. How are they going to score any points?

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
bronco said:
Look I don't think Gidley and Tahu should be in the team either but Hoppa doesn't know where to stop the aggression. Hes cost the Eagles a try already this year through stupitiy. The NSW selectors can't take the risk of something like that happening in origin.
point taken, but if you are going to select a side on the 2 best INFORM NSW wingers in the comp, Hoppa would have to be there. Not who is bets buds with gould

salivor

First Grade
You can't expect to have a side coached by Gould and not expect favouritism in selection. Bennett isn't much different, ultimately I don't think the best QLD side will be selected.

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
bronco said:
You can't expect to have a side coached by Gould and not expect favouritism in selection. Bennett isn't much different, ultimately I don't think the best QLD side will be selected.

time will tell

legend

Coach
Here's a NSW side picked from the players not selected and I think they would beat the team selected by Gould.

Peachey
Hopoate
Hughes
Cooper
El Masri
Hill
Kimmorley
Morrison
Fletcher
Simpson
Clinton
Gower
O’Hara

Res:
Davico
Croker
Menzies
O’Meley

:badgrin:

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
legend said:
Here's a NSW side picked from the players not selected and I think they would beat the team selected by Gould.

Peachey
Hopoate
Hughes
Cooper
El Masri
Hill
Kimmorley
Morrison
Fletcher
Simpson
Clinton
Gower
O’Hara

Res:
Davico
Croker
Menzies
O’Meley

now that is a team I like, plenty of grunt and attacking flair! Nice work Legend

Spike

First Grade
Well I for one am pretty happy with the side. Six Knights players is a pretty good effort - it would of been 7 if Simmo didn't get injured. You guys won't be complaining when the Knights oops I mean the NSW players hold up the trophy.

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
Road Spike said:
Well I for one am pretty happy with the side. Six Knights players is a pretty good effort - it would of been 7 if Simmo didn't get injured. You guys won't be complaining when the Knights oops I mean the NSW players hold up the trophy.

If we hold up the trophy

Alan Shore

First Grade
legend said:

Peachey
Hopoate
Hughes
Cooper
El Masri
Hill
Kimmorley
Morrison
Fletcher
Simpson
Clinton
Gower
O’Hara

Res:
Davico
Croker
Menzies
O’Meley

That team would smash Queensland anyday. The problem with Goose Gould's team is that, apart from Johns, there's no alternate playmaker to distract the opposition or offer variety. At least in Legend's wonderful team Hill, Kimmorley and Peachey can all create, plus there's Gower as well.

~bedsy~

First Grade
El Duque said:
Gidley :roll: :evil:

I would've had De Vere and Lyon as centres with maybe El Masri on the wing.
Get off that stupid high horse of yours.... Lyon has been shit latley, Gidley had a ripper yesterday and deserves to be there. I do agree that De Vere should be the other centre, not on the wing.
I don't really have a major problem with the other players that were picked except for Timmins being 5/8 I would have preffered Anasta or Hill.

El Diablo

Post Whore
bedsy said:
El Duque said:
Gidley :roll: :evil:

I would've had De Vere and Lyon as centres with maybe El Masri on the wing.
Get off that stupid high horse of yours.... Lyon has been s**t latley, Gidley had a ripper yesterday and deserves to be there. I do agree that De Vere

Gidley did nothing special yesterday and he still can't tackle. Lyon has been playing great in a team that's been playing shit.

Latest posts