What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official FC Bayern München Thread

andrew057

First Grade
One of the worst dives Ive seen this season by Gomez the filthy *edit* tonight vs. Bremen.

Last edited by a moderator:
How the f*ck did that happen?

Legitimate goal disallowed and another one with Gomez putting Müller infront of an open net was disallowed, both incorrect calls especially the Gomez one. Played them off the park and robbed of a win, however that doesn't excuse Osram for using the ridiculously bullshit 4-2-3-1 formation which for whatever reason is popular in modern football.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Legitimate goal disallowed and another one with Gomez putting Müller infront of an open net was disallowed, both incorrect calls especially the Gomez one. Played them off the park and robbed of a win, however that doesn't excuse Osram for using the ridiculously bullshit 4-2-3-1 formation which for whatever reason is popular in modern football.

Agreed.

](*,)

I watched the first hour, then went to bed thinking it'd be an eventual 1 or 2-0 result.

Interesting article :

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,15303377,00.html

Hopefully the time spent with Die Fußballnationalmannschaf will be a kick up the backside.

Galactico approach? Last year they signed not one single player this year they signed players to correct a faulty defence.

Found the article:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...07/14/boateng.bayern/index.html#ixzz1S7y0q4qj

I have noticed a growing concern amongst fans that they're starting to identify less with the team because of the influx of players being brought in which is a very good point, 2009/10 was a great season for FCB with so many youth products being a great part of a domestic double, CL final and some even core to the World Cup run of the Nationalelf. We lost 3 players this term, 2 of them were youth products.

I can see where the galactico part comes from but it isn't really a fair term to use. BvB have limited transfer funding and as such have to rely on youth products, their best defender is Mats Hummels and he is a FCB youth product who spent 13 or so years at the club right from an early age until his late teens when he was loaned out and for some reason eventualy sold. BvB rely on crafty signings like that and Lucas Barrios who did not cost them much at all but also BvB do not rely upon CL money the way we do, making the quarter-finals of the CL is important for the club financly so we need to make moves when we have a bad season.

Then there is the formation of 4-2-3-1 which really doesn't fit the team well and is not open to much flexibility but is hugely popular. Only the German national team plays the attacking 4-2-3-1 effectively and they are a collection of the best players from a country of 90 million people.

Then the style, they play far too slow to be effective with 60% possession. The passing is usually crossfield from one wing to the other with the fullback overlapping and it doesn't allow them to take the defenders out of position, the ball movement is slow and usually a player will take one touch too many in summing up the situation. Robbéry are usually trapped with 2 or 3 defenders on them so then what? Toni Kroos is the genuine #10 but Thomas Müller plays the role, ineffectively aswell because he is a striker, so the attacking options become limited.

Counter attacking would be better off with this squad because it relies so heavily on Robbéry that the only time they will see space is on the break.

Last edited:

CC_Eagle

First Grade
I also didn't entirely understand the "Galatico" reference either. Regardless of the occasional signing, how many of the squad have been with Bayern for more then 3 years? I dare say a higher percentage than most of Europe's 'top clubs'.

Good post - I can't really add anything further. I don't understand why Kroos isn't moved to a '#10 role'!? I guess Gomez, Müller and Kroos all need to be accommodated in the starting side, and having Müller in a #10 role allows Kroos to be on the field.

Not too worried about the loss. Neuer and Boateng will work on their communication, I can't see errors like that happening too often this season. There were plenty of chances in attack, and on another day three or four goals could have easily been scored.

Wolfsburg will be a good test.

I also didn't entirely understand the "Galatico" reference either. Regardless of the occasional signing, how many of the squad have been with Bayern for more then 3 years? I dare say a higher percentage than most of Europe's 'top clubs'.

Good post - I can't really add anything further. I don't understand why Kroos isn't moved to a '#10 role'!? I guess Gomez, Müller and Kroos all need to be accommodated in the starting side, and having Müller in a #10 role allows Kroos to be on the field.

Not too worried about the loss. Neuer and Boateng will work on their communication, I can't see errors like that happening too often this season. There were plenty of chances in attack, and on another day three or four goals could have easily been scored.

I don't understand why Kroos isn't in the #10 either, especially for the Nationalelf when Löw played his deep.

Ivica Olic is a huge loss and probably the most important loss in the squad, more so than Robbéry perhaps. The Manchester United games show why, in the first leg he was aware to a half chance with 3 or 4 Man U defenders around and pounced, right on half time in the second leg he was under pressure from a defender and almost fell off balance but determination got us a vital goal.

The biggest problem is the form of Schweinsteiger who is performing nowhere near to his standard because of the loss of Mark van Bommel. MVB is not the most talented midfielder going around but when you have a genuine leader controlling the midfield the way he did it allowed Schweinsteiger time and freedom to pull the strings. Luiz Gustavo is talented enough and has done it before but isn't up to the consistency of MVB. It's the same with Arsenal, you guys haven't been the same since Patrick Vieria left and he was such a dominating figure on the field and an inspiration to the rest of the players and like MVB didn't take shit from anyone. We haven't been a genuine threat in Europe since we had Steffan Effenberg who was the same mould.

Louis Van Gaal ripped apart the seniority of the squad over 18 months, it'll take time to get it back.

One thing that is pleasing is that the Bundesliga is genuinely improving every season. Only we will ever consistently compete in Europe, but that is really due to the money and attraction, but teams just can't be pushed over anymore. Don't come prepared, don't take chances then you'll get punished. The league really does more coverage than La Liga.

I bet the Munich fans like Neuer even more now!!

It's bad enough he wears blue boots, but this?

HBRNdBiN_Pxgen_r_Ax263.jpg

Last edited:

WireMan

Bench

I can see why they are called "Galatico" with relation to the Bundesliga. They are the richest club in the league and can buy the best players around. The likes of Gustavo, Robben, Ribery are expensive compared to a few other teams.

Kroos looks good as a 10 but had a lot of success playing on the left for Lever. Unfortunately thats where Ribery plays! I'd put him in central mid next to Swienstager. Then have Mueller, and Ribery alternating between left wing and behind the striker. Stick Robben on the right wing. Maybe play a more defensive player in Europe and the big away matches.

shiznit

Coach
I see Bayern have almost done the deal with Javi Martinez. albeit for a big price... but i reckon great signing for Bayern.

and does price really matter for you bastards... you make up for it by selling us all your dud players for inflated prices... :lol:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
this thread is about to get a workout with the return of the fishmiester

Latest posts