What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The official Hegs-watch thread

Sugar

Bench
Sorry Dave but the Hegs of the past few years returned last night
Only injury will keep him in the squad

big country

Juniors
they just hammered Hegs' side, they always seemed to be short on that side last night whether or not it was Hegs' fault i dont know but it showed up a real area of weakness on that side and usually the centre/wing cop the blame so it doesnt look good for Hegs I have to say - it will definitely be a target of attack for opposition teams in coming weeks

BPS

Juniors
It was the same with Souths. They were ALWAYS short of Heggs side. maybe he has bad breath?

Dave Q

Coach
Ive provided the analysis and chronolgy and the hegs-haters talk in lame naffy generalisations.

WTF did Hegs do wrong out there...puhleasse...put your fugging hands up and explain.

A lot of blokes here have nfi about rugby league.

Hegs had a solid first outing in a side thats...well full of strangers.

He will be selected on his own merit next week.

:x

He fair dinkum got nothing but crap from his inside men, he cant attack with no ball, no space and no air.

Its like asking President Obama to chair a fugging Klu Klux Klan meeting.

Last edited:

Dave Q

Coach
Sorry Dave but the Hegs of the past few years returned last night
Only injury will keep him in the squad

:crazy:You should have slowed down on the lagers during the broncs/ oops, saints/storm game old buddy!!

Dave Q

Coach
Obviously somone has told him not to run sideways though. That was an improvement...i guess.

Now youre talking Adam baby.

Hegs made one sideways jink for about 0 metres ahead, 4-5 metres before he was smashed.

But that was his only crab of the night.

Nemesis

Bench
Not a bad first up game by Hegs and should improve in coming weeks once he settles.
However, as reported in todays SMH, he took the wrong option in this dummy half play which probably cost the cows a try...

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/lhq...-cowboys/2009/03/13/1236919575142.html?page=2

"Critically the last-play options butchered by the Cowboys cost them dearly. Coach Neil Henry was horrified to find his side often being caught with the ball on the sixth tackle, and then there was a poor option when dummy-half Shannon Hegarty elected to try and barge over the line when there were gaping holes out wide".

Dave Q

Coach
Not a bad first up game by Hegs and should improve in coming weeks once he settles.
However, as reported in todays SMH, he took the wrong option in this dummy half play which probably cost the cows a try...

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/lhq...-cowboys/2009/03/13/1236919575142.html?page=2

"Critically the last-play options butchered by the Cowboys cost them dearly. Coach Neil Henry was horrified to find his side often being caught with the ball on the sixth tackle, and then there was a poor option when dummy-half Shannon Hegarty elected to try and barge over the line when there were gaping holes out wide".

A voice of consideration and reason in this intellectual wilderness!

Shannon was the guy who ended up with it so he sees a chance and runs hes not supposed to be the playmaker!!

If Thurston could have kicked one extra goal, the cows would have won.

A lot of the cows fans dont even understand that basic bloody point, they are so blinded by hegs-hate and media crap.

I say that theres no use blaming the luckless winger!!

Now its onwards lads, we have evil to thwart!

nqcowboy87

Bench
Originally Posted by Nemesis

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/lhqm...42.html?page=2

A voice of consideration and reason in this intellectual wilderness!

Shannon was the guy who ended up with it so he sees a chance and runs hes not supposed to be the playmaker!!

If Thurston could have kicked one extra goal, the cows would have won.

A lot of the cows fans dont even understand that basic bloody point, they are so blinded by hegs-hate and media crap.

I say that theres no use blaming the luckless winger!!

Now its onwards lads, we have evil to thwart!

you are delusional, to the point where you are now embarking on mystical quests to fight evil:lol:

Dave Q

Coach
you are delusional, to the point where you are now embarking on mystical quests to fight evil:lol:

We dont expect you to understand son...

Souths=Good

Easts=Bad

I know that understanding will be a struggle for you.

Last edited:

Dave Q

Coach
Running from dummy half on the last when there was a ton of defence on the tryline right in front of him?

They were about the swallow him whole either side.

He took his chances, he very almost made it (a few cm's out at most).

I was off the couch at that stage.

All things considered, he played OK.

Statistically, hes making more runs than the average player.

He played 80 minutes and made one single error, thats a pretty good result.

For example, Tonga made three times the number of errors.

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal
They were about the swallow him whole either side.

He took his chances, he very almost made it (a few cm's out at most).

I was off the couch at that stage.

All things considered, he played OK.

Statistically, hes making more runs than the average player.

He played 80 minutes and made one single error, thats a pretty good result.

For example, Tonga made three times the number of errors.

Rubbish. there was a knockon or two, some poor defence, and getting bundled into touch. He was useless as usual

Dave Q

Coach
Rubbish. there was a knockon or two, some poor defence, and getting bundled into touch. He was useless as usual

And youd also be knocked into touch too if 4 broncs collided with you after you got a dodgy hopsital pass.

You are just another blind hegs hater for no reason.

You will see useless this arvo when we wipe the floor with youse!

Hegs defence was pretty tight for the full 80.

Mark my words, he will be one of the first blokes selected in the next cows side. Then we will see who knows their footy and who doesnt Adam.

You can kiss my feet now if you want, save the waiting for Henry!

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal

And youd also be knocked into touch too if 4 broncs collided with you after you got a dodgy hopsital pass.

You are just another blind hegs hater for no reason.

You will see useless this arvo when we wipe the floor with youse!

Hegs defence was pretty tight for the full 80.

Mark my words, he will be one of the first blokes selected in the next cows side. Then we will see who knows their footy and who doesnt Adam.

You can kiss my feet now if you want, save the waiting for Henry!

When they release the team list next wednesday, how will you know if he wasa selected first or last :sarcasm:

Dave Q

Coach
When they release the team list next wednesday, how will you know if he wasa selected first or last :sarcasm:

Ask yourself this: How will you know he wont be selected first?

If I were you, Id back away on this one Adam baby.