What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The one taxi race of the year worth watching

Parra

Referee
Bathurst weekend. One of the last with the V8's as we know them.

Great race, great weekend. This is what touring car racing is all about - endurance.

I hope it's a classic.

some11

Referee
Van Gisbergen put in a stonker of a lap to grab pole, no one else had the balls and precision to match it.

Bathurst is really the only classic/notable track in Australia - wild elevation changes, blind off camber corners, fast flowing tight corners and a long arse straight that hooks into heavy breaking. If you get it wrong you're either punished by a wall or bogged in the sand, get it right on the limit and it looks like you could crash any second.

Last edited:

some11

Referee
Van Gisbergen stalls in pit lane after leading the race.. that's motor racing folks.

some11

Referee
Suck shit Whincup, limps over the line 5th after being told to save fuel but the fool tried to keep pulling out a gap on Mostert.

Last edited:

some11

Referee
It's called defensive driving - trying to pull out a gap using as much fuel as possible is f**king geniused, glad he didn't even get on the podium what an idiot.

Congrats to Chaz and Ford - the best possible outcome.

tumbidragon

First Grade
bradford_zps6221c4b6.png

macnaz

Staff member
It's called defensive driving - trying to pull out a gap using as much fuel as possible is f**king geniused, glad he didn't even get on the podium what an idiot.

Mate its very very obvious you are new to motor racing and the strategies involved. ... he had a half a laps fuel .. with a full lap to go... they are using about 1litre per km .. he was always going to be short, it was a case of go for it and see what happens.
Lol I hope u enjoyed your five minutes of being a Bathurst expert.

Last edited:

some11

Referee
Mate its very very obvious you are new to motor racing and the strategies involved. ... he had a half a laps fuel .. with a full lap to go... they are using about 1litre per km .. he was always going to be short, it was a case of go for it and see what happens.
Lol I hope I enjoyed your five minutes of being a Bathurst expert.

Obvious he was never going to win but he could've been on the podium.

Ego or team orders - Whincup will choose himself every time.

saint.nick

Coach
I don't know too much about motor sports...but is it a case of a Bradbury win, or a case of Chaz's team out-strategising Whincup and Red Bull?

some11

Referee
Whincup ignored team orders to conserve fuel and he paid the price, he said in the interview after it was either go for the win or finish 2nd.

Parra

Referee
Lol I hope u enjoyed your five minutes of being a Bathurst expert.

He tried nothing and ran out of ideas. His team told him what to do four laps out and he ignored them. The problem, as you put it, was not having 1 laps worth of fuel with 1.5 to go - he caused that situation. 4 laps out he needed to start - he had fuel to make it, but not if he maintained the mid- 2.07 lap times that he did. Recall he had a 3 sec buffer at that point.

tumbidragon

First Grade
I don't know too much about motor sports...but is it a case of a Bradbury win, or a case of Chaz's team out-strategising Whincup and Red Bull?
I reckon it was more a case of strategy. But posted for the lolz ;-) Great race in the end though, with plenty of high drama. Congrats Chaz and PMoz (the lesser Morris)

Parra

Referee

Nothing to do with a Bradbury win. Whincup stuffed up and 4 other teams went by on the last lap.

I liked Moffats cryptic comment on podium about a "nice pack of wonderful people"

macnaz

Staff member
Obvious he was never going to win but he could've been on the podium.

Ego or team orders - Whincup will choose himself every time.

f**k u are cluesless ... Send me a PM and ill explain it again so people arent able to to notice how f**king stupid u are .. fmd!

macnaz

Staff member
He tried nothing and ran out of ideas. His team told him what to do four laps out and he ignored them. The problem, as you put it, was not having 1 laps worth of fuel with 1.5 to go - he caused that situation. 4 laps out he needed to start - he had fuel to make it, but not if he maintained the mid- 2.07 lap times that he did. Recall he had a 3 sec buffer at that point.

We had Lownes in the equation at that point as well... its easy to say save fuel while ppl behind are making you race... End of the day id rather call it motor racing then blame some f**king driver because he was short 800ml of fuel. .. by the way I was listening to the teams radio and I didnt detect any agro or probs from the pit that they were unhappy with his driving ?

macnaz

Staff member

I will concide that he may have been able to limp into a 3rd place if lucky. . But like the NRL or any sport no one wants to come 2nd. We will always remember in history who won Bathurst but wouldnt give a shit who got a place.