What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The only shining light is

JDHD

Juniors
There were a few shining lights last night:
- Dufty will most certainly be a gun
- Kurt Mann was our other most dangerous back and will be able to lock down a centre spot with old mate biscuit legs heading to the Cronulla Peptides next year.

- Jack De Belin is the absolute heart and soul of our team right now. We'd be f**ked without him.
- Frizzell had a phenomenal impact in the middle despite carrying a few injuries.

Those four can walk away proud. Frankly, we don't deserve them. The rest need a good, hard look at themselves.

thebigredv

First Grade
I did think Lafai played one of his better games with ball in hand. Was hard to put down even from a standing start.

Doesn't mean much though.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
- Kurt Mann was our other most dangerous back and will be able to lock down a centre spot with old mate biscuit legs heading to the Cronulla Peptides next year.

- Jack De Belin is the absolute heart and soul of our team right now. We'd be f**ked without him.
- Frizzell had a phenomenal impact in the middle despite carrying a few injuries.

Those four can walk away proud. Frankly, we don't deserve them. The rest need a good, hard look at themselves.

This. When frizell and JDB were on and you guys completed your sets you dominated us in the middle. Plus your 5th tackle options weren't too great.

Rocket Rod

Juniors

I think all the forwards did their job. Thompson had a perfectly good try disallowed. The reason we lost is that Widdop didn't take control of the final few minutes and close the game out. For someone on his coin that is his job. Quite disappointing really. Thurston, Cronk etc would have.
At least the fullback position is now resolved. Dufty is going to be great next season and his value will skyrocket.
Lock him in long term asap

thebigredv

First Grade
This. When frizell and JDB were on and you guys completed your sets you dominated us in the middle. Plus your 5th tackle options weren't too great.
We were lethargic and disinterested with the exception of Frizell, Mann, JDB, Dufty and old Nighty.
There are 15 other teams in this competition that would have had someone ready to collect from Sims at the 80th minute. That sums it up for me. We burned out 8 rounds into the competition. Forever April premiers.

Bench
This was the game we had to win. There were a few players that could hold their head up.
Dufty played a very good game. Did everything required of him.
JDB puts it out there, as expected. Should be made captain. Leads by example
Tyson: Still carrying injuries. Played great when on the field. He needs a break.
Vaughan: seemed to be off the field a lot but he played his normal game
Widdop: not one of his better games.
Kicking was back to shit again. No one was following the ball
Laffai: looked dangerous in attack.
McCrone: another game where he was crap.
Nighty; to old, no slow. He didn't disappoint. Safe as houses.
McGregor. What can you say. Sack him now.
Marketo: Waste of a bench spot. Offers nothing in a game.
McGregor said next week is going to be important. Excuse me but the last two games were more then important.
It's hard to get enthusiastic for the rest of the season. But D4L

hazzbeen

Bench
I think all the forwards did their job. Thompson had a perfectly good try disallowed. The reason we lost is that Widdop didn't take control of the final few minutes and close the game out. For someone on his coin that is his job. Quite disappointing really. Thurston, Cronk etc would have.
At least the fullback position is now resolved. Dufty is going to be great next season and his value will skyrocket.
Lock him in long term asap
We do have something there but its in patches , this is where a real coach would bring the best out of this team . A real coach would not have slid like we have after a great start . Cant the powers that reinstated Mary see his coaching has a pattern . He is only good for 6 or 7 games , he cant coach bottom line . We are hitting our heads against a brick wall with this guy . The way it is now Id even take Price back at least he might have learnt something from the Shire even thou he is the water boy .....

Rocket Rod

Juniors
Another shining light is that we won't have to put up with Duges ongoing injuries. He looks totally busted to me, and we may not even see him again in the red v after last night. I admire his commitment and willingness but Dufty is the future and will be fine at the back and Mann will cover centre fine as well plus Aitken and Lafai.
The peptides will have four long seasons of X-rays

topred

Juniors
Ahh well at least we aren't as bad as the Bulldogs. That mob are copping shit from everywhere eh!

red rocket

Juniors
Ahh well at least we aren't as bad as the Bulldogs. That mob are copping shit from everywhere eh!
Hasler is a great coach being made look bad because of very old ordinary players we are a great side being made look bad by a very ordinary coach. Throw in his two love child's young and hornby if they had any balls about them they would stand down for the benefit of this once proud club. Was going to drive the six hours to go and watch them next week but no they can go and get stuffed I'll stay at home and help the missus bake a bloody cake Christ doust and co drive me crazy

topred

Juniors
Hasler is a great coach being made look bad because of very old ordinary players we are a great side being made look bad by a very ordinary coach. Throw in his two love child's young and hornby if they had any balls about them they would stand down for the benefit of this once proud club. Was going to drive the six hours to go and watch them next week but no they can go and get stuffed I'll stay at home and help the missus bake a bloody cake Christ doust and co drive me crazy

Was watching the game last night at home and a friend asked me why I was quiet towards the end of the game when we were ahead. I told him the way the team was going Souths will get up and win. No more watching anymore of our games this year as my doctor will have to up my blood pressure pill strength!

getsmarty

Immortal

I bet Mary picks Mann on the bench next year....

Smack

Coach
We have a good squad aside from McCrone ,Marketo and Packer. Also, we need a good coach, Mary is too stubborn and refuses to fix the glaring issue of McCrone.

McCrone is worse than Ben Kusto. McCrone is the worst player to ever play for the Red V.