What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The People vs O J Simpson

thorson1987

Coach
Watched the first episode tonight.

I thought it was good. Annoyed how the episode finished though.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Finished it on Netflix

I enjoyed it. They cover a lot of ground and show different perspectives. With OJ obviously being guilty you really wonder how the jury found him not guilty but I don't think the glove had anything to do with it.

The defense won after the racist detective pleaded the 5th after being asked if he planted evidence.

PJ

First Grade
Agree with 2 weeks.

OJ Made in America was excellent and very enlightening.

One of the jurors admitted OJ was payback for Rodney King.

Some of the manipulations by the defense was, in my opinion, immoral and should not have been allowed. For example taking them into the house, where no part of the crime took place, but had been purposefully dressed to convey a very inaccurate and insincere picture of OJ to deliberately manipulate the jury.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Agree with 2 weeks.

Some of the manipulations by the defense was, in my opinion, immoral and should not have been allowed. For example taking them into the house, where no part of the crime took place, but had been purposefully dressed to convey a very inaccurate and insincere picture of OJ to deliberately manipulate the jury.

No doubt the defense pushed the envelope, but Cochran did what he was allowed to get away with.
He took advantage of the mood after the Rodney king bashing, and having a racist detective plead the 5th about planting evidence was just so unbelievable and played into their narrative.

Generalzod

Immortal
Finished it on Netflix

I enjoyed it. They cover a lot of ground and show different perspectives. With OJ obviously being guilty you really wonder how the jury found him not guilty but I don't think the glove had anything to do with it.

The defense won after the racist detective pleaded the 5th after being asked if he planted evidence.
I dont think he did it....

Generalzod

Immortal
Why not?

Without the racial overtones it seems like an open and shut case really.

Was a very good series though, just infuriating at times that you know how it plays out.
It was a great show as to who done I believe it was his son that did it

PJ

First Grade
It was a great show as to who done I believe it was his son that did it
There was a doco recently on Fox on that theory.

In it the sons was only ever speculated as a second assailant.

Spolier but by the end of it the two investigators both felt the son had nothing to do with it.

I'm pretty convinced OJ did it. Overwhelming evidence. As I mentioned earlier one of the jurors actually said it was payback for King, and whilst not outwardly saying it made it pretty clear that they let a guilty man walk.

shiznit

Coach
Agree with 2 weeks.

I haven't had a chance to see the doco yet but everyone who's seen it says it's AMAZING.

ESPNs best work apparently... And I love their 30 for 30 series...

When I get a chance I'll have to watch it.

PJ

First Grade
The one that had shrunk a bit (can't remember the reasons why but covered in doco) in evidence, that OJ didn't take his arthritis medicine for weeks before the trial so his hands would swell up so it wouldn't fit as well as trying to get over the other gloves, admittedly thin but also not conducive to having other material slide over?

That glove?

Phenomenal series. (OJ Simpson: Made in America that is. Netflix show wasnt too shabby either)

30 for 30 is awesome, the one on WWE wrestler Scott Hall was awesome. I'm not sure if the Ric Flair one came out, but his story is awesome too.

Last edited:

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Thought it was really good.

I almost didn't make it through the first couple with the constant unnecessary references to the Kardashian kids. Was giving the series a cheap feel to it.