What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The press conference

Loudstrat

Coach
The main points (sorry if this is already up)

Breach - 2007 $500k, Breach 2010 - Over 1 million

Brian Waldron, Hanson, Gregory, O'Sullivan and Vaile to blame

Evidence exists that they covered their tracks.

Unity foundation and McManus group were used to fund the breaches. They paid the players 3rd party payments, and invoiced the club for donations or consulting fees.

No evidence found to link Jayco.

Small amounts paid to players over a long period to avoid detection. Also free flights, cars etc

7 current and 6 former players benefitted.

Chambers, Croker, Cronk, Geyer, Hoffman, Inglis, Johnston, Kafusi, Quinn Smith, Slater, Turner and White. No evidence found that players knew *cough*

Players and managers refused to co-operate, Bellyache did co-operate.

Matters referred to police.

4 independent directors sacked.

Last edited:

meltiger

First Grade
At least this gets rid of the ridulousness of them demanding their '07 title back.

500k is too high a figure for the cheating filth to justify that stupid claim.

Big Mick

Referee
Wow.

Matt Geyer came out and said flat out he had nothing to do with it...and he is named...wow...I never thought he'd be one.

Gronk

Staff member
Hartigan says that some Storm players need to be prepared to make some hard decisions to get the team under the cap next year.

Loudstrat

Coach
I missed the conference, who's the last player? I only see 12 listed.
I forgot - wasn't Slater though, nor Finch, Blair or Manu from memory

The stream was crap - I missed the $3.7 million over - including $1.5 million over for 2011 already.

There is absolutely NO WAY they can kep the big 4 from what I can work out.

Big Mick

Referee
Plus we don't know the extent of each of the players breach.

If a player receives a Gift Certificate for a birthday...that apparantly is part of this report...that's a bit of a stretch imo.

Haynzy

First Grade
I wonder if, with the matter being handed over to the police, the players concerned will have to cooperate whether they want to or not.

Latest posts