What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Problem

macavity

Referee
blames his knee injury.

I guess "general shitness" probably doesn't make it past the editor.

perverse

Referee
Oh man, Hess and Taumalolo are going to shred us to pieces. Will be fun watching Ponga on the back of it. Gee I hope his contract is iron-clad.

Last edited:

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Ironically Hodko is the only key player of ours who hasn't been sidelined with injury over the last couple of years. He's been injured just enough to be rendered almost completely useless on field but not enough to put him in the grandstand on game day. Seriously the football gods have a cruel sense of humour.

perverse

Referee
We're not even half way through are we?
He's only played 30 for us.
Why the f**k did you have to go and point that out? Thanks a million. Shitting christ... it feels like 100 games.
Ironically Hodko is the only key player of ours who hasn't been sidelined with injury over the last couple of years. He's been injured just enough to be rendered almost completely useless on field but not enough to put him in the grandstand on game day. Seriously the football gods have a cruel sense of humour.
Yep. The thing is, because he's wrapped in cotton wool - he rarely gets the chance to cop a real injury on top.

Pedge1971

First Grade

Does anyone else find it weird he knees are too bad to punt kick in general play but completely fine to place kick for goal? Yes there is a risk he could cop a knock from an opponent coming through with pressure in general play but surely kicking the ball either way should carry the same risk?

Pedge1971

First Grade
Then f**k him off then. What other team plays a guy who is so chronically injured he cannot perform 85% of his role for the team. Hard conversation and then medical retirement. Could not give a shit if his salary remains on the cap.

Glendale

Juniors
Tbh I reckon our tactics of kicking the ball down the short side with backrowers and/or centres is working so far. It's atleast catching the opposition off guard, but soon teams will start to work it out and rush up on the outside and give Hodko space, meaning he has to kick it. This is where Phythian was a big loss. He had a lovely left foot kick on him.

Tbh kinda feel sorry for Hodko if his knees really are that bad. Just makes me feel more angry towards Hagan/Stone for signing a bloke who is literally on his last legs. I wonder what went through their head when signing a halfback who might not be able to kick... FMD.

Pedge1971

First Grade
I think the problem is those 2 cretins were so inept they did zero due diligence and took him on good faith.

mozza91

Coach
Lay off Hagan guys. I'm sure he'd be more than willing to assist Browny at the moment. First order of business? Extend Hodko's contract with a sizable pay rise.

Scar Tissue

Juniors
Can anyone work out why the Mullen business is still dragging on? I heard a severance package is being put together, if thats the case it defies logic, we owe him nothing, he has played bugger all over the years with all the injuries & was still on full wages. all the time. He breaks the rules, which is not in dispute & drags it out, appealing the sentence, in the mean time we have to pay, this stinks to high hell. Grow a backbone Gidley & stop this bullshit now, honestly all the crap this club continues to go through week after week & we can't make a stand on an issue that is black & white, that loses us respect & costs us money. Money is hard enough to come by as it is, without throwing wads of it at drug cheats who have done the wrong thing by themselves, the club & the supporters.

Latest posts