What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Problem

Frederick

Staff member
Can anyone work out why the Mullen business is still dragging on? I heard a severance package is being put together, if thats the case it defies logic, we owe him nothing, he has played bugger all over the years with all the injuries & was still on full wages. all the time. He breaks the rules, which is not in dispute & drags it out, appealing the sentence, in the mean time we have to pay, this stinks to high hell. Grow a backbone Gidley & stop this bullshit now, honestly all the crap this club continues to go through week after week & we can't make a stand on an issue that is black & white, that loses us respect & costs us money. Money is hard enough to come by as it is, without throwing wads of it at drug cheats who have done the wrong thing by themselves, the club & the supporters.
This x10000000000. We should've been able to cut him loose as soon as that first sample came back. Definitely should've done it when the second was positive. f**k his well being, he deliberately broke the rules. We owe him nothing.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I'm with you guys on this. TBH the whole appeal smells like a money grab to me, just delaying the process so he can get paid more before he gets sacked and ends up working an every day job like the rest of us.

I really don't see why the club should have to pay out a single cent to him, and quite frankly assuming the appeal fails then he should have to pay us back what we paid him while he was mucking us around, he's not playing so wtf are we paying him for?

I have always had the upmost respect for Mullo even though he never delivered on his unlimited potential but the drug result and this ridiculous appeal which looks destined to fail has just about lost me as a fan. He knew what he was getting himself into by taking the steroid in the first place so why can't he just cop it on the chin and take responsibility for his f**k up instead of dragging the club through the mud.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Well with the Tigers and Titans getting up this weekend I think we can bank a hat trick of spoons on the trot if we couldnt already......

mozza91

Coach
Remember when exiting in the first week of the finals seemed really disappointing? I'd give anything for a 7th placed finish now.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
The way our recruitment drive is going at the moment we can probably bank on 4 or 5 straight spoons.

The thing about those years where we would scrape into the 8 and be cannon fodder is I always felt let down because we were a much better team than that but we would always deliver a great game one week and a disgraceful performance the next, and we were always known for managing to lose the unlosable games.

Now I don't feel let down with this current team, they're trying their hardest within the limits of what they're currently capable of against overwhelming odds each week. It's more like a permanent state of mourning over the death of this once great team that we used to have.

It's funny how something like supporting your favourite team can give you such a range of intense emotions but hopefully one day we as fans get to experience our club be successful again.

Pedge1971

First Grade
The way our recruitment drive is going at the moment we can probably bank on 4 or 5 straight spoons.

The thing about those years where we would scrape into the 8 and be cannon fodder is I always felt let down because we were a much better team than that but we would always deliver a great game one week and a disgraceful performance the next, and we were always known for managing to lose the unlosable games.

Now I don't feel let down with this current team, they're trying their hardest within the limits of what they're currently capable of against overwhelming odds each week. It's more like a permanent state of mourning over the death of this once great team that we used to have.

It's funny how something like supporting your favourite team can give you such a range of intense emotions but hopefully one day we as fans get to experience our club be successful again.

The upside is we must be on the contact list of any player manager looking to upgrade their client whether serious or not. We will land some new players for sure the market dictates it

Just hope Brown and Mooney stick solid to the plan.

GetUpstandup2k

Juniors
Well with the Tigers and Titans getting up this weekend I think we can bank a hat trick of spoons on the trot if we couldnt already......

In my honest opinion I don't see Nathan Brown coaching us after this season if we get the hat trick of spoons...Three strikes, you're out.

Pedge1971

First Grade
In my honest opinion I don't see Nathan Brown coaching us after this season if we get the hat trick of spoons...Three strikes, you're out.

Erm. Wrong. He inherited a pig with no lipstick. He has some time. Needs to improve massively in the next 2 years.

They get rid of him now and I give up.

I'm hoping we don't bring Hodkinson back in unless he has a major form reversal.
We have different expectations on our experienced and high paid players than we do on our young kids. If we stick with players who we pay a fortune and who don't perform up to expectations then we set ourselves up for the same old we have had.

Apey

Staff member
Watching a video posted in the NRL forum and this video was next on autoplay

Our team structure looks a lot better back then, feels like everyone is running better lines and have better positioning. Ahh the days of 9th - 12th!

Burwood

Bench
If that try was scored today, the onfield ref would send it upstairs to be checked, only to have it disallowed because Waddell wasn't square at marker or because he took off too early.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
How did Plodkinson do in NSW cup last week? Kind of hoping he did well and could bring some confidence back to first grade