What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The promotion of rugby league

TheVelourFog

First Grade
The game is not boring? The scrum creates a vital part and role for positional play and roles within a playing squad. Not sure you have played this game mate? In fact I believe the scrum is undervalued as a feature within the game. With a few rule amendments or rule returns like allowing twisting etc rugby league becomes even more intriguing.

perhaps you have time-travelled here from the 90s, the last time scrums were relevant

they are a joke and a chance for the forwards to have a bludge

9 times out of 10 the halfback hands it off for a hitup

no-one puts on set moves from scrums any more

waste of time

Stallion

First Grade
perhaps you have time-travelled here from the 90s, the last time scrums were relevant

waste of time

Deary me! U havent been reading or comprehending this conversation. Moves and tactics are still happening off scrums . A few positive rules and they are very interesting. So what happens to the forwards? Thats right they transform into gazelles?

T-Boon

Coach
For me, the solution is to get rid of scrums in the regular game, but introduce that "powerplay" thing that lets teams score 4 instead of 2. With only one play to score, that 7v7 would actually become a really interesting situation.

I don't get this. Can you explain it like I am in 3rd grade.

myrrh ken

First Grade

waste of time

Thats what the storm thought about a year ago

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I don't get this. Can you explain it like I am in 3rd grade.

After a team scores, instead of converting to 6 points with a kick, give them the opportunity to take 8 points with a second try...

It was trialled in an All Stars game a few years back, but they only used a tap on the 20 so it was impossible for any set plays.

This is the perfect time to have a scrum and the only way to make them relevant again.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
The game is not boring? The scrum creates a vital part and role for positional play and roles within a playing squad. Not sure you have played this game mate? In fact I believe the scrum is undervalued as a feature within the game.

It might if it wasnt the first play of a set when teams are only interested in taking a hit-up

With a few rule amendments or rule returns like allowing twisting etc rugby league becomes even more intriguing.

With those rule changes, we would become Union again...

kdalymc

Bench
We should get rid of footy shorts. The players should wear Lorna Jane type performance pants, similar to what they wear in american football.
One indication of how stupid footy shorts look is how you don't see anyone except ultra bogans wearing them on the street. They only get worn for humour - like Reg Regan.
If the lads played in performance pants I project that we would triple the amount of women that attend games and they would clean up as merchandise as girls would buy them in bulk.

You probably wear boardshorts ya f**ken gronk