What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Punk/Hardcore/Emo/Ska Show Thread

Mateo Moi Moi

Juniors
Any fans out there of the likes of Bring Me The Horizon, Amity Affliction, A Day To Remember?

First, just wondering which are the better albums for these guys?

And what other bands would you recommend? In need of some new music.

Any fans out there of the likes of Bring Me The Horizon, Amity Affliction, A Day To Remember?

First, just wondering which are the better albums for these guys?

And what other bands would you recommend? In need of some new music.

Depends on the style you like.

I myself am a massive fan of amity and any of their albums from youngbloods are all really good. Musically they haven't changed too much.

Bring me the horizon pretty much have had 3 big changes. Their earlier albums are quite raw and are more deathcore. Then you have their album sempiturnal which is their best imo, it's more a post hardcore sound with clean vocals and screams. They just released a new album called 'that's the spirit' which is a massive change towards mainstream rock, most songs are suited for radio. So as a band they have changed heaps.

A day to remember are quite mainstream, mostly clean vocals but they do have a growling element to them although it's a feature in maybe 30% of their songs. They are ok for a bit of easy listening and aren't as heavy as amity or BMTH.

In December, amity and a day to remember are co headlining a tour across Australia at big venues. Go check em out.

I tend to follow the Aussie scene a bit so I would suggest:

- I highly recommend you check out northlane, they are a progressive hardcore band. They have a new singer and a new direction now but their old stuff is also really good. Check out their album node and their single 'rot'.

- in hearts wake - a Byron bay product, in the mould of the amity affliction, melodic singing and awesome growls, catchy songs and brilliant live. One of my favourtie bands. Have a listen to their song 'earthwalker' featuring Joel birch from amity.

- parkway drive - the biggest modern day Australian metal band. Their new album ire is absolutely brilliant. Check out a song called 'crushed' and 'dying to believe'

- an up and coming band to keep an eye on are a group called storm the sky. They are just starting out in the scene but are building in popularity check out their song called 'same graves'

I have seen all these bands live except a day to remember and they are all awesome. I have only suggested bands that fit the genre of post hardcore/metalcore which is what you are looking at.

Last edited:

LESStar58

Referee
On my way to Misfits in Melbourne tonight and Exploited tomorrow night. Gawd I love having mates who are bouncers! :)

LESStar58

Referee
Misfits featuring Danzig, Doyle and Jerry Only are reuniting. Officially. Just for Riot Fest Chicago and Denver.

Red Bear

Referee
I will be there. Having dinner Cronulla way at 6 so not sure if i will get to sick of it all or not, have seen them before. Should be good

Red Bear

Referee
Wowee. Refused absolutely amazing (even with the unnecessary long dramatic pause at the start). Great show

LESStar58

Referee
Easily one of the best shows I have seen in the past few years.
Quality set choice and energy

My only complaint is that they played my favorite song of theirs (Hope) 2nd in the set. I would have liked to have waited. It was cool though!

shaggs

Coach
You'd be happy that they fixed the sound straight away though.
Everything sucks was terrible to open. Standard shitty enmore sound
Engineer fixed it quick smart

Latest posts